PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush gives kudos to Rand Paul

compromise
04-27-2013, 04:55 AM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/nkypolitics/2013/03/14/jeb-bush-doesnt-announce-candidacy-but-gives-kudos-to-rand-paul/

But after the signing, he did express admiration for another potential presidential candidate, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.

“I campaigned for him when he was running,” Bush said. “I think in the Republican Party, it’s fine to have many voices, not all of which concur. We don’t have to have an orthodoxy that everybody agrees on everything. A vibrant party has views that have a range, and we should be getting more people involved rather than less.”

mz10
04-27-2013, 06:05 AM
That's code for "I hate this guy's views but it's not politically feasible for me to bash him so I'll just pat him on the head"

Brett85
04-27-2013, 06:33 AM
That's code for "I hate this guy's views but it's not politically feasible for me to bash him so I'll just pat him on the head"

Oh well. I'll take that over someone like Santorum who simply bashes anyone who believes in liberty without giving them any respect at all.

Anti-Neocon
04-27-2013, 06:37 AM
Oh well. I'll take that over someone like Santorum who simply bashes anyone who believes in liberty without giving them any respect at all.
I wouldn't. I rather my wolves bare naked than in sheep's clothing.

TheTyke
04-27-2013, 06:37 AM
He campaigned for Rand? Trying to remember...

talkingpointes
04-27-2013, 07:10 AM

Yeah, right. I can't think of it either and I was on board Rands campaign from the get-go. I remember Ron's brothers speaking for him, but that was it.

cajuncocoa
04-27-2013, 08:25 AM

Yeah, right. I can't think of it either and I was on board Rands campaign from the get-go. I remember Ron's brothers speaking for him, but that was it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/26/jeb-bushs-rand-paul-fundr_n_659200.html

Christian Liberty
04-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Shut up Jeb. Seriously, until you openly condemn your brother, who was one of the top ten tyrants in US History, you'd be better off just insulting us. Seriously, it makes us look better.

This is just establishment sabotage.

TheTyke
04-27-2013, 08:31 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/26/jeb-bushs-rand-paul-fundr_n_659200.html

Woa! Thanks. That one was really off the radar for me. And it was right in KY too! I remember Palin etc. but not this one...

Christian Liberty
04-27-2013, 08:32 AM

I still wonder why my dad at one point believed that Santorum believed in less government than Romney.

but yeah, i hate Rick's guts. Honestly, and I'm honestly admitting a character flaw here, I hate Jeb more because of who his brother is. I really don't like the idea of a dynasty and I REALLy don't want Bush's brother in politics. That's not fair, but I do think less of him because of that.

Obviously if he said "George W. Bush sucks and I support guys like Ron Paul" or something I wouldn't still hate him, but I hate what his family represents and Jeb is proud of it. So I hate him even more than I hate Rick...

Zarn Solen
04-27-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm not defending Jeb Bush as a person or politician, but he is not going to trash his own brother.

Christian Liberty
04-27-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm not defending Jeb Bush as a person or politician, but he is not going to trash his own brother.

I wonder what Ron Paul would do if his brother were in politics and did stuff like what Bush has done. I mean, I know Ron has been gereous to Rand, but Rand USUALLY agrees with him. He voted for sanctions and stuff, but never outright war.

I'd condemn my brother in a heartbeat if he did things like Bush did. Then again, I'd probably disown him much the same way I'd disown a brother who was a serial killer.

I could live with a "I don't agree with Bush's policies" from Jeb but to say he's "Proud of what his brother has 'accomplished'"? Sorry, he's our enemy...

supermario21
04-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Don't forget one of W's ambassadors to somewhere in the Baltic region is one of Rand's biggest supporters/fundraisers. I think Jeb is ultimately NOT going to run, and I feel he secretly hopes Rubio doesn't get the nomination.

Working Poor
04-27-2013, 10:32 AM
oh he's just trying to ruin Rand's chances...

compromise
04-27-2013, 10:41 AM
I wonder what Ron Paul would do if his brother were in politics and did stuff like what Bush has done. I mean, I know Ron has been gereous to Rand, but Rand USUALLY agrees with him. He voted for sanctions and stuff, but never outright war.

I'd condemn my brother in a heartbeat if he did things like Bush did. Then again, I'd probably disown him much the same way I'd disown a brother who was a serial killer.

