PDA

View Full Version : Burnout: Colo. pot legalization could be short-lived

RonPaulFanInGA
04-27-2013, 08:45 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/26/legal-marijuana-colorado-could-be-short-lived/

DENVER — Recreational marijuana isn’t officially legal yet in Colorado, but there’s already talk of making it illegal again.

A proposal under discussion in the state legislature would place a repeal measure on the November ballot. The repeal would take effect only if voters refused to approve a second measure to fund state costs associated with marijuana regulation.

torchbearer
04-27-2013, 08:51 AM
um, if you legalize it, then can't afford to regulate it. then its still legal, you just dont have the regulations enforced. win-win.

DGambler
04-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Me thinks CO is getting pressured by the Feds.

jkob
04-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Maybe the cowards should try a straight repeal instead of trying to trick voters

talkingpointes
04-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Thank god, do we really want our kids smoking the devils weed. I never bonded with my father until we smoked together for the first time. He hadn't smoked for something like 15 years and we smoke every time we hang out now. He's an asshole (i love him though) and it makes him 1000% more tolerable.

speciallyblend
04-27-2013, 10:06 AM
um, if you legalize it, then can't afford to regulate it. then its still legal, you just dont have the regulations enforced. win-win.

2nd this motion.

Brett85
04-27-2013, 01:57 PM
1) How does state regulation cost more than state prohibition?
2) So the "liberal Democratic" legislature and "liberal Democratic" Governor in Colorado who passed all of these ridiculous gun control laws now want to repeal a law legalizing marijuana that the voters themselves passed? These people are just authoritarian fascists, not liberals.

Dogsoldier
04-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Well so what the people changed their minds and want to vote again to make it illegal again?...Its the peoples will here.

Working Poor
04-27-2013, 02:10 PM
I tried to tell ya

AGRP
04-27-2013, 02:23 PM
http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/03/30/Devils_harvest_poster_01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/jj71/reefer4.jpg

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

"The primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Colored students at the University of Minnesota partying with (white) female students, smoking [marijuana] and getting their sympathy with stories of racial persecution. Result: pregnancy."

"Two Negroes took a girl 14 years old and kept her for two days under the influence of hemp. Upon recovery she was found to be suffering from syphilis."

"In at least two dozen comparatively recent cases of murder or degenerate sex attacks, marijuana proved to be a contributing cause."

http://replygif.net/i/120.gif

P3ter_Griffin
04-27-2013, 03:06 PM
2) So the "liberal Democratic" legislature and "liberal Democratic" Governor in Colorado who passed all of these ridiculous gun control laws now want to repeal a law legalizing marijuana that the voters themselves passed? These people are just authoritarian fascists, not liberals.

Good f'n question.

angelatc
04-27-2013, 03:12 PM

No kidding.

tod evans
04-27-2013, 03:15 PM
All of the various forces who profit financially from the "old" drug laws are just now starting to kick-n-scream..........I expect it to get worse..

AFPVet
04-27-2013, 03:15 PM
It sounds like it could go in the direction of decriminalization rather than full legalization. This is unfortunate. Cannabis should be fully legalized and regulated just like alcohol. The feds are really scared of recreational and industrial cannabis aren't they?

fr33
04-27-2013, 04:07 PM
There's so much money to be made off recreational pot and vacations. I can't believe they might slit their own throat like that.

tod evans
04-27-2013, 04:09 PM
There's so much money to be made off recreational pot and vacations. I can't believe they might slit their own throat like that.

Look at the big picture, like courts/cops/lawyers/prisons/parole/"treatment" facilities, etc......

Do you honestly think these deeply entrenched people are going to forego their livelihood without a fight?

TruckinMike
04-27-2013, 04:18 PM

The obvious: The drug cartels and drug war Zars have teamed up and sent their muscle into Colorado to reverse the course of legalization. They are bringing both money for campaigns and other means of persuasion.

Boss
04-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Well so what the people changed their minds and want to vote again to make it illegal again?...Its the peoples will here.

might help to read

WhistlinDave
04-27-2013, 05:08 PM
These guys in the CO state legislature must not be too bright. If they make an effort to subvert the will of the people, they're going to soon find themselves voted out of office. I hope their fear of Federal threats is worth their jobs, because that's the ultimatum they're faced with here.

DamianTV
04-27-2013, 08:38 PM

Facism pretty much requires that people be dependant on the State for everything, including what to think. Cant have no free thinking in our State.

RPtotheWH
04-27-2013, 08:48 PM
I would be surprised if the legalization continued. The .gov HATES giving up power. The cops and prisons make way too much money off of MJ being illegal. Time will tell.

WhistlinDave
04-27-2013, 09:32 PM
I would be surprised if the legalization continued. The .gov HATES giving up power. The cops and prisons make way too much money off of MJ being illegal. Time will tell.

