PDA

View Full Version : The Good Guys Are NOT Coming To Save Us

Anti Federalist
04-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Via lewrockwell.com

The Good Guys Are NOT Coming To Save Us

FREEMANSPERSPECTIVE · Apr 23rd, 2013

http://www.freemansperspective.com/good-guys-not-coming-to-save-us/

A lot of Americans know that the US government is out of control. Anyone who has cared enough to study the US Constitution even a little knows this. Still, very few of these people are taking any significant action, and largely because of one error: They are waiting for “the good guys” to show up and fix things.

Some think that certain groups of politicians will pull it together and fix things, or that one magnificent politician will ride in to fix things. Others think that certain members of the military will step in and slap the politicians back into line. And, I’m sure there are other variations.

There are several problems with this. I’ll start with the small issues:

1.It doesn’t happen. A lot of good people have latched on to one grand possibility after another, waiting for a good guy to save the day, and it just doesn’t happen. Thousands of hours of reading, writing and waiting are burned with each new “great light” who comes along with a promise to run the system in the “right” way, and give us liberty and truth. (Or whatever.) Lots of decent folks grab on to one pleasant dream after another, only to end up right back where they started… but poorer in time, energy and finances.

2.Hope is a scam. It’s a dream of someday, somehow, getting something for nothing. People who hope do not act – they wait for other people to act. Hope is a tool to neuter a natural opposition: they sit and hope, and never act against you. Even the biblical meaning of hope is something more like expectation (or sometimes waiting) than the modern use of hope.

3.Petitioning an abuser for compassion. The “good guys” are considered to be a few people inside the abusive government. But if the good guys were really good, wouldn’t they have dissociated themselves with an abuser some time ago? By pleading for the good guys to rise up, people are asking one sub-group of the abusers to save them from the rest of the abusers. However, they all work for the same operation; they all get paid out of the same offices; according to the same rulebook. And if the good guys are so willing to turn against their employers, why would they have waited until now?

4.Movies. We all grew up in the company of movie heroes who rode in at the last minute to save the noble victims. From John Wayne to Star Trek to Bruce Willis, the story line differs little. These are pleasant stories, of course, but cinema is not reality, and hoping for it to become reality is something that we should get over prior to adulthood.

But, as I say, those are the smaller issues. Let’s move on to the serious ones.

The Magic System

A lot of Americans believe that the American “Founders” created a system that automatically fixes itself. They talk about the “balance of powers,” and think that it will always save them from a tyrant. The balanced powers of the US Constitution, however, were trashed within fifteen years and doubly-trashed just a century ago.

In the Constitution, the states balanced the power of the national government (the one now in Washington, DC.) Not only did the states control half of the legislature, but they decided if and how they would implement the edicts of the national government. And that included deciding whether a law was constitutional or not.

This changed in 1803 with the Marbury v. Madison ruling. This ruling – taught as a work of genius in American schools – was a fraud against the US Constitution. In it, the Supreme Court held that they understood the Constitution better than James Madison, the man who wrote it!

But worse than even this, they held – with absolutely no basis – that it was they who would decide what was constitutional or not. The states were tossed aside. Even the sitting President of the United States, Thomas Jefferson, called it “a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.”

Marbury’s Judicial review (the Supremes ruling on constitutionality) merely involves one branch of the national government providing a check on the other branches of the national government. After Marbury, no one could check the national government.

Washington DC was unleashed with Marbury v. Madison. What made it almighty was the 17th Amendment of 1913, which took the powers of the states and transferred them to Washington, by mandating the popular election of senators.

With senators being elected directly by the populace, the states were cut-out of the equation. In their place, political parties gained massive power, and nearly all power was consolidated in the city of Washington.

And so it is today. Washington is an unfettered beast. The system will NOT fix itself; the mechanisms to do that were lost a long time ago.

The Easy Way Out

Standing up against a beast like Washington DC is scary, to be sure. Understandably, not many people want to do such a thing. But if the beast is abusing you, what other choice do you have? You can certainly avoid or evade the beast, but we all know that the beast hurts people it catches avoiding it, so the risk of doing this isn’t zero either.

So, what’s a person to do? They hate their abuse, but outright disobedience would be scary. Unfortunately, many people have come up with a third option: Get someone else to do it for you.

Lots of writers have done this, for example: Write flamboyantly about the abuses people face and stir them to “rise up against the power.” Fairly seldom does the writer take big risks himself – he just stirs up others to do the scary stuff.

(Guilty, as charged - AF)

Something very similar happens to basically moral people who don’t want to risk pain and suffering: they imagine good guys riding in to save them.