I could live with a "I don't agree with Bush's policies" from Jeb but to say he's "Proud of what his brother has 'accomplished'"? Sorry, he's our enemy...

Well, most people would be proud if their brother was the president, regardless of policy.

Christian Liberty
04-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Well, most people would be proud if their brother was the president, regardless of policy.

Doesn't Jeb basically agree with GWB on policy?

I guess I'm not like most people, if my brother was doing what Obama is doing, I'd be saying basically the same things that I'm saying about Obama now. (I used Obama becaus I don't talk about GWB as much, since he isn't in charge anymore.) Of course, my brother is much smarter than that. He has a few stupid positions on guns and drugs but he recognizes the problems with wealth redistribution and bombing people.

Thank goodness my brother is smarter than GWB.

compromise
04-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Doesn't Jeb basically agree with GWB on policy?

He probably does. But the fact that even a Bush is willing to embrace Rand is telling of how much influence the liberty movement is having within the Republican Party.

angelatc
04-27-2013, 10:57 AM
So the media is suddenly interested in what Jeb Bush has to say. Gee, I don't seem to remember him making the rounds during the election cycle. But now every time he opens his mouth, there's press release or a sound bite that is considered newsworthy.

Whatever could this mean?

Zarn Solen
04-27-2013, 11:47 AM

I know he has been like his brother in many ways. However, even if he were more libertarian, he is not going to trash his own brother who is still a star to many GOPers, and then tell them to vote Rand. It does not work like that. I do not understand why anyone would want Jeb to disown W. It's still his brother.

Maybe I'm just getting to sentimental, as I get older. Family relations are important to me. I know what happens when families fall apart.

Christian Liberty
04-27-2013, 12:32 PM
I know he has been like his brother in many ways. However, even if he were more libertarian, he is not going to trash his own brother who is still a star to many GOPers, and then tell them to vote Rand. It does not work like that. I do not understand why anyone would want Jeb to disown W. It's still his brother.

Maybe I'm just getting to sentimental, as I get older. Family relations are important to me. I know what happens when families fall apart.
I'd normally agree with you. When the brother is a mass murderer who would make Ted Bundy blush, destroyed due process in an entire country, and paved the way for NDAA 2012 and the rest of the Obamanation that we have right now, this changes. George W. Bush has destroyed far more than a normal serial killer ever should.

If my brother did that, and had the NERVE to say he was "Comfortable with what he did", I would refuse to associate with him on principle. Most of the masses are ignorant, I can forgive them for this. My grandmother is a huge Bush fan (While also thinking Obama is the AntiChrist, a combination which makes me laugh). But when you're the guy at the top and you're STILL an idiot, I think that's evil, not idiocy.

Rudeman
04-27-2013, 03:57 PM
No offense FreedomFanatic, but you aren't running for a political seat/position (like Jeb) plans to. Even if he absolutely despised him (I doubt it) it wouldn't be a smart political move to trash him. If you said the things you say in the way you say them you would get no where in politics. So yea not really fair to compare any politician to what you'd say or do.

Brett85
04-27-2013, 04:08 PM
I think that even Rand will be pretty careful about how he talks about George W. Bush during the debates in 2016. I'm sure he'll talk about how he "spent too much money and grew the size of government too much," but he's also smart enough not to use overly hostile rhetoric towards him when probably around 70% or so of Republican voters still think that Bush was a good President.

Christian Liberty
04-27-2013, 06:29 PM
No offense FreedomFanatic, but you aren't running for a political seat/position (like Jeb) plans to. Even if he absolutely despised him (I doubt it) it wouldn't be a smart political move to trash him. If you said the things you say in the way you say them you would get no where in politics. So yea not really fair to compare any politician to what you'd say or do.

Yeah, I'd definitely be smarter if I actually ran for a political position...

asurfaholic
04-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely be smarter if I actually ran for a political position...

In going to go out on a limb and speculate that being smart is not a prerequisite of being a politician..

Christian Liberty
04-27-2013, 09:09 PM
In going to go out on a limb and speculate that being smart is not a prerequisite of being a politician..

Well, I meant "More tactful."

I'd still probably be too blunt to get particularly far, however. I've considered potentially trying to run for something someday but I wouldn't expect to actually win.