PDA

View Full Version : canadian candidate fired for agreeing with ron paul

dbill27
04-25-2013, 12:20 AM
So I'm in canada and it blows but i saw an article on canadian yahoo that mentioned ron, we should draft this guy for office in america.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/b-c-conservatives-fire-candidate-over-twitter-remarks-223129737.html

sailingaway
04-25-2013, 12:26 AM
this guy sounds like a loose canon. The Ron Paul part was the best part and even then it seems sensationalist the way he did it. But for a candidate to tweet:

And last October, Tootill asked: "Who’s really to blame? Hitler or the people who acted on his words?"

In 2011, he replied to another Twitter user: " ... We men love sluts ..."

Mind you it is now three months after the last of the tweets, but maybe this is just when turn over for these positions occurs.

Did you know anything else about this guy? I don't get the feeling from this article that he is necessarily ideologically pure...

AngryCanadian
04-25-2013, 12:45 AM
So I'm in canada and it blows but i saw an article on canadian yahoo that mentioned ron, we should draft this guy for office in america.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/b-c-conservatives-fire-candidate-over-twitter-remarks-223129737.html

Apparently he was also fired for this comment.

In 2011, he replied to another Twitter user: " ... We men love sl** ..."

I can see why he was fired. Even on twitter users do not like these kind of tweets.

bolil
04-25-2013, 12:55 AM
What? People don't like the truth?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Wait, that has been made ABUNDANTLY clear.

Give us a lie. Make it sound good. Make it poetry. Make it support our sentiments. Do this, and we will love you.

Give us the truth. Tell it how it is. Dispel our dear illusions. Give us the truth, and we will hate you.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-25-2013, 04:17 AM
What? People don't like the truth?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Wait, that has been made ABUNDANTLY clear.

Give us a lie. Make it sound good. Make it poetry. Make it support our sentiments. Do this, and we will love you.

Give us the truth. Tell it how it is. Dispel our dear illusions. Give us the truth, and we will hate you.

Yeah pretty much. People hate to hear the truth.