PDA

View Full Version : Teacher fired for urinating in classroom

green73
04-25-2013, 07:07 AM
School teachers get tenure?

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - A second-grade teacher has been fired for insubordination and inappropriate behavior, including urinating in his northern New Jersey classroom.

Ron Tuitt had taught in Paterson's schools since 1996.

State Education Commissioner Christopher Cerf approved removing Tuitt's tenure protection and firing him on April 18.

The state found the teacher once urinated in a classroom trash can, sometimes urinated in a plastic bottle and asked students to take his waste to the boys' bathroom and flush it, and let students sit in his motorized wheelchair.

Tuitt denied some of the charges and told the state that others were because he was ill and his principal removed some accommodations.

Cerf says any changes were not an excuse for his behavior.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/22074873/nj-teacher-fired-for-urinating-in-classroom

Origanalist
04-25-2013, 07:10 AM
I would rather they urinate in the classroom than indoctrinate the kiddies to become good little statists.

JK/SEA
04-25-2013, 07:13 AM
I would rather they urinate in the classroom than indoctrinate the kiddies to become good little statists.

who is 'they'?

VoluntaryAmerican
04-25-2013, 07:46 AM
So that's what it takes to get fired as a teacher in NJ. Good to know...

Antischism
04-25-2013, 07:59 AM
The worst part was that he made students carry his urine-filled bottles. That's just naaaaaaaasssssssty.

Keith and stuff
04-25-2013, 08:05 AM
When I was in school, teacher would often not let students go to the bathroom and many students urinated in the classroom. Though, none of the students ever got fired.

ninepointfive
04-25-2013, 08:21 AM
The worst part was that he made students carry his urine-filled bottles. That's just naaaaaaaasssssssty.

nice and warm. :toady:

JK/SEA
04-25-2013, 08:23 AM
My wife is a 4th grade teacher. She told me that she never denies a child from going to the restroom, but of course there are those kids that abuse the system. Go figure.

And my wife doesn't urinate in the classroom, use marxist language or show marxist films or advocate marxist ideals, in fact, she is a practicing libertarian and doesn't put people in groups, and uses individualism in her everyday life towards people. Its not easy, but like me, we sometimes fall into that collectivist mindset, but quickly recover. Ron Paul taught us that.

Oh, and my wife was an alternate State Delegate in 2008 and i was a Delegate, both of us supported Ron, and still do.

OK..all you teacher haters can take my wife off your shit list. Thankyou.

jbauer
04-25-2013, 08:29 AM

The dumb and dumber clip with the cop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io30s7-5VaQ

Cody1
04-25-2013, 08:38 AM
nice and warm. :toady:

Derp :toady:

Cody1
04-25-2013, 08:41 AM
My wife is a 4th grade teacher. She told me that she never denies a child from going to the restroom, but of course there are those kids that abuse the system. Go figure.

And my wife doesn't urinate in the classroom, use marxist language or show marxist films or advocate marxist ideals, in fact, she is a practicing libertarian and doesn't put people in groups, and uses individualism in her everyday life towards people. Its not easy, but like me, we sometimes fall into that collectivist mindset, but quickly recover. Ron Paul taught us that.

Oh, and my wife was an alternate State Delegate in 2008 and i was a Delegate, both of us supported Ron, and still do.

Just curious, who here singled out your wife? All I see is you interjecting her into the conversation in a manor that copies that thread you created to the "t".

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
When I was in school, teacher would often not let students go to the bathroom and many students urinated in the classroom. Though, none of the students ever got fired.
I'm pretty sure that's still today. School is all about control. I just went to the bathroom when I had to go. Of course I wasn't a complete dick about it. I'd ask first. If the teacher said no, I still left to go. THEN I was rewarded with 2 days off of school. I guess you could guess what I did the next time I was at school!

JK/SEA
04-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Just curious, who here singled out your wife? All I see is you interjecting her into the conversation in a manor that copies that thread you created to the "t".

A few posts alluded to a collectivist mindset lumping teachers as a group of like-minded drones out to get our kids into some form of zombie-ized brain washed society. I don't deny there may be some teachers who have a political agenda, but my opinion is this is the exception rather than the rule, and i take offense at having my wife being lumped into the paranoid thinking of teachers are somehow to blame for society's ills.

As to the dis-abled teacher and his urine problem?...yeah, fire him, as you would ANYBODY doing the same in any profession.

Now i suppose the home-schooling opinion will be interjected next.