I'd be surprised if it didn't. More and more states are going to keep voting to legalize the mary jane, and the Federal government eventually won't have much choice but to decriminalize at the federal level. This is the same way alcohol prohibition was repealed. One by one, states started re-legalizing alcohol until the Federal govt realized they had lost the war, and had no choice but to finally respect the will of the people.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-27-2013, 09:36 PM
This is the same way alcohol prohibition was repealed. One by one, states started re-legalizing alcohol until the Federal govt realized they had lost the war, and had no choice but to finally respect the will of the people.

Are you sure about that? Alcohol prohibition had the 18th Amendment, and I don't think states could end-run around it.

speciallyblend
04-27-2013, 11:33 PM
These guys in the CO state legislature must not be too bright. If they make an effort to subvert the will of the people, they're going to soon find themselves voted out of office. I hope their fear of Federal threats is worth their jobs, because that's the ultimatum they're faced with here.

pretty much, opposing a solid voter base is the quickest way to get removed from office.

speciallyblend
04-27-2013, 11:34 PM

they will not vote to make it illegal again. this is a pipe dream from the anti-marijuana folks. We will not be going backwards.

Dogsoldier
04-28-2013, 01:24 AM
"they will not vote to make it illegal again. this is a pipe dream from the anti-marijuana folks. We will not be going backwards."

Its the will of the people.So?

Don't tell me will need a civil war over this...I thought it would be guns...

speciallyblend
04-28-2013, 06:11 AM
the will of the people over 20 years now has legalized medical and personal and not just passing laws but changing the colorado constitution. Any politician trying to back door us will be removed from office with a majority voter base. Do they really want to mess with a voter base that ranges from 52% up to 72% plus for legal marijuana. let the voting begin.

speciallyblend
04-28-2013, 06:17 AM
"they will not vote to make it illegal again. this is a pipe dream from the anti-marijuana folks. We will not be going backwards."

Its the will of the people.So?

Don't tell me will need a civil war over this...I thought it would be guns...

well seeing the gun movement and legal movement are closely related and joining forces. It is just media hype. We will not allow this to happen and will be removing folks from office in 2014/2016. let them cosign this or endorse this and we will vote'em out. The quickest way to get removed from office dem or republican is to oppose a majority voter base that has voted for over 20 years now and is still growing and VOTING. Bring it On. We have been battling these crooks since i was 18 and will continue.

speciallyblend
04-28-2013, 06:32 AM
added note any state rep DUMB enough to put their name on this bill. Are wanting to be challenged and removed from office on election day. This bill will die at the state level.

tod evans
04-28-2013, 06:33 AM
the will of the people over 20 years now has legalized medical and personal and not just passing laws but changing the colorado constitution. Any politician trying to back door us will be removed from office with a majority voter base. Do they really want to mess with a voter base that ranges from 52% up to 72% plus for legal marijuana. let the voting begin.

I really hope you're right!:o

jmdrake
04-28-2013, 07:14 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/26/legal-marijuana-colorado-could-be-short-lived/

What the hell? So voters pass a constitutional amendment and someone in the state legislature claims that they can put an issue on the ballot that if voters vote it down means the constitutional amendment is "repealed"? Time for everyone in Colorado who voted for this to become a single issue voter and vote all of the legislators out of office.

speciallyblend
04-28-2013, 09:09 AM
What the hell? So voters pass a constitutional amendment and someone in the state legislature claims that they can put an issue on the ballot that if voters vote it down means the constitutional amendment is "repealed"? Time for everyone in Colorado who voted for this to become a single issue voter and vote all of the legislators out of office.

exactly, these folks are insane. I cannot wait to see this list of elected officials signing off on this;) I urge them to! If you look at the voter base for medical and personal in the last several elections. In my counties we have had a voter base from as little as 52%-72%. We helped get a 72% voter base in Breckenridge on a school board election year. We have had 52% and above vote on several marijuana ballots. We clearly have a majority voter base across colorado even co springs we pulled 48%(not a majority but amazing considering focus on your own damn family is co springs oriented) in a heavy anti-marijuana area. Any politician who signs on to this bill will basically be asking to be removed from office.

devil21
04-28-2013, 04:44 PM
So basically the state legislature can't decide how much to exorbitantly tax a plant (that you can grow in your backyard or your garage and avoid the taxes altogether) so their answer is to try to force the people to choose between onerous taxation and legality?

surf
04-28-2013, 05:33 PM
http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/03/30/Devils_harvest_poster_01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/jj71/reefer4.jpg

http://replygif.net/i/120.gif
you guys are all missing the point here: as always, it's about protecting young white women. why would we wish them harm? the CO folks, obviously smarter than us, are just cloaking it under some bogus cost issue.