PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Criticizes Boston Lockdown: 'We Had Martial Law Out There,' 'It's Criminal'

sailingaway
04-25-2013, 07:19 PM
this is just the key last minutes of the Cavuto interview, but I was interested that National Review Online uploaded it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lO4kDRh71c

tod evans
04-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Calling all bootlicker apologists?

What say you?

sailingaway
04-25-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm pissed that I'm seeing so little of this from people currently in congress.

RickyJ
04-25-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm pissed that I'm seeing so little of this from people currently in congress.

Including Ron Paul's own son.

NorfolkPCSolutions
04-25-2013, 10:47 PM
ZING

Brian4Liberty
04-25-2013, 11:09 PM

What say you?

Imminent threats require suspension of all rights! They're imminent!

Natural Citizen
04-25-2013, 11:28 PM

What say you?

Not me. I called it (martial Law) before it even happened. But yes. Was rather disapointed in some of the discussion when this was first happening that night. But in retrospect I think it serves to really understand who and what you're dealing with. One second you think folks are against this sort of thing and then all of a sudden they want the military policing the streets.

I'd still ike to know the outcome of the man who was forced to undress and then be paraded nude in front of world news. That's a problem because now people think it's acceptable.

Anti Federalist
04-25-2013, 11:28 PM
And that is why I am a RON Paul supporter.

That man is a national treasure.

donnay
04-25-2013, 11:34 PM
USA! USA! USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLg-iO1TBZA

I weep for the future of this country.

Natural Citizen
04-25-2013, 11:35 PM

For what it's worth I think you're the only one who has it right on the drone speak. At least that I've read. The discussion has just slipped right on by the main issue and now we see dolts arguing about cops and robbers and whatnot. This places the notion that it's assumed that it's ok for the things to remain permanantly stationary/present/patrolling the air.

I want to hear my representatives position on the science of it. That's how you'll get to the bottom of it and force the issue to be discussed properly. To continue to fall back on the old google/business model spew regarding these technologies and IP and the lot only clouds minds and enforces the idea of asking the wrong questions. They want to approach it from a domestic business perspective but are quick to disregard the business of war (Of course, now America is conveniently a warzone if you listen to the politicians who are heavily lobbied by the complex). It's boomin.

Anti Federalist
04-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Exactly!

And that is a notion I reject out of hand.

One that I imagine Ron rejects out of hand as well.

Thanks, and +rep

For what it's worth I think you're the only one who has it right on the drone speak. At least that I've read. The discussion has just slipped right on by the main issue and now we see dolts arguing about cops and robbers and whatnot. This places the notion that it's assumed that it's ok for the things to remain permanantly stationary/present/patrolling the air.
I want to hear my representatives position on the science of it. That's how you'll get to the bottom of it and force the issue to be discussed properly.

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 01:11 AM
Exactly!

And that is a notion I reject out of hand.

One that I imagine Ron rejects out of hand as well.

Thanks, and +rep

I'd say that is safe to assume.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2013, 01:15 AM

You always have to make this a fight between Ron and Rand, don't you? Damn. It's getting pretty old, AF.

Neither of them are pro-drone.

DamianTV
04-26-2013, 04:01 AM

What say you?

Somebody set up us the b... (nevermind, that meme is so dead)

kathy88
04-26-2013, 04:31 AM
You always have to make this a fight between Ron and Rand, don't you? Damn. It's getting pretty old, AF.

Ron is not pro-drone. Rand has not in any way shape or form made that abundantly clear from his rhetoric. The filibuster was great. He made it perfectly clear about the use against Americans on our soil. People's need for Rand to be Ron is what is fueling this argument. Calling anyone who questions anything Rand says a "Rand hater" is certainly not helping. NO ONE has stated they hate Rand. They have voiced disappointment in some of his rhetoric and actions. This isn't hate. And attacking them for not acting like he's exactly like Ron on every issue is just stupid. Remove the familial relationship for one minute, then ask yourselves, "would I be giving anyone else a pass on some of this stuff?" I think the honest answer is no.

green73
04-26-2013, 04:40 AM
USA! USA! USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLg-iO1TBZA

I weep for the future of this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FFVWEQnSM

kcchiefs6465
04-26-2013, 04:44 AM
Any chance the rest is tubed?

green73
04-26-2013, 04:45 AM
Any chance the rest is tubed?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?412285-Ron-Paul-on-Fox-Business-channel-at-8PM-4-23

Dogsoldier
04-26-2013, 06:19 AM
"That man is a national treasure."

