PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vanderboegh: Planned resistance in Colorado

shane77m
04-27-2013, 04:50 PM
It will be interesting to see if Mike goes through with this and what the outcome will be if he does. I predict he won't do what he is planning but I could be wrong.

http://www.sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-law-i-intend-to-violate-in-colorado.html

The law I intend to violate in Colorado on 6 July 2013 and how intend to violate it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gQRWTl5XZzo/UXvNfJazvuI/AAAAAAAAWa8/cr3Q9nyTE2Q/s320/MagpulBoulderAirlift.jpg

Source: SUMMARY OF COLORADO'S NEW GUN CONTROL LAWS.
House Bill 13-1224 prohibits the sale, transfer, or possession of large-capacity ammunition magazines or feeding devices, which includes:
1. a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip, or similar device capable of accepting, or that is designed to be readily converted to accept, more than 15 rounds of ammunition . . .
Penalties for simple possession of large-capacity magazines are:
First-time violation is a Class 2 misdemeanor with a $250-$1,000 fine and 3-12 months in prison. Violation after a conviction for a prior violation is a Class 1 misdemeanor with a $500-$5,000 fine and 6-18 months in prison. . .
Regarding transportation: "Transporters. A person who possesses a large-capacity magazine for the sole purpose of transporting the magazine to an out-of-state entity on behalf of a Colorado manufacturer of such magazines is also exempt from the law."
It doesn't say what the penalty is for someone transporting magazines INTO Colorado, but I guess we'll find that out.
So, what I need to know, among other things, is:
1. What are the relevant Colorado laws regarding concealed and open carry on the Capitol steps in Denver?
2. Can we get a sizable number of armed folks there on a Saturday to conspire with me to violate the law?
My intention is to smuggle in 100 30 round AR or AK magazines and pass them out to the assembled (armed) crowd. ("Here, take one and pass them back.") They ought to disappear like water in the desert. Then, having violated their unconstitutional law in full view of the television cameras, dare the "authorities" to do anything about.

William R
04-27-2013, 05:25 PM
I remember Mike back from the early days of Prodigy 'Forums in the early 1990s.

Czolgosz
04-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Colorado, July 6. You don't say.

Anti Federalist
04-27-2013, 05:30 PM
I remember Mike back from the early days of Prodigy 'Forums in the early 1990s.

So do I.

He was also active in a couple of BBS sites and Compu-Serve forums IIRC.

ETA - And GodSpeed Mike.

Nice to see doing...

Czolgosz
04-27-2013, 05:31 PM
So do I.

He was also active in a couple of BBS sites and Compu-Serve forums IIRC

You ARE old. lol

TruckinMike
04-27-2013, 06:04 PM
//self censor

Anti Federalist
04-27-2013, 06:37 PM
You ARE old. lol

I know I know...pushing 50...ancient.

Czolgosz
04-27-2013, 06:43 PM
I know I know...pushing 50...ancient.

:D

ninepointfive
04-27-2013, 07:19 PM
interesting.... bump!

Tod
04-27-2013, 07:22 PM
a recent speech....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XkjLlZu9uno#!

shane77m
04-27-2013, 09:39 PM
From what I can remember their currently seems to be more activism from gun owners now than there were during the Clinton years. There also seems to be more tension building between the groups of those that desire to be free and those that don't. Hopefully Mike and many others will accomplish what they set out to do.