PDA

View Full Version : Delegate slate in Ohio is full but we still need help!

PathIveMade
11-25-2007, 10:55 AM
We still need folks to circulate the petitions and gather signatures!! The process isn't done until that is complete. See the message below. If you can help out, PM me and I'll get you Maryanne's e-mail address

It's true, the delegate slate is now full. If you are up on the forums, please tell everyone that they need to submit their name, address, phone number and congressional district to me ASAP to circulate the petitions. We will need as many people as possible to circulate the petitions and get the signatures. The process isn't finished until we have all the necessary valid signatures on the petitions. Registered republicans and maybe independents (legality is currently being checked on the independents) being able to circulate the petitions. Registered democrats cannot circulate the petition nor can they sign the petition. Independents will be able to sign the petition.

A memo will be coming out in the next couple of days with all the details.

Thanks for your help
Maryanne

http://www.house.gov/chabot/images/NewCongDistrictMapLarge2.jpg

literatim
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
How about a list of district delegates that need to still be given their petition and a list that still need to hand in their filled petition?

I should remind people to get more signatures than is the required minimum.

PathIveMade
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM
This is from the folks handling delegates here in Ohio. Clearly some more information is forthcoming. Please be patient. I know Maryanne's mailbox is full, and they are working on re-routing to other contacts to help her out.

Good Evening Everyone!

The delegate slate is full and now we move to the petitions. If you were selected as a delegate, you will be getting an email confirming your selection. I do not have this information, it will be coming from the Ohio Coordinator.

I will tell you everything I know and what I am waiting for clarification on from the Ohio Coordinator.

The delegates from each congressional district will need 150 signatures. The alternate delegates from each congressional district will also need 150 signatures. ( Currently, I am waiting to hear if these have to be unique signatures for the different petitions. Meaning, if someone signs the delegate petition, can that same person sign the alternates petition, I know it sounds odd but the question will probably come up so we need the questions answered. I presume that if someone signs one petition, they will not be able to sign the other one.)

The at large delegates will need 3000 signatures across the entire state of Ohio. The at large alternates will need 3000 signatures across the state of Ohio.

The numbers are the maximum numbers of signatures to be gathered. This has been decided by the Ron Paul campaign.

A petition can only be used in one county. Signatures from more than one county CANNOT be on the same petition. The entire petition will get disqualified if this happens. A separate petition has to be used for each different county.

The following has been pulled exactly from the Secretary of State's website concerning the 2008 presidential election:

To be qualified to sign or circulate the petition, an elector must be affiliated with the Republican
Party, as defined by Ohio election law. For purposes of signing or circulating a petition for a
Republican candidate in 2007, an elector is considered affiliated with the Republican Party if the
elector either voted at primary elections only of the Republican Party in 2005, 2006 and 2007, or
did not vote in any other political party’s primary election in those years.

The yellow highlight may mean that independents can help. This absolutely excludes anyone who is listed as a democrat, but the independents may be able to help. This point is currently being examined by the Ohio Coordinator.

The Ohio Coordinator has all the lists from Ohio. He is getting the petitions finalized. All the petitions have to be signed by Ron Paul. Then and only then, do we get the petitions to get the signatures. The Ohio Coordinator will send out via US mail, the petition, the instructions and the lists of registered republican (and/or independent) voters in a circulator's area. The more people who circulate petitions, the faster we get this done.

The only thing I can tell you for sure right now is a registered Republican can do this.

A new email, from national, will be coming out in the next two days. I have asked that this not come out until we have all the information verified to cut down on the volume of questions people ask if all the information is not in the email.

We will have until December 29, 2007 to get all the petitions in. The Ohio Coordinator needs time to check them and make sure they all get filed properly. Check the following link: these are the rules for ballot access 2008.

http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/ElectionsVoter/OhioElections.aspx?Section=2628

We will be knocking on people's doors. We will be targetting the registered voters, that's why everyone will be working on signatures within their own area.

At this point, if you are a registered Republican, please send your name, address, phone number and congressional district to me to be forwarded to the Ohio Coordinator. Even if you can only get a handful of signatures, that will add to the total and the job becomes easier.

Thanks for all your time and effort, it really is paying off in a big way for the campaign!!

Maryanne

PathIveMade
11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
See also thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39688

I was directed to this discussion due to the sheer volume of information being exchanged.

The delegate slate is full and we will begin working on petitions next. Each delegate slate in each congressional district will need 150 signatures. Each alternate slate in each congressional district will need 150 signatures. Each at large delegate slate will need 3000 signatures statewide and each at large alternate slate will need 3000 signatures statewide. The fortunate part of all of this is the same person can sign each of those petitions. Each congressional district will be contributing 150 signatures toward the goal of 3000 for the at large delegates and the 3000 for the at large alternate delegates. 150 multiplied times 18 congressional districts is 2700, just 300 short of the total.

The one thing everyone will need to be careful of is the petition can only have signatures from one county. A separate petition will be needed for different counties. No problem.

An email will be coming out in the next 24 hours requesting petition ciruclators. The more people collecting signatures, the faster it will go. In CD 10, we can have the 150 within a few days. Many of us are involved in local GOP groups and we go to their monthly meetings.

As you already know, I am the Cleveland Organizer for Ron Paul meetup 178. Rest assured, the National Ballot Access Coordinator and the Ohio Coordinator are the ultimate professionals. My experience working with both of them is they are highly skilled and highly organized. When it appears communication is slow to you, there is a buzz going on in the background. When things are done right the first time, no one has to go back and re-do or fix anything.

We want to thank all those who volunteered to be delegates.(BTW, in the unlikely case a delegate won't be able to serve their position next September, someone else can be named to take their spot) We all look forward to working with all the petition circulators so we can finish this up in the next two weeks and get Ron Paul on the ballot.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me at

mapetranek2007@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Maryanne
Expect the Best
Expect Success