PDA

View Full Version : Congress Prepares $100 Million Bipartisan Flu Tax

green73
04-25-2013, 06:50 AM
Congress is preparing to take action on a bipartisan proposal to raise taxes on flu vaccines. This is not a tax on the wealthy, but rather on a broad swath of Americans, or at least those who choose to be immunized against the flu.

In February, identical bills were introduced in the House and Senate to add seasonal flu vaccines to the IRS code as taxable. The legislation would exact a 75¢ per dose tax on any "vaccine against seasonal influenza." Given that the Centers for Disease Control projects that 135 million doses of flu vaccine will be used this year, the government's take on flu vaccines alone is over $100,000,000 per year.

Along with taxes on other vaccines, this tax would fund the Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund. The fund is a "no-fault alternative to the traditional tort system for resolving vaccine injury claims that provides compensation to people found to be injured by certain vaccines." However, the fund is by no means in the same kind of trouble that other government "trust funds" are.

The balance in the fund (as of November 2012) was more than $3.5 billion. Since the program's inception in 1988, the fund has paid out only $2.5 billion in 25 years for cases involving all vaccines, not just the flu vaccine. This means the balance in the fund could conceivably last another 25 years with no further tax revenue.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/congress-prepares-100-million-bipartisan-flu-tax_719108.html

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Injured by vaccines? But they're 100% safe and good for you, aren't they?

green73
04-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Why is Congress in the business of taxing to cover liabilities? Oh yeah, I forgot. They're fascist.

ghengis86
04-25-2013, 07:08 AM
Good thing I avoid flu shots and subsequently, the flu

green73
04-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Good thing I avoid flu shots and subsequently, the flu

I had the stomach flu when I was young, but I've never had the flu flu. No jabs either.

ClydeCoulter
04-25-2013, 07:29 AM
I heard, "You just can't make this stuff up", but they do anyway...

Mani
04-25-2013, 07:47 AM
How far away are we from the shit tax? Any shit over 3 inches in length 1 inch thick has a risk of clogging government sewer systems and takes more work to be processed. All shits of this size the government will bill you at the end of the month for excessive shitting. There will be a tamper proof camera installed on your toilet which will measure your shit content....it also prevents assholes from dumping garbage in the toilet.

Now the government can watch you shit and tax you for it....GENIUS! Washington should call me in, I got plenty of sick and twisted ideas they would love to hear.

ItsTime
04-25-2013, 07:50 AM
This is what drug dealers do. They give away their product for free so you can have a taste... then WHAM! charge for the next hit.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-25-2013, 09:01 AM
How far away are we from the shit tax? Any shit over 3 inches in length 1 inch thick has a risk of clogging government sewer systems and takes more work to be processed. All shits of this size the government will bill you at the end of the month for excessive shitting. There will be a tamper proof camera installed on your toilet which will measure your shit content....it also prevents assholes from dumping garbage in the toilet.

Now the government can watch you shit and tax you for it....GENIUS! Washington should call me in, I got plenty of sick and twisted ideas they would love to hear.

A tax for shitting during "high sewage load" times. This would be the 30 minutes after every meal. A 5 cent charge per flush.

Keith and stuff
04-25-2013, 09:04 AM
This reminds me of a song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqK97av7I3s

green73
04-25-2013, 09:40 AM
This reminds me of a song.

Good song.

Dr.3D
04-25-2013, 09:43 AM

Would diarrhea be free of tax?

amy31416
04-25-2013, 09:44 AM
In the medical profession you're often required to get one and the hospital picks up the cost, generally.

This is how the price of medical care keeps on creeping up. Yay!

pcosmar
04-25-2013, 09:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ahJPxfGp4