LOL...When he passes we must dip him in gold...He must be gold plated....Tear down the statue of liberty and place him there instead...

Dogsoldier
04-26-2013, 06:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToO6_tjKbEM

jmdrake
04-26-2013, 06:26 AM

What say you?

I bet they won't even reply in this thread. At least not for a while. "It's not marshal law because the government said it wasn't." :rolleyes:

tod evans
04-26-2013, 06:37 AM
I bet they won't even reply in this thread. At least not for a while. "It's not marshal law because the government said it wasn't." :rolleyes:

I read in another thread something along the lines of "Ron Paul isn't even running now" leading the reader to think that the poster found the good Dr.'s opinions insignificant..

LibertyEagle
04-26-2013, 06:45 AM
Ron is not pro-drone. Rand has not in any way shape or form made that abundantly clear from his rhetoric. The filibuster was great. He made it perfectly clear about the use against Americans on our soil. People's need for Rand to be Ron is what is fueling this argument. Calling anyone who questions anything Rand says a "Rand hater" is certainly not helping. NO ONE has stated they hate Rand. They have voiced disappointment in some of his rhetoric and actions. This isn't hate. And attacking them for not acting like he's exactly like Ron on every issue is just stupid. Remove the familial relationship for one minute, then ask yourselves, "would I be giving anyone else a pass on some of this stuff?" I think the honest answer is no.

This thread was not about Rand. Not until someone chose to bring him up and try to compare him. That is the point, Kathy.

kathy88
04-26-2013, 06:49 AM
This thread was not about Rand. Not until someone chose to bring him up and try to compare him. That is the point, Kathy.

OMG you are the one that brought it up!

AF did NOT mention Rand. He said Ron was a National Treasure, which I happen to agree with. You don't even realize your'e doing it, do you? Or do you?

donnay
04-26-2013, 07:26 AM
This is why I support any endeavor Dr. Paul puts forth. He is a true dye-in-the-wool Constitutionalist and historian. When Dr. Paul speaks, you know exactly where he stands. Just as the Constitution needs no interpretations, neither does Dr. Paul.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2013, 11:10 AM

Where did I mention Rand?

Where did I say anything about drones, intially?

Why is this even turning into a Ron/Rand fight?

I stay out of Rand threads, mostly, and I'm still waiting for a response where you can point out my "shooting Rand in the back", in the drone thread.

Ron speaks the truth, regardless of the audience, "target market" or political fallout.

And that is as rare as a Hope sized diamond on heap of trash.

The Boston lockdown was criminal, and God bless one of the few people in media and politics with enough stones to say it.

There is a difference between the two men, period.

ClydeCoulter
04-26-2013, 11:36 AM

I agree. The Anti-Rand label is getting to be put on people in a fashion similar to how Anti-Semite is being foisted on people, although for different reasons. Wanting good policy is not the same as hating everything about someone. People usually hold their best to a better standard.

Randslide
04-26-2013, 12:18 PM

I think this was the post that sent this thread chasing its own tail.

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 12:59 PM
"That man is a national treasure."

LOL...When he passes we must dip him in gold...He must be gold plated....Tear down the statue of liberty and place him there instead...

I think he'd consider that creepy...

....or maybe I'm projecting?

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
I think this was the post that sent this thread chasing its own tail.

No one ever says they prefer Rand in Rand's forum? People have different preferences, it doesn't automatically make the other guy a bad guy.

I really wish I were seeing more outrage on this, because it needs to be stopped, not become precedent or justification for DHS spending, imho.

When Ron does something good and it isn't the kind of thing Rand is doing, people are allowed to prefer it, particularly in his own forum, just as much as people in Rand's forum who happen to think that way can say pushing particular ways of framing things is the reason they think Rand is better. There is no need to fight about a difference of opinion, imho.

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 03:01 PM
bump for video

Dr.3D
04-26-2013, 03:26 PM

Where did I say anything about drones, intially?

Why is this even turning into a Ron/Rand fight?

I stay out of Rand threads, mostly, and I'm still waiting for a response where you can point out my "shooting Rand in the back", in the drone thread.

Ron speaks the truth, regardless of the audience, "target market" or political fallout.

And that is as rare as a Hope sized diamond on heap of trash.

The Boston lockdown was criminal, and God bless one of the few people in media and politics with enough stones to say it.

