PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: I'm Against The Abuse Of The Bill Of Rights, Not Any Technology - Hannity 4/25/

Petar
04-26-2013, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxpxYy63GJM

The Northbreather
04-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Sorry Rand. Now you want the police to shoot little drones out of their cars?

So you want the police to have even more judicial power on a active crime scene?

I think you've grown comfortable and secure from your position as senator when it comes to dealing with the police.

At the very least (I'm talking half of the population is in imminent danger, very,very rare) I want a warrant issued, every time a drone is depoyed in US borders.

The potential for abuse is far to great and the amount of laws are far to numerous to give any more digression to the cop on the scene.

DRONES OUT OF THE U.S.!!!!

AlexAmore
04-26-2013, 07:25 PM

Not gonna happen. We can either fight that losing battle, or focus on protecting our rights while living with drones. Rand is choosing the latter and he's right to do so.

Petar
04-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Well, it's a sensitive issue because DHS wants to deploy these things across USA for surveillance.

Other than that, I don't think that it's bad for him to make the distinction between using drones to assassinate US citizens, and the technology itself.

I sort of understand why people are freaking out though, when he's talking about cops conceivably using mini drones to kill people.

But who knows, maybe that will be an acceptable way of taking out people who are engaged in killing sprees one day?

FrankRep
04-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Some people feel the same way about guns. Good luck.

Natural Citizen
04-26-2013, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxpxYy63GJM

Is about time. Was beginning to think they weren't paying attention.

Natural Citizen
04-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Well, it's a sensitive issue because DHS wants to deploy these things across USA for surveillance.

Other than that, I don't think that it's bad for him to make the distinction between using drones to assassinate US citizens, and the technology itself.

I sort of understand why people are freaking out though, when he's talking about cops conceivably using mini drones to kill people.

But who knows, maybe that will be an acceptable way of taking out people who are engaged in killing sprees one day?

Yeah, he just made a huge leap regarding dialogue though. He's discussing the science of it (although at an introductory level). Or establishing a way to do that, to be clear. So...your turn. Well, not you per se. He's set the table for the right questions to be asked and he's done so in a politically safe manner. Since he's ok with the technology we get to ask why he's ok with it. What does he know about it? What's his position on it based upon what he knows about it? These are questions that won't come from the purely political spectrum but they will come. At the very least it's ideal that he has shown the area of dialogue for which he's comfortable speaking.

Technology and the sciences are truly the only perspective in which one has a stable platform to protect individual liberty. Many think politics serve this but in these particular times of technological and infrastructural change that's a patently false assumption.

EBounding
04-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Would drones exist in an anarchist society?

wormyguy
04-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Would drones exist in an anarchist society?

They certainly would, if not in MQ-9 Reaper form. (Too expensive with too few practical uses for a private citizen).

The Northbreather
04-28-2013, 02:15 AM
For the life of me I just cannot imagine Ron Paul going on Hannity to pal around and say this:

"I could imagine a time where a policeman is being shot at in his car and has the ability to push a button and a small robotic weapon is elevated and is able to shoot back at the suspect."

Does drone enabled police fall under the "dangerousness of standing armies" warning? I figured Rand would be for de-milaterizing the police?

Then they yuck it up about how Ron's supporters are crazy. Maybe Ron's supporters are enormously more alert than the dullards who swallow your bought and payed for drivel, Sean!

I have been a Rand supporter and donor but maybe he needs to sit for a second and think about why his "dads crazy supporters" are reacting so quickly on this issue before he jumps on TV again and start "imagining" more police state scenes.

I think if he stood up against government domestic drones he would endear people of many political orientations but I'm not the politician.

kcchiefs6465
04-28-2013, 03:09 AM
Yeah, who knows, maybe speeding tickets will one day be issued from miles in the sky? A few cops do get hit by cars yearly while issuing tickets.

That there's republicrat, statist, problem solving. They want more drones and police officers, what better way to fund it than drones being used as revenue creators? Kill two birds with one stone. And if the drone is armed, they will be able to kill even more!

What other brave new technologies can I look forward to? Hopefully RFID chips and facial recognition. That would be super cool. Google could see that I just bought some chips, realize I'm gonna be thirsty, and offer me coupons to get a pop! Hell, they'll know what I want before I do! That would be so awesome!

It's not that I'm against the technology. I am just for giving it to people who constantly abuse their authority and the public's trust.