But, as I say, these are genuinely decent people, and they are willing to take smaller risks to help the good guys: They will spend time and money promoting them, and they will even accept name-calling in many cases. They just don’t want to become full-blown rebels and outcasts.

The result of this is predictable: abuse by the political class. If the politicians show them a viable possibility every election cycle, they’ll keep voting their way forever… and the hero never really has to show up.

The Sad Truth

Let’s just say it:

No one is going to ride in and save you.

If you want things to get better, then YOU will have to make them better. YOU will have to stand up and take the arrows, yourself. Liberty, at this stage of human development, requires risk and pain.

I trust that you will remember the end of Jesus’ famous Sermon on the Mount: That it is not those who call upon his name who will be saved, but only those who DO the things he said.

Likewise in this situation, our only hope of salvation lies in DOING.

phill4paul
04-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Lots of writers have done this, for example: Write flamboyantly about the abuses people face and stir them to “rise up against the power.” Fairly seldom does the writer take big risks himself – he just stirs up others to do the scary stuff.

(Guilty, as charged - AF)

Do not feel so ineffectual.

It took the many anamorphic government interventions for me to decide....

My life is driven by CFC. My safety first. Thank you.

Anti Federalist
04-24-2013, 11:32 PM
My life is driven by CFC. My safety first. Thank you.

Ultimately, this...

heavenlyboy34
04-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Nice OP. :D It's the unpleasant truth a lot of people don't want to admit.

Sola_Fide
04-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Great article, very convicting.

On an unrelated note, the last paragraph is a common misinterpretation of what Jesus said. The common misinterpretation of Matthew 7:21-23 is that Jesus is saying that something else must be added to faith in order to be saved. But notice the bolded part:

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

The people who Jesus says He never knew, HAD works. They had "many mighty works". They performed miracles in Jesus name. The reason they are not saved is because at the last day they plead THEIR works before the Father. They will say what THEY have done, and claim their worthiness by what they have done.

All the people who plead THEIR works before the Father on the last day will not be saved. On the other hand, all the people who lean on faith in what Jesus has done for them will be saved.

Salvation is by simple faith in what Christ has done, that's it. The Bible says that the one who does no works, but only believes, his faith is credited as righteousness before God. There is no amount of works that can be done to enter heaven.

The Free Hornet
04-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Salvation is by simple faith in what Christ has done, that's it. The Bible says that the one who does no works, but only believes, his faith is credited as righteousness before God. There is no amount of works that can be done to enter heaven.

Does this mean you won't be bothering to link to my alleged post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?412263-Judge-Throws-Out-15-Charges-Against-Gosnell&p=4994556&viewfull=1#post4994556) justifying the insinuation that I'm OK with a butcher butchering babies?

heavenlyboy34
04-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Great article, very convicting.

On an unrelated note, the last paragraph is a common misinterpretation of what Jesus said. The common misinterpretation of Matthew 7:21-23 is that Jesus is saying that something else must be added to faith in order to be saved. But notice the bolded part:

The people who Jesus says He never knew, HAD works. They had "many mighty works". They performed miracles in Jesus name. The reason they are not saved is because at the last day they plead THEIR works before the Father. They will say what THEY have done, and claim their worthiness by what they have done.

All the people who plead THEIR works before the Father on the last day will not be saved. On the other hand, all the people who lean on faith in what Jesus has done for them will be saved.

You're a Calvinist, aren't you? I seem to recall you arguing for predestination (rendering efforts to be righteous futile). If I'm mistaking you for someone else, I apologize.

ClydeCoulter
04-25-2013, 12:30 AM
Sola_Fide, it's because they did "stuff" (their stuff) in his name, instead of doing the "will" of his father. Even he said that there is a day that you will call on the father in my name and he will not answer you in my name, for he loves you himself.
But, I'm not a Christian, so I'll stop there.

bolil
04-25-2013, 12:34 AM
good guys... lol. Such a strange breed exists? There are people that do 'good', and they do it for their own gratification. Does this profane their actions? I think not, but good guy is just some bullshit. The person I trust least in the room is the one that pretends to act outside of his/her self interest. If you do good things, don't call yourself a good guy or person. Your just a person lucky enough to derive pleasure from doing what strikes you as, though is not necessarily, good. Basically, fuck a good guy.

