PDA

View Full Version : Brokaw draws connection between Boston bombing and US use of drones

BlackTerrel
04-25-2013, 10:17 PM
If people start making this connection.....Cui bono?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2013/04/22/nbcs-brokaw-blames-us-drone-attacks-motivating-boston-bombers

On Sunday's NBC Meet the Press, special correspondent Tom Brokaw used a discussion on the Boston Marathon bombings to argue more broadly that the "roots" of anti-American terrorism across the Islamic world are U.S. drone attacks: "I think we also have to examine the use of drones that the United States is involved in and – and there are a lot of civilians who are innocently killed in a drone attack in Pakistan, in Afghanistan, and in Iraq." [Listen to the audio or watch the video after the jump]

Brokaw began by wondering: "We have to work a lot harder at a motivation here. What prompts a young man to come to this country and still feel alienated from it, to go back to Russia and do whatever he did? And I don't think we've examined that enough." Speaking of people in the Middle East, Brokaw warned: "There is this enormous rage against what they see in that part of the world as a presumptuousness of the United States."

bolil
04-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Holy shit! Brokaw, you twat, they hate us for our FREEDOMS...

Which are dwindling.

So in time (5-10 years?) they won't hate us anymore.

Origanalist
04-25-2013, 10:59 PM
So......the left is now stating the obvious? Strange times, will the right now admit it was wrong?

mczerone
04-25-2013, 11:03 PM
So......the left is now stating the obvious? Strange times, will the right now admit it was wrong?

I wouldn't call Brokaw (at least his public face) a part of "the left". He's more of a centrist statist.

Hopefully this "maybe we should stop poking the radicals with sticks" meme will start to spread among the non-Ron Paul people.

BlackTerrel
04-29-2013, 07:54 PM

Maybe the left false flagged this to get less drones.