PDA

View Full Version : NEW INFORMATION ON THE 16th - Please read

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 10:32 AM
(Just an aside - Josh, I know this will probably be moved - my apologies - but I would like to get a few hits on this before it does - ;)

Received a call from a friend of mine this morning who was working the Concord NH office.

According to him, a person he talked to has rented Faneuil Hall in Boston on the 16th from 2 to 4pm for a rally of Ron Paul supporters.
http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/images/subpage_virtualtour/quincy.jpg
http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/images/main_pic.jpg

Details are still sketchy at this point, as to who would be there to speak and who could attend.

From there to the Tea Party re-enactment, is a short walk to Old South Meeting House.
http://www.oldsouthmeetinghouse.org/osmh_123456789files/bostonteaparty.aspx

More details are to be announced, but keep an eye on this, all of you in the New England area and make plans to attend if at all possible.

curtisag
11-25-2007, 10:36 AM
You have no idea how much I want to fly out there on the 16th and take part in this historic event. We are changing politics as we know it and it's amazing. My only concern is the hall may not be large enough for everyone. What's the maximum capacity approx.?

Ron LOL
11-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Just another reason to take whatever you were planning to donate on 12/16 and...oh, triple it? :D

AlexMerced
11-25-2007, 10:39 AM
I iwsh I could go, I'll be on a skybus plane to Hartford at the time :P

Ethek
11-25-2007, 10:47 AM
I iwsh I could go, I'll be on a skybus plane to Hartford at the time :P

As long as it has netaccss for all of the RP supporters to hit the donation site! That whole area is so cool.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 10:52 AM
curtis wrote:

My only concern is the hall may not be large enough for everyone. What's the maximum capacity approx.?

There are three halls, the Quincy Market hall being the largest and Faneuil being the oldest.

In 1742, Boston’s wealthiest merchant, Peter Faneuil, as a gift to the city, built Faneuil Hall. The edifice was home to merchants, fishermen, and meat and produce sellers, and provided a platform for the country's most famous orators. It is where colonists first protested the Sugar Act in 1764 and established the doctrine of "no taxation without representation." Firebrand Samuel Adams rallied the citizens of Boston to the cause of independence from Great Britain in the hallowed Hall, and George Washington toasted the nation there on its first birthday.

How many could it hold, I don't know, I'm looking it up right now, but who cares?

What better place, what better time, what better date could be associated with this campaign, I ask you?

Make the crowd big enough to spill out of the Hall, into the market square and beyond.:D:D:D

Mithridates
11-25-2007, 11:14 AM
curtis wrote:

There are three halls, the Quincy Market hall being the largest and Faneuil being the oldest.

In 1742, Boston’s wealthiest merchant, Peter Faneuil, as a gift to the city, built Faneuil Hall. The edifice was home to merchants, fishermen, and meat and produce sellers, and provided a platform for the country's most famous orators. It is where colonists first protested the Sugar Act in 1764 and established the doctrine of "no taxation without representation." Firebrand Samuel Adams rallied the citizens of Boston to the cause of independence from Great Britain in the hallowed Hall, and George Washington toasted the nation there on its first birthday.

How many could it hold, I don't know, I'm looking it up right now, but who cares?

What better place, what better time, what better date could be associated with this campaign, I ask you?

Make the crowd big enough to spill out of the Hall, into the market square and beyond.:D:D:D

Wikipedia tells me that there's a whole 4 km area called Freedom Trail, and that Faneuil Hall is part of that. Looks like a good place to have a fundraiser to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Trail

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Mith wrote:

Wikipedia tells me that there's a whole 4 km area called Freedom Trail

Yes there is, walked it few times.

It takes you through the sites of important Boston landmarks pertaining to the run up of the Revolution.

troyd1
11-25-2007, 11:17 AM
It would be great if we could get 100,000 in Boston for the tea party. How many people do you think we will have for the rally?

sluggo
11-25-2007, 11:17 AM
This is great news. That's the perfect site for a Ron Paul rally.

hillertexas
11-25-2007, 11:33 AM
bump for awesomeness

Fyretrohl
11-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Definetly need to look into if it has net access...Get a few devices up there, connection to the internet, and, if someone has it, someone needs to get a big screen somewhere promonent to watch the thermometer. Have that visibly evident for people inside and out to see, if possible. Oh yeah, and DEFINITELY, the people.

One thing you MUST do if you do this. Someone will need to pay for GOOD spam/spyware/etc type software to make sure people feel safe punching in their card numbers, etc. Have to be able to provide for some privacy in entering that information and a sure way to ensure the information does not stay stored on the device.

Brian Bailey
11-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Very cool.

ItsTime
11-25-2007, 11:44 AM
I could get about 40 people there. I hope this works and I hope Ron Paul will be there!

RPinSEAZ
11-25-2007, 11:47 AM
How about a tea party reenactment too, but we throw Rudy Giuliani in the water? :p

ItsTime
11-25-2007, 11:52 AM
I wouldnt want to kill the seals in the harbor. Boston would be cleaning up that toxic waste for longer than the big dig lasted. :mad:

How about a tea party reenactment too, but we throw Rudy Giuliani in the water? :p

LibertyEagle
11-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Who is going to do the reenactment? I'm assuming that nothing is going to be thrown in the harbor, right?

Janet0116
11-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh my god, I would love to be there!!

Kap
11-25-2007, 12:33 PM
What about throwing in portions of the Patriot Act?

I'm assuming you can't throw anything into the harbor, but if it happened to be eco-friendly then could they actually say anything against it?

Cyclone
11-25-2007, 12:51 PM

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Who is going to do the reenactment?

The reenactment is an "official" event carried out every year.