TheTexan
04-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Roger Pion

What other patriots out there have taken one for the team already?

paulbot24
04-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Guilty as charged as well. It seems like we are all sitting around waiting for somebody to do something. How many times have you caught yourself saying, "Wait a minute. Can they do that? What about _______________!!!" I catch myself doing this with 2016. I have sort of accepted that fact that everything is #%$^ed until Rand in 2016. Trouble is, how often has this happened throughout history? "If they raise the price of tea and tariffs, then I will be forced to do something!!!!" Meanwhile.......nothing happens as usual.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-25-2013, 04:02 AM
the good guys aren't coming to save us because we are the country that are supposed to be the good guys in the world. It's up to us to save ourselves. But I can't blame anyone for not wanting to step up and lead. The next morning they get into a "car accident" because their "breaks failed" or a home intruder shoots them in the head, and leaves without stealing anything.

tod evans
04-25-2013, 05:11 AM

Well damn it!

Ya' mean I'm going to have to stand up and do what's right?

Doesn't morality and enforcement of morality come from the government? :rolleyes:

ClydeCoulter
04-25-2013, 05:59 AM
Well damn it!

Ya' mean I'm going to have to stand up and do what's right?

Doesn't morality and enforcement of morality come from the government? :rolleyes:

Yea....I was waiting for you :D

osan
04-25-2013, 06:06 AM

What shocks me about this article is the fact that it has not been published until things have come to the current pass.

Many of us, myself included, have been putting this message out for years. Many years in some cases. I can only wonder why now from this source.

A lot of Americans know that the US government is out of control.

And at least as many do not. They see this descent into the maelstrom of centrally administered slavery as the ascent to utopian liberation. Sure, but liberation from what? From freedom, as I see it, and all that freedom requires of men including independent thought, responsibility, accountability, courage, the willingness to assume risk, and the will to respect one's fellows by minding his own damned business.

Anyone who has cared enough to study the US Constitution even a little knows this.

And here we go with the Constitution again. Pardon me for sounding un-American, but screw the Constitution. Freedom is what should be emphasized. On its best day the Constitution is naught but a conceptual framework for a free society, and a poorly written one at that. It was written under the assumption that "the people" (a statistical term referring to the mean individual) were smart enough and had sufficient personal integrity to understand it properly and enforce the principles enshrined therein properly and honestly. There is nary a crack between two floor boards where one can turn such that he cannot see just how well that has worked out.

We are become a nation of bona fide idiots, corrupt to the marrow with our expectations of striking it rich upon the backs of the rest, thinking this can be done at no cost to onself. Au contraire, my endlessly stoopid and rotten American neighbors. No free lunches. Energy is conserved in all transactions.

Why was the dotcom bubble possible? Corruption of moral spirit, thinking one will make something for essentially no personal cost. A great example of this was the case where investors ponied up $32 million to a kid in his 20s for a startup ca. 1991/2, thinking they were going to strike it rich. That kid held a launch party, hiring The Who to play aboard a huge yacht he'd either purchased or rented for the occasion. About a year later the money was gone, the kid facing prison time, and the investors SOL. And it only got worse from that point onward.

Still, very few of these people are taking any significant action, and largely because of one error: They are waiting for “the good guys” to show up and fix things.

I agree with this, but only to a point. I defy the system daily in many small ways. It matters not really a whit to Them... at least not yet, given I have not been visited by a tactical team up to the point of this writing. I write and I defy. I carried firearms illegally all the time I lived in NYC as an adult, the same in NJ. I had refused to waive my rights, but I did it covertly because I'd still be in prison had I not. The question of what shall one do on a daily basis is not easily answered.

1.It doesn’t happen. A lot of good people have latched on to one grand possibility after another, waiting for a good guy to save the day, and it just doesn’t happen. Thousands of hours of reading, writing and waiting are burned with each new “great light” who comes along with a promise to run the system in the “right” way, and give us liberty and truth. (Or whatever.) Lots of decent folks grab on to one pleasant dream after another, only to end up right back where they started… but poorer in time, energy and finances.

Very true. I would include poorer in circumstance, freedom, and prospects for a better future. But what shall we do, start shooting at passing police vehicles? The Elite have succeeded in dividing us so perfectly that they are now able to move as they see fit with almost no need to consider what we think because regardless of our opinions we are so fragmented against the highly integrated mob called "government" that we become effectively powerless against it. Shall a lone amoeba be expected to defeat an M1 tank?

2.Hope is a scam. It’s a dream of someday, somehow, getting something for nothing. People who hope do not act – they wait for other people to act. Hope is a tool to neuter a natural opposition: they sit and hope, and never act against you. Even the biblical meaning of hope is something more like expectation (or sometimes waiting) than the modern use of hope.