Yeah, one is working toward being the next president of the United States and the other has nothing to lose when he says what he says.
If the one working toward being the next president says too many things that make him sound like somebody else who was working toward being president and was shot down for what people heard him say, then he won't be the next president either.

Brett85
04-26-2013, 03:31 PM

What say you?

Well, I think I was the only one who defended the police at all, although all I said was that they didn't do everything wrong. But, I suppose I should comment. I respect Ron's opinion, and this isn't surprising coming from him. This kind of comment demonstrates why so many people here love Ron so much, but it also demonstrates why he never had any real chance to become President.

tod evans
04-26-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm still waiting on all the apologists that were condoning soldiers marching on Bahston...?

RickyJ
04-26-2013, 03:32 PM

He didn't say a word about Rand there, I did though. :)

I was just stating a fact, not trying to attack the man. If you took it as an attack, then maybe you have a problem with the facts.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
OMG you are the one that brought it up!
AF did NOT mention Rand. He said Ron was a National Treasure, which I happen to agree with. You don't even realize your'e doing it, do you? Or do you?

Just what do you think his meaning was for bolding the word, RON, in Ron Paul.

Yeah, there was no meaning behind that. :rolleyes:

RickyJ
04-26-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm still waiting on all the apologists that were condoning soldiers marching on Bahston...?

They are in hiding right now. They are "sheltering in place" until they get the OK from their authorities that it is OK to come back.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2013, 03:38 PM
You didn't have to. You did it by inference.

And you admit you were doing it here.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2013, 03:41 PM
He didn't say a word about Rand there, I did though. :)

I was just stating a fact, not trying to attack the man. If you took it as an attack, then maybe you have a problem with the facts.

The thread wasn't about Rand. Some of you guys just get your rocks off by taking pot shots whenever you can at Rand and it is going to split this movement in two. Keep it up, if that is your goal.

Brett85
04-26-2013, 03:43 PM
They are in hiding right now. They are "sheltering in place" until they get the OK from their authorities that it is OK to come back.

I posted a comment. I can't remember anyone other than myself defending (some) of the things the police did in Boston.

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Yeah, one is working toward being the next president of the United States and the other has nothing to lose when he says what he says.
If the one working toward being the next president says too many things that make him sound like somebody else who was working toward being president and was shot down for what people heard him say, then he won't be the next president either.

Ron has always spoken the same way.

Their approaches are different. Obviously, there will be people who support each approach more than the other. Arguing about why you shouldn't prefer one over the other seems as useless as arguing whether people should like beer.

Petar
04-26-2013, 03:50 PM
It's times like this that we really need to remind ourselves that we are not each others enemies. Nor is Rand Paul the enemy. The enemy is the Queen of England, along with that damn creepy spider that's always floating there next to her face. Eyes on the prize people.

sailingaway
04-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Saying you prefer one isn't saying the other is the enemy. People can prefer one, and do, on both sides.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Wouldn't it be a novel idea if we focused on the martial law, instead of attacking either Ron OR Rand? Sheesh.

jmdrake
04-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Yes there's a difference between Ron and Rand. And there's a difference between original recipe and extra crispy. When asked the same question Rand qualified his answer by first talking about when it might be okay for the government to use lethal force (a point he made but was buried in the fillabuster) and Ron launched right into how terrible the police state is. Neither support the police state. Both seem to agree that there are times when lethal force by the government is justified. Some prefer the more direct approach. Others prefer the less direct approach. No need for people to get huffy over preferences.

Petar
04-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Well, my personal guess is that Rand is just as opposed to the marshal law that occurred as Ron is.

I just think that he is marketing himself for the stupid brainwashed masses, so that is why he is not leading with messages that upset the sheeple.

Call me naive, but I actually TRUST Rand Paul, as opposed to the usual pantheon of scumbags that occupy the American political scene.

Maybe y'all who are more critical of Rand just need to be like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhInj0ZHNC8

jmdrake
04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Well, my personal guess is that Rand is just as opposed to the marshal law that occurred as Ron is.

I just think that he is marketing himself for the stupid brainwashed masses, so that is why he is not leading with messages that upset the sheeple.

Call me naive, but I actually TRUST Rand Paul, as opposed to the usual pantheon of scumbags that occupy the American political scene.

Maybe y'all who are more critical of Rand just need to be like this guy:

LOL.

thoughtomator
04-26-2013, 04:47 PM

A good metaphor for many peoples' approach to dating

tod evans
04-26-2013, 04:57 PM
A good metaphor for many peoples' approach to dating

Guilty as charged...:o