I believe there is an admission charge, that is waived if you show up in period costume.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Kap wrote:

What about throwing in portions of the Patriot Act?

Symbolic flash drives or floppy discs with .pdf files of the un - PATRIOT Act on them.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Get a few devices up there, connection to the internet, and, if someone has it, someone needs to get a big screen somewhere promonent to watch the thermometer. Have that visibly evident for people inside and out to see, if possible.

Being worked on.

Live blogging, real time donations, on scene donations etc.

Mark Rushmore
11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Details are still sketchy at this point, as to who would be there to speak and who could attend.

From there to the Tea Party re-enactment, is a short walk to Old South Meeting House.
http://www.oldsouthmeetinghouse.org/osmh_123456789files/bostonteaparty.aspx

More details are to be announced, but keep an eye on this, all of you in the New England area and make plans to attend if at all possible.

Just to consider, regardless of the details of speakers and such, if you can get an absolutely solid confirmation that at least the hall rental has occurred - that would be good information to get out ASAP. That way people can start scheduling trips, carpools, etc to Boston. Is the hall definite and the list of speakers the only thing in question?

DealzOnWheelz
11-25-2007, 01:50 PM
great excuse to make a trip to beantown

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Mark Rushmore wrote:

Just to consider, regardless of the details of speakers and such, if you can get an absolutely solid confirmation that at least the hall rental has occurred - that would be good information to get out ASAP. That way people can start scheduling trips, carpools, etc to Boston. Is the hall definite

As far as I know it is.

From what I was told details are to be released on the tea party site.

I hope I'm not jumping the gun on the people who told me this, I wasn't told to "keep it under my hat" and the news was too good to keep to myself.

PatriotOne
11-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh my!

I sure hope it was a person from the campaign who rented the hall (any word on if that is the case or not?) and RP is going to show up. If so, this needs to be legitimized quickly, the press alerted, and the RP supporter's informed so there is a fab turn-out!

bmcosti
11-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Don't you think that's a little overboard. Just think of the difficulties that people will have donating if they are traveling.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Patriot One wrote:

I sure hope it was a person from the campaign who rented the hall (any word on if that is the case or not?) and RP is going to show up.

Again, from what I've been told, the answers to both are no.

As far as I know it was a private supporter, and RP has prior commitments.

So I've been told. This is still in the preliminary stages, and I'm working on more information.

speciallyblend
11-25-2007, 02:03 PM
sweet

0zzy
11-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Guess that 15th rally will be on the 16th!

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 08:04 PM
RSVP for Boston Tea Party Fanueil Hall Planning Meeting

When:
Monday, November 26, 2007, 6:30 PM 20071126T233000Z
Where:
Bob French's place
210 South Street, Unit 5-1
Boston , MA 02110
Description:

Boston Tea Party
I have secured the Fanueil Hall venue for the December 16th Tea Party Rally. The hall seat s about 800 people.

We are guaranteed access from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, but will most likely be able to start earlier,I will have that confirmation by Monday.
I am calling for another meetup to finalize all plans and ideas for this event. Bob French has generously agreed to lend the use of his apt for this on Monday the 26th starting at 6:30 pm. 210 South St Apt 501.
Please attend this meetup if you are willing to take on a task for this event. Feel free to add to or comment on the following ideas.
I want to set the bar high for this event, but also want to keep all ideas realistic, so if you have one, please do the homework first and then present your ideas.
I will be away from my emails from Thursday until Saturday evening,
but please feel free to call me. 508-930-5530
We need to act on this plan ASAP as time is very tight

Speakers:
Joe has contacted HQ to see if Rand Paul could attend and/or if Ron would do a live video feed. (We need a tech guru to lead the set up for live video feed)
If anyone from the group would speak at this rally, please step forward.
Anyone know of other speakers that would attend please contact them.
Advertisement:
I have contacted the graphics guru that created the Boston Tea Party page to see if he would draft a similar graphic as an invitation for the event.
This could also be used as an ad in the Boston Globe and/or other circulations.
(Need a media coordinator to maximize the press coverageand generous donors to sponsor ads)
Radio: need ad and costs
Flyers: posting the event throughout Boston
Facebook ?
Media coverage:
Live web cast of event
Contact CNN, FOX, Globe, etc?.
Extras:
Balloon
Tea Bags ? Stephanie is ordering 1000.
M&M?s - red, white & blue with Ron Paul message on them.
Entertainment;
We are looking for famous artists, (1 is plenty), that could attend and play a few songs and speak in support of Ron. Approximately 15 ? 20 minutes (acoustical preferred)
I contacted John Mayer and hope he responds
All ideas are encouraged.
Reenactment: We could perform a symbolic dumping of tea into the harbor with participants stating what liberty infringement or TAX is being dumped.
Cost:
The Hall - $800.00 for 4hrs
Insurance and police - $150.00/ hr or $500.00 total
Big helium balloon ? roughly $500.00 ? $600.00 including helium ? need to make a sign to hang from it.
Advertising? Depends what we want to accomplish and can afford.
We could start a chipin, but realistically we need someone willing to fund this event without the hassle of trying to raise the needed cash in such a short time frame.
Thanks
Bob Dwyer
508-930-5530

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/68/calendar/6785213/

MozoVote
11-25-2007, 08:36 PM
800 seats is not much for a RP rally. They may need to do an auction, or a lottery, for admittance if RP does come.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2007, 08:40 PM
800 seats is not much for a RP rally. They may need to do an auction, or a lottery, for admittance if RP does come.

I hope it is SRO.

Let it spill out into the market square.

smartbandwidth
11-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Believe It!!

Do It!!

Done!!

Go!!

Make History!!

Liberty Star
11-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Awsome.

Anti Federalist
11-26-2007, 12:57 PM