Not quite properly expressed. Hope as conceptually employed in this context is but an element of a far larger rubric that includes but is not limited to:

Division of the individual from his fellows at every level,
separation of the individual from any sense of the sacred, save his own narrow and artificially defined interests,
institutionalized ignorance (schooling),
steering the cultural mind into a single homogenized standardized worldview,
an eagerly compliant media providing the perceptual hammer,
advances in technology that provide the "shiny things" that please the minds so effectively trained to smallness such that they no longer care what the rest do so long as they are satisfied and are provided by someone for all they feel themselves to be entitled.

3.Petitioning an abuser for compassion.

Part of the psychosis of entitlement slavery and the addiction to convenience. When one is no longer his own man, this is precisely to sort of outcome one may expect and nothing better.

4.Movies. We all grew up in the company of movie heroes who rode in at the last minute to save the noble victims. From John Wayne to Star Trek to Bruce Willis, the story line differs little. These are pleasant stories, of course, but cinema is not reality, and hoping for it to become reality is something that we should get over prior to adulthood.

This is no minor issue as the author claims.

The Magic System

A lot of Americans believe that the American “Founders” created a system that automatically fixes itself.

This, the product of every pernicious influence upon the worst potentials of the human animal.

The Easy Way Out

Product of our training to false convenience, lassitude, and cowardice.

Badly stated because this ignores the value of such writing: to make make aware those in ignornace. Awareness is necessary to understanding, which in turn is necessary for action. If the ONLY reason one writes is to inflame and incite others to do the dirty work you yourself are unwilling to do, that is a different story. Not all writers are like that, as noted, but the author should point out the other side of that coin.

But, as I say, these are genuinely decent people, and they are willing to take smaller risks to help the good guys: They will spend time and money promoting them, and they will even accept name-calling in many cases. They just don’t want to become full-blown rebels and outcasts.

This is cowardice. There is no other way to paint it. Freedom costs and either you pony up or you ride the backs of others. In the event of failure, you volunteered for your status as a slave and have nobody to blame but the person in the mirror.

The result of this is predictable: abuse by the political class. If the politicians show them a viable possibility every election cycle, they’ll keep voting their way forever… and the hero never really has to show up.

Like hope, stoopidity springs eternal. P. T. Barnum spoke a perennial truth about "[one] born every minute"

The Sad Truth

Let’s just say it:

No one is going to ride in and save you.

If you want things to get better, then YOU will have to make them better. YOU will have to stand up and take the arrows, yourself. Liberty, at this stage of human development, requires risk and pain.

I trust that you will remember the end of Jesus’ famous Sermon on the Mount: That it is not those who call upon his name who will be saved, but only those who DO the things he said.

Likewise in this situation, our only hope of salvation lies in DOING.

Which is why we are likely doomed.

Press on, regardless.

ClydeCoulter
04-25-2013, 06:34 AM

Osan, I was looking for "his" example within "his" writing as to what he is doing, as well. I've seen several articles over the years similar to this. But, it still remains for the individual to come up with their own solution to their own freedom, as it always has been. We cannot control others, unless we want to pedal influence like "they" do.

Sola_Fide
04-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Sola_Fide, it's because they did "stuff" (their stuff) in his name, instead of doing the "will" of his father. Even he said that there is a day that you will call on the father in my name and he will not answer you in my name, for he loves you himself.
But, I'm not a Christian, so I'll stop there.

What is the will or work of God. Jesus answered it:

John 6:28-29

Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

The will or work of God is to believe in the One he has sent.

Sola_Fide
04-28-2013, 03:54 PM
You're a Calvinist, aren't you? I seem to recall you arguing for predestination (rendering efforts to be righteous futile). If I'm mistaking you for someone else, I apologize.

I really don't like the word "Calvinist" because it implies that I believe everything that Calvin taught, and I think Calvin was at odds with Scripture on many things. I also disagree with Calvin's statism. So, no...I'm not a Calvinist. I'm a biblical Christian.

Predestination doesn't render efforts futile. Our sin and God's holiness renders efforts futile. There is nothing a sinful man can do to attain the holiness needed to stand in God's presence. That kind of holiness has only been attained by Jesus, and all the people who will be saved will lean in faith on the work that Jesus did for them.

Czolgosz
04-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Separate from the rest, start anew, and I'm willing to defend that cause w/ blood.

Christian Liberty
04-28-2013, 04:30 PM
What are we supposed to do then, OP?

If a revolution ever actually started and had a chance, even a fool's chance, I'd join it, but revolting by yourself is like suicide.

RickyJ
04-28-2013, 06:10 PM
the good guys aren't coming to save us because we are the country that are supposed to be the good guys in the world. It's up to us to save ourselves. But I can't blame anyone for not wanting to step up and lead. The next morning they get into a "car accident" because their "breaks failed" or a home intruder shoots them in the head, and leaves without stealing anything.

