PDA

View Full Version : U.S. gives big, secret push to Internet surveillance

Natural Citizen
04-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Justice Department agreed to issue "2511 letters" immunizing AT&T and other companies participating in a cybersecurity program from criminal prosecution under the Wiretap Act, according to new documents obtained by the Electronic Privacy Information Center.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57581161-38/u.s-gives-big-secret-push-to-internet-surveillance/

Origanalist
04-26-2013, 03:13 AM
I would get upset about this, but, I think they already monitor everything I do.

DamianTV
04-26-2013, 03:54 AM
It wont be long until all that data is used against everyone by the 0.01%.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-26-2013, 04:51 AM
It wont be long until all that data is used against everyone by the 0.01%.

At this point it doesn't even matter. If they really want to get rid of you they will just fabricate their own evidence.

better-dead-than-fed
04-26-2013, 09:53 PM
At this point it doesn't even matter. If they really want to get rid of you they will just fabricate their own evidence.

They will do that. The right to privacy is the least important one to me personally. They will find out what they can, regardless of the law, and if you assume they won't do that, you're setting yourself up. I'm more interested in the rights to publicity (transparency in government, e.g. public access to court proceedings and documents; freedom of speech and press).

Without publicity, all other checks are insufficient: in comparison of publicity, all other checks are of small account. … Appeal … would be found to operate rather as a cloak than a check; as a cloak in reality, as a check only in appearance. -- Richmond Newspapers, Inc. v. Virginia, 448 US 555, 569 - Supreme Court 1980

liberty2897
04-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I would get upset about this, but, I think they already monitor everything I do.

They record everything everyone does. Monitoring requires something extra, like posting messages encouraging freedom for example. You ARE being monitored.

DamianTV
04-27-2013, 04:13 AM
They record everything everyone does. Monitoring requires something extra, like posting messages encouraging freedom for example. You ARE being monitored.

In the Information Age, Data that is collected is the Pollution. This Pollution will eventually end up piling up on our front doors in ways of fines by Big Corporations and Big Brother.