PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: People seeking to drive wedges father vs. son, we agree 99%! (Geraldo show 4/26)

jct74
04-26-2013, 12:31 PM
also talks about Mark Sanford endorsement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB5JgzBVHN0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB5JgzBVHN0

Christian Liberty
04-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Well, Ron Paul may know better than we do, since he's probably talked to Rand "Behind the scenes." He may also be trying to help his son with hardcore libertarians. But Rand's public statements demonstrate that he disagrees with his dad more than 1% of the time.

VoluntaryAmerican
04-26-2013, 01:15 PM
"We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Well, Ron Paul may know better than we do, since he's probably talked to Rand "Behind the scenes." He may also be trying to help his son with hardcore libertarians. But Rand's public statements demonstrate that he disagrees with his dad more than 1% of the time.

Yeah, and Ron downplays the importance of coming out outraged and SAYING something about it to give people a rallying point to stop government progression in a direction. Also, supposing you both believe X but one thinks it is ok to drop back to going only more slowly in the opposite direction as a negotiation tactic and the other doesn't -- it makes a difference.

Thanks for the tube, though.

supermario21
04-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Don't forget, legislators take hundreds if not thousands of votes....we all freak out over what, 1 or 2 of them? Rand Paul and Tim Scott vote together 90% of the time, it's no surprise Ron and Rand are there 99% of the time in agreement. He's 100% right about people trying to divide the movement. The independent thinking part I also felt is important. Ron wants us to grasp and spread the message of liberty to as many people as possible. He doesn't want groupthink, he wants a bunch of independently minded freedom lovers who may not agree 100% of the time, but do so enough to strengthen the message. I'm not talking about embracing the neocons, but we should not chew out each other over a slight difference here or there. The movement is about liberty, not Ron.

VoluntaryAmerican
04-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Well, Ron Paul may know better than we do, since he's probably talked to Rand "Behind the scenes."

Ya think?

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Ya think?

are you trying to shout people down? Ron has never, ever, valued his uniqueness enough.

Christian Liberty
04-26-2013, 01:41 PM
are you trying to shout people down? Ron has never, ever, valued his uniqueness enough.

Well, yeah, there's his humility too, which just makes me respect him more. The rest of us can say it though, Ron Paul truly IS special.

Constitutional Paulicy
04-26-2013, 01:57 PM
I LOVE RON!!!! :D

Michigan11
04-26-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm sick of this Rand isn't like Ron nonsense. I like almost everyone in this forum but I cannot comprehend how some here are always coming down on Rand. 2 different approaches, and we all knew at least most of us maybe that Ron was educating people very directly, and not everyone can or is ready for that type of education. I meet very few people in person that are open to such knowledge anymore, because most people have all of the information in front of them today. Back in 07' the stuff we were reading and aware of the public was not, but today it's all over the news and most know about the worst of the worst. Homeland security buying a billion rounds of hollow points and such. I think Ron in this video is basically saying to those that like Ron yet aren't sold on Rand yet, "Hey man! What's your problem pal?"

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm sick of this Rand isn't like Ron nonsense. I like almost everyone in this forum but I cannot comprehend how some here are always coming down on Rand. 2 different approaches, and we all knew at least most of us maybe that Ron was educating people very directly, and not everyone can or is ready for that type of education. I meet very few people in person that are open to such knowledge anymore, because most people have all of the information in front of them today. Back in 07' the stuff we were reading and aware of the public was not, but today it's all over the news and most know about the worst of the worst. Homeland security buying a billion rounds of hollow points and such. I think Ron in this video is basically saying to those that like Ron yet aren't sold on Rand yet, "Hey man! What's your problem pal?"

Why does everything Ron says have to turn into a fight or a thread in Ron's forum about Rand? This interview is mostly about Ron's endorsement of Sanford. What I'm sick of is people keeping coming into Ron's forums and trying to turn discussions about good Ron Paul interviews into something about Rand, and fights turning those into un-uplifting threads.

Some prefer Rand and aren't shy of telling us all why. Some prefer Ron. Particularly in his forum you will find the latter. So what?

Michigan11
04-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Why does everything Ron says have to turn into a fight or a thread in Ron's forum about Rand? This interview is mostly about Ron's endorsement of Sanford. What I'm sick of is people keeping coming into Ron's forums and trying to turn discussions about good Ron Paul interviews into something about Rand, and fights turning those into un-uplifting threads.

Some prefer Rand and aren't shy of telling us all why. Some prefer Ron. Particularly in his forum you will find the latter. So what?

Ok, sorry, was just stating what I see Ron doing in that vid. I love Ron man, I always saw this part of the forum as the main part but now it's just Ron's I get it. I know what you mean I was stating an opinon of the vid.

EBounding
04-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Even if he wasn't his son, why in the world wouldn't he support the most libertarian US Senator?

fisharmor
04-26-2013, 02:43 PM
And humans and chimpanzees share >98% of their DNA.

Don't think I'd get a lot of mileage out of that if I was hucking feces at my coworkers.

Brett85
04-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Ron and Rand might be 99% in agreement if you're talking about Rand's private positions rather than his public positions. Rand has had to water down some of his views in order to appeal to a larger number of people.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2013, 02:49 PM
And humans and chimpanzees share >98% of their DNA.

Don't think I'd get a lot of mileage out of that if I was hucking feces at my coworkers.

And that pretty much ends this discussion for me.

/thread

+rep

Michigan11
04-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Come on we should take any debate about this to Rand's Sub-forum not here, there's a similar thread there.

Michigan11
04-26-2013, 02:51 PM
And that pretty much ends this discussion for me.

/thread

+rep

AF, I bet if you and I were sitting down drinking beers and whatever else, we would be in agreement 99%, but how do you not see the big picture here. If Rand strays he will be like Kerry Bentivolio flat out and on his way out.

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Ron and Rand might be 99% in agreement if you're talking about Rand's private positions rather than his public positions. Rand has had to water down some of his views in order to appeal to a larger number of people.

Different group, definitely, maybe more tailored for a GOP primary, but apart from the 'each campaign builds on the support of the last one' impact Ron himself would have if he were running again on top of the organization he already has, it is yet to be shown if it will be a larger group. That seems to be the strategy being pursued though. Some will and some won't prefer that approach, on top of the '1%' difference.

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 02:52 PM
AF, I bet if you and I were sitting down drinking beers and whatever else, we would be in agreement 99%, but how do you not see the big picture here. If Rand strays he will be like Kerry Bentivolio flat out and on his way out.

Kerry is on his way out because he strayed from US.

Michigan11
04-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Kerry is on his way out because he strayed from US.

Exactly.

VoluntaryAmerican
04-26-2013, 02:57 PM

Nope.

NewRightLibertarian
04-26-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm sick of this Rand isn't like Ron nonsense. I like almost everyone in this forum but I cannot comprehend how some here are always coming down on Rand.

People should be coming down on Rand when he says something deplorable even if it is just empty rhetoric to appeal to scumbag Republicans.

Michigan11
04-26-2013, 03:14 PM
People should be coming down on Rand when he says something deplorable even if it is just empty rhetoric to appeal to scumbag Republicans.

I have given so much of my money and time to furthering our ideals of returning to the constitution, while I would prefer no government whatsoever. I give our guys some room to maneuver, as I did Kerry Bentivolio, til I saw a pattern of his votes. I could careless what he said, but when I saw those votes, I got pissed off like nobody could imagine. That prick isn't getting a dime or support, in fact I'm now spreading the word he's a traitor locally amongst my groups.

If Rand shows me a pattern of misdirection, he can expect the same treatement and reversal of support. I'm tired of giving money, but so far a few of our guys seem to be making strides, and if I give up on Rand, I'm done politically engaging the system. That being said, Rand is Ron's son, and hasn't lead me the wrong way, and I see what I believe he is trying to do and it gives me hope. I don't waiver on support for our guys, I never did on Ron, I won't on Rand or the others, untill I am absolutely sure they are doing something that I am not good with.

I'm basically at the last "box", the political box, after that there is only one other box and thats the ammo box.

Brett85
04-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Bentivolio hasn't been terrible, just not as good as we had hoped. He did co-sponsor the Hemp legislation and voted against CISPA.

PatriotOne
04-26-2013, 03:35 PM
That was one of the most unique and brutally honest endorsements I think have ever heard. I can see Sanford thinking "wtf Ron?"...lol.

kathy88
04-26-2013, 03:41 PM
That was one of the most unique and brutally honest endorsements I think have ever heard. I can see Sanford thinking "wtf Ron?"...lol.

I hate watching vids I'm way better with the written form of communication but your post intrigued me enough to watch.

cajuncocoa
04-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Yes. We wouldn't be true to our beliefs if we didn't.

cajuncocoa
04-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Bentivolio hasn't been terrible, just not as good as we had hoped. He did co-sponsor the Hemp legislation and voted against CISPA.

Let's just ignore the time he threw us under the bus, eh?http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/01/bentivolio-im-reagan-man-not-ron-paul.html?m=1

RonPaulFanInGA
04-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Let's just ignore the time he threw us under the bus, eh?

EPJ is Rand Paul's Eric Dondero.