The good guys from another country would not mess with us since most would see us as the bad guys anyway. Resistance is coming however, there is only so far that people can be pushed before they fight back. That is the reason for the FEMA camps all around the nation and the ordering of all those rounds of ammunition, they fully expect resistance at some point. When people have nothing left to lose, they are free from anything that was restraining them before from taking action. How effective the resistance will be is yet to be seen, but there will be some resistance.

Joeschmo
04-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Join up with groups like the Oath Keepers. Its a start at organizing something to combat tyranny.

Carson
04-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Anti Federalist,

The good guys are all around and have been stepping forward. The news is full of echo's of what Ron Paul has been sharing with us.

Perhaps you should have opened with a da da da da daa.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/tumblr_lkqu0zLpFv1qz87coo1_400.jpg

P.S. It sort of reminds me of the 60's. They tried drowning out reason. They ridiculed it. The ground swelling grew and the people once again had a voice.

WhistlinDave
04-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Roger Pion

What other patriots out there have taken one for the team already?

This guy.

http://www.bradleymanning.org/

Carson
04-28-2013, 08:37 PM
I was just listening to a speech by Patrick Henry where he mentioned, "Hope" and flashed back to this thread of Anti Federalist.

Here:

There:

Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts.

There is a lot more to his speech here. Not only is a recording you can play you can read along;

http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/133/historic-american-documents/4956/patrick-henrys-speech-to-the-virginia-house-of-burgess-richmond-virginia-march-23-1775/

I went back to listen. His speech sounds like it was made for today!

Carehn
04-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Look... I love Ron Paul. Love they guy and supported him as best I could but this guy makes a good point. and this video belongs on this thread. I strongly recommend you watch all the parts even if it pisses you off. Number 4 is most important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McNo62gpw6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O90je0Vfr20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-fhCFkISM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eacoZopXYY

paulbot24
04-28-2013, 09:13 PM
This guy.

http://www.bradleymanning.org/

It can never be said that he did nothing. If ever you succumb to being dazzled about what a "big man" you are, think about what Bradley Manning did, and then ask yourself if you would have the courage to do the same. Likewise with Sibel Edmonds.

jclay2
04-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Look... I love Ron Paul. Love they guy and supported him as best I could but this guy makes a good point. and this video belongs on this thread. I strongly recommend you watch all the parts even if it pisses you off. Number 4 is most important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eacoZopXYY

Watching video 4 right now.

Edit: Wow, Stef is losing it in a hysterical laughter at 12:00

bolil
04-28-2013, 10:20 PM
I do so enjoy Stefan's thought.

jclay2
04-28-2013, 10:27 PM
I do so enjoy Stefan's thought.

I am kind of at a cross roads. How does one deal with the realization that we are going to fail and lose this fight?

heavenlyboy34
04-28-2013, 10:49 PM
I am kind of at a cross roads. How does one deal with the realization that we are going to fail and lose this fight?
I like to be optimistic as possible and look for opportunities when the regime collapses. It might be investments, making connections with like-minded folks, etc; it's all good. TPTB are seriously evil, but they're not gods and will fuck up once in a while. Might as well cash in on it. :D

bolil
04-28-2013, 10:51 PM
I like to be optimistic as possible and look for opportunities when the regime collapses. It might be investments, making connections with like-minded folks, etc; it's all good. TPTB are seriously evil, but they're not gods and will fuck up once in a while. Might as well cash in on it. :D

In the words of one 'evil' catholic: "Oft evil will doth evil mar."

Icymudpuppy
04-28-2013, 11:09 PM
This student of history figures that this country is going down. All the Cassandras and Ciceros and Ron Pauls be damned. The sheep won't listen, and the goliath will fall. The question is, will my family live through it? I have a plan with contingencies for all the many different ways things may go down based on my knowledge of current affairs and historical parallels.

pcosmar
04-28-2013, 11:16 PM
This student of history figures that this country is going down. All the Cassandras and Ciceros and Ron Pauls be damned. The sheep won't listen, and the goliath will fall. The question is, will my family live through it? I have a plan with contingencies for all the many different ways things may go down based on my knowledge of current affairs and historical parallels.

We are living in some interesting history.
I wonder sometimes if it will be written.

>/skip to the last pages of the Book,,,

bolil
04-29-2013, 12:56 AM
We are living in some interesting history.
I wonder sometimes if it will be written.

>/skip to the last pages of the Book,,,

Spoiler:
"and they lived happily ever after, the dne"