VoluntaryAmerican
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM

Wow... the guy brings up a good point and anecdotal evidence from his wife's life and you need to challenge that? :confused:

Cody1
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
A few posts alluded to a collectivist mindset lumping teachers as a group of like-minded drones out to get our kids into some form of zombie-ized brain washed society. I don't deny there may be some teachers who have a political agenda, but my opinion is this is the exception rather than the rule, and i take offense at having my wife being lumped into the paranoid thinking of teachers are somehow to blame for society's ills.

From my perspective none of the posters in this thread were alluding to your wife. Try not to be so touchy about it, not all teachers are horrible as i'm sure your wife isn't either. I work with two teachers, one coming around to libertarianism and one a staunch liberal. They both have pretty thick skins and don't mind the heat of debate. Something tells me your wife is pretty thick skinned too.

I see no witch hunt here.

Cody1
04-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Wow... the guy brings up a good point and anecdotal evidence from his wife's life and you need to challenge that? :confused:

Stop jumping down my throat. It was an honest question. Christ.

FYI I don't have a problem with the public system, i'm a product of it and i'm doing quite well. It's mostly the fault of the parents and society as a whole for the problems with our kids today ie drug use, teen pregnancy, serious lack of critical thinking skills, desire to learn.

Keith and stuff
04-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Lots of funny stuff happening in this thread. Ron Paul Power!

ninepointfive
04-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Derp :toady:

Derpy is as Derpy does

JK/SEA
04-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Stop jumping down my throat. It was an honest question. Christ.

FYI I don't have a problem with the public system, i'm a product of it and i'm doing quite well. It's mostly the fault of the parents and society as a whole for the problems with our kids today ie drug use, teen pregnancy, serious lack of critical thinking skills, desire to learn.

thats cool. Look, someone decided to post a sensationalized story about a teacher doing a 'bad' thing. Why?...was there an agenda on the part of the OP?

I decided to interject and show the flip side. Ok?

Cody1
04-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Derpy is as Derpy does

Honestly, who in the hell would take this dudes bottle o' piss and flush it?! Just think about that haha

angelatc
04-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Where was he when he was letting kids sit in his wheelchair?

Cody1
04-25-2013, 09:27 AM
thats cool. Look, someone decided to post a sensationalized story about a teacher doing a 'bad' thing. Why?...was there an agenda on the part of the OP?

I decided to interject and show the flip side. Ok?

Sure, by all means. I took it as the entrenched mindset that develops when people start talking about tenure. Not necessarily character assassinating all teachers. Difference in opinion I guess.

JK/SEA
04-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Where was he when he was letting kids sit in his wheelchair?

Well as we all know, teachers when they get the chance of being out of their wheel chairs are most likely water boarding some kid or showing pictures of Obama on the wall and making everyone chant OBAMA OBAMA my master my master..ooooommm....

Keith and stuff
04-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Well as we all know, teachers when they get the chance of being out of their wheel chairs are most likely water boarding some kid or showing pictures of Obama on the wall and making everyone chant OBAMA OBAMA my master my master..ooooommm....

Sometimes. They also encourage middle school girls to kiss each other and little kids to write about how bad the Constitution is according to recent stories.

green73
04-25-2013, 09:36 AM
They all teach from gov't approved textbooks.

Boss
04-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Quite the entertaining thread. Thanks all.

Cody1
04-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Sometimes. They also encourage middle school girls to kiss each other and little kids to write about how bad the Constitution is according to recent stories.

We're gonna need to see some anecdotal evidence to your claims. This is RPF, we don't paint with broad strokes here.

Zarn Solen
04-25-2013, 10:11 AM
I am looking to be a teacher here in NJ. When I went to university for it, I have met other potential social science teachers. Of those I have asked, not one thought the US was a democracy. All knew (not thought) it was a republic. It is a small victory, but a victory in the field of education, nevertheless. Also, the liberal teachers who I have encountered school side were open to people with different political beliefs. However, when asked they confirmed with me that I should be careful until I had a job with tenure. They liked me as a person and did not want me to fail, so I knew they had my interest at heart.

When I read news about this type of stuff, I know it is isolated. Like all professions, you have people who worked hard and those who do not. The 'open-minded' trait generally overlaps with the 'good work ethic' and 'professional' traits. Some liberal teachers do want to teach multiple viewpoints, because they fear teaching only one viewpoint is preaching.

enjerth
04-25-2013, 10:23 AM

@ home school, I pee in the classroom all I want!

Thanks. :cool:

The Free Hornet
04-25-2013, 10:23 AM

If you're wife would rather we had a free market in education (not state run, not state financed), then great. She's off the list!

I don't expect you or her to go all 00000 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?406693-Confessions-of-an-active-duty-police-officer) on us and defend the systemic abuses that fund her profession.

Regardless, I'd have more contempt for a doctor at a private hospital who defends mandatory state licensing.

The Northbreather
04-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Bubs explains the phenomenon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0u6Lb6RCz4

JK/SEA
04-25-2013, 10:49 AM
If you're wife would rather we had a free market in education (not state run, not state financed), then great. She's off the list!

I don't expect you or her to go all 00000 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?406693-Confessions-of-an-active-duty-police-officer) on us and defend the systemic abuses that fund her profession.

Regardless, I'd have more contempt for a doctor at a private hospital who defends mandatory state licensing.

Here's the deal, especially in my own narrow view point and perhaps i'm being a narcissist to a small degree here. Over 10 years ago, it was my idea for my wife to get into teaching because she is very very intelligent and loves kids. So, she got her student loans....big bucks..still owe over 30 grand and off she went. Graduated Cum Lauda and got her teaching degree. We were both democrats and voted that way for years. Finally, we both got sick of both party's and their lying bullshit we stumbled on Ron Paul thanks to my son. Haven't looked back. Sorry if get defensive over her vocation, but i'm sure there are thousands out there like her.

Bottom line..i admit that now we seem to be going against our own self interests in being in the system and at the same time have an apparent view point that fly's in the face of current beliefs with regards to education. She is a good teacher and works hard at it. Also, this belief that teachers get summers off is laughable. My wife may get 3-4 weeks where she actually gets to unwind.

Origanalist
04-25-2013, 11:30 AM
who is 'they'?

The Reptilians, who else?

Danan
04-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Here's the deal, especially in my own narrow view point and perhaps i'm being a narcissist to a small degree here. Over 10 years ago, it was my idea for my wife to get into teaching because she is very very intelligent and loves kids. So, she got her student loans....big bucks..still owe over 30 grand and off she went. Graduated Cum Lauda and got her teaching degree. We were both democrats and voted that way for years. Finally, we both got sick of both party's and their lying bullshit we stumbled on Ron Paul thanks to my son. Haven't looked back. Sorry if get defensive over her vocation, but i'm sure there are thousands out there like her.

Bottom line..i admit that now we seem to be going against our own self interests in being in the system and at the same time have an apparent view point that fly's in the face of current beliefs with regards to education. She is a good teacher and works hard at it. Also, this belief that teachers get summers off is laughable. My wife may get 3-4 weeks where she actually gets to unwind.

There is no better position for arguing against the system than being a part of it. If you are vocally trying to dismantle the very system that benefits you personally that's in no way hypocritcal, but rather the exact opposite.

Origanalist
04-25-2013, 11:33 AM

That looks just like one of the forum members.....

angelatc
04-25-2013, 11:46 AM

Uh, I was thinking he was still in the wheelchair.

heavenlyboy34
04-25-2013, 11:52 AM

I don't think anyone will deny that there are some good teachers in the belly of the beast. John Taylor Gatto was one of them. Many teachers, as I understand, try to work around the system. The whole thing is just so full of fail that good teachers tend to wind up treated as badly as the poor teachers. :( Government schooling=fail.

Cody1
04-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Uh, I was thinking he was still in the wheelchair.

That's all possible in a chair I presume.

You're covered.

Christian Liberty
04-25-2013, 12:01 PM
I've actually never had any serious problems with my teachers the past two years. I guess I'm lucky. I notably remember one teacher not even requiring us to ask to use the restroom. That was in a class outside the regular high school though. In my high school we have to get passes to the restroom, but that's because of security and administrators, not so much because of the teachers. I've never had any problems with getting one when necessary.

Zarn Solen
04-26-2013, 12:25 PM
The pass thing is needed. Students do stupid things outside a classroom. A teacher needs a reason for why a present student is outside the classroom, if something happened. If the student took the pass, it becomes the reason in itself (lav, drink, whatever). It is then 100% on the student for being an idiot. Otherwise, the teacher shares blame.

dannno
04-26-2013, 12:30 PM

:eek: :D

Ender
04-26-2013, 12:45 PM
SO- BACK TO THE STORY....

IS THE TEACHER HANDICAPPED?

Were his facilities removed/taken away etc? He claims that not all the accusations are true.