PDA

View Full Version : TN -- Cops Raid Wrong House, Shoot and Kill 61 Year-Old Man

James Madison
04-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Drug War claims another victim. Two weeks paid vacation, and these murderers will be back on the Force.

Looks like the victim was black, so the NAACP all-of-a-sudden gives a shit.

A 61-year-old man was shot to death by

police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug

raid on the wrong house.

Police admitted their mistake, saying faulty information from a drug informant contributed to the death of John Adams Wednesday night. They intended to raid the home next door.

The two officers, 25-year-old Kyle Shedran and 24-year-old Greg Day, were placed on administrative leave with pay.

“They need to get rid of those men, boys with toys,” said Adams’ 70-year-old widow, Loraine.

John Adams was watching television when his wife heard pounding on the door. Police claim they identified themselves and wore police jackets. Loraine Adams said she had no indication the men were police.

“I thought it was a home invasion. I said ‘Baby, get your gun!,” she said, sitting amid friends and relatives gathered at her home to cook and prepare for Sunday’s funeral.

Resident Fired First

Police say her husband fired first with a sawed-off shotgun and they responded. He was shot at least three times and died later at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.

Loraine Adams said she was handcuffed and thrown to her knees in another room when the shooting began.

“I said, ‘Y’all have got the wrong person, you’ve got the wrong place. What are you looking for?“‘

“We did the best surveillance we could do, and a mistake was made,” Lebanon Police Chief Billy Weeks said. “It’s a very severe mistake, a costly mistake. It makes us look at our own policies and procedures to make sure this never occurs again.” He said, however, the two policemen were not at fault.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is investigating. NAACP officials said they are monitoring the case. Adams was black. The two policemen are white.

Family members did not consider race a factor and Weeks agreed, but said the shooting will be “a major setback” for police relations with the black community.

“We know that, we hope to do everything we can to heal it,” Weeks said.

Johnny Crudup, a local NAACP official, said the organization wanted to make sure and would investigate on its own.

Weeks said he has turned the search warrant and all other evidence over to the bureau of investigation and District Attorney General Tommy Thompson. A command officer must now review all search warrants.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&page=1&fb_source=message#.UXg83zek1yF

alucard13mmfmj
04-24-2013, 04:52 PM
This reminds me of some people here

kcchiefs6465
04-24-2013, 04:52 PM
You know what I first thought when I read this,...

Now here's a group of people I'd love to see have armed drones.

JK/SEA
04-24-2013, 04:54 PM
John Adams...

geezus...

Anti Federalist
04-24-2013, 04:54 PM
“We did the best surveillance we could do, and a mistake was made,” Lebanon Police Chief Billy Weeks said. “It’s a very severe mistake, a costly mistake. It makes us look at our own policies and procedures to make sure this never occurs again.” He said, however, the two policemen were not at fault.

You invaded this man's home.

You fucked it up.

You got the wrong information.

You shot the man dead, who was just trying to defend his home.

But you did nothing wrong.

Anti Federalist
04-24-2013, 04:56 PM
You know what I first thought when I read this,...

Now here's a group of people I'd love to see have armed drones.

Rand hater.

Whiner.

Non productive enemy of liberty.

Hope the cops kill your dog.

CCTelander
04-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Rand hater.

Whiner.

Non productive enemy of liberty.

Hope the cops kill your dog.

Don't let the Randroids get you down man.

Carson
04-24-2013, 05:00 PM
I can't help wonder if some of these accidents really are accidents.

Pretty sick to imagine that they might go so far as to have decoy targets move in nearby to set things up?

James Madison
04-24-2013, 05:00 PM
John Adams...

geezus...

It's almost poetic in the wake of what happened in Boston. :(

Dr.3D
04-24-2013, 05:01 PM
The war on drugs causes more casualties than if drugs were legal and people did as they pleased with them.

Anti Federalist
I can't help wonder if some of these accidents really are accidents.

Pretty sick to think they would go so far as to have decoy targets move in to set things up?

They're not.

kcchiefs6465
“They need to get rid of those men, boys with toys,” said Adams’ 70-year-old widow, Loraine.

You have no idea.

Oh, and f*** the NAACP. Wouldn't hear a peep from them if a white man that was shot and killed by the police but now since it's a black man the militarized police force is a problem... Oh wait, they didn't even say that. Instead I'm sure it was because this 61 year old man was black and the police officers were white. FFS. Couldn't possibly because THEY THINK THEY'RE IN A WAR. No, race was the obvious problem.

And while I'm at it, Tennessee police are going to be looking at their policies huh? Perhaps they should also look into the policy of them robbing out of town motorists on desolate highways. GTFOH with the 'regrettable situation' rhetoric. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that. Corrupt militarized thugs are corrupt and militarized. The problem is systemic. Not 'Black vs. White' as race baiting opportunists would lead you to believe. What a damn shame.

Anti Federalist
04-24-2013, 05:09 PM
You have no idea.

Oh, and f*** the NAACP. Wouldn't hear a peep from them if a white man that was shot and killed by the police but now since it's a black man the militarized police force is a problem... Oh wait, they didn't even say that. Instead I'm sure it was because this 61 year old man was black and the police officers were white. FFS. Couldn't possibly because THEY THINK THEY'RE IN A WAR. No, race was the obvious problem.

And while I'm at it, Tennessee police are going to be looking at their policies huh? Perhaps they should also look into the policy of them robbing out of town motorists on desolate highways. GTFOH with the 'regrettable situation' rhetoric. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that. Corrupt militarized thugs are corrupt and militarized. The problem is systemic. Not 'Black vs. White' as race baiting opportunists would lead you to believe. What a damn shame.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kcchiefs6465 again.

James Madison
04-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Wonder if Joe Biden will show up at the guy's funeral?

I wonder if we'll hear how much a hero he was?

HOLLYWOOD
04-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Drug War claims another victim. Two weeks paid vacation, and these murderers will be back on the Force.

Looks like the victim was black, so the NAACP all-of-a-sudden gives a shit.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&page=1&fb_source=message#.UXg83zek1yFAre the bigoted teleprompter puppets at CNN/NBC/MSNBC going to cover this? I mean, it is a black man that was murdered. Oh, WAIT... it was 'THE STATE' that murdered the innocent fellow... APPROVED by government, enforced by Fascist corporate hypocrites in Media News entertainment... move along zombies, nothing to see here.

Com'on Chris Mathews, Lawrence McDonnell, and that 12 year old boy masquerading as a TV celebrity puppet... let's hear your goofball rhetoric 4 TV PEONS :rolleyes:

aGameOfThrones
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
This is why we need gun control.

youngbuck
04-24-2013, 08:17 PM
I remember this exact story from months ago. I notice that the article isn't dated.