PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh Still Confused about Blowback, lumps Scheuer in with 'leftists'

radiofriendly
04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Around noon today, Rush Limbaugh played an audio clip of Michael Scheuer explaining the insanity of U.S. foreign policy Saying, “The meme is ‘we did it.’ Once again, Rush seems incapable of critical thinking skills when it comes