PDA

View Full Version : Robert Wenzel doesn't exist

jj-
04-26-2013, 10:57 PM
It turns out that Robert Wenzel, the hero of many anarcho-capitalists here, doesn't exist. His profile is a fraud.

Link (http://www.ofnumbers.com/2013/04/15/i-mayhave-the-drudge-formula-and-keyser-oze/)

fr33
04-26-2013, 11:13 PM
I never thought too highly of him.

robert68
04-26-2013, 11:14 PM
And for awhile after his debate with Kinsella on IP, he called him by a different first name.

heavenlyboy34
04-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Ever heard of nom de plume?

jj-
04-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Ever heard of nom de plume?

There is more than that. He never gave that Fed speech. Or more accurately, he gave it to two people at lunch. He gave the impression he gave a formal speech to many people at the Fed. He backdates his posts. Who knows if he actually predicted the bubble.

heavenlyboy34
04-26-2013, 11:21 PM
There is more than that. He never gave that Fed speech. Or more accurately, he gave it to two people at lunch. He gave the impression he gave a formal speech to many people at the Fed. He backdates his posts. Who knows if he actually predicted the bubble.
Ah. Well, I really don't know anything about him other than Bob Murphy occasionally mentions him, so I don't have much to add to the debate.

Matt Collins
04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Is this the guy that constantly acts like a jerk and diminishes the credibility of EPJ while constantly trying to divide the liberty movement? :confused:

sailingaway
04-27-2013, 03:31 PM

I never knew he gave a fed speech. I read his stuff when it is on stuff that interests me, like economics and Ron, for example.

sailingaway
04-27-2013, 03:32 PM
By the way, my real name isn't 'sailingaway' either.

sluggo
04-27-2013, 05:44 PM
I used to read his stuff, but I got tired of the constant Rand attacks.

jtstellar
04-27-2013, 05:51 PM
By the way, my real name isn't 'sailingaway' either.

i think the point is if you want to pose yourself as some kind of grassroots leader that commands some degree of import with some portion of followers/listeners, usually people use their real name, like adam kokesh. if you're willing to put yourself out there, what you say matters more. in contrast, this seems cowardly, since you can't hold a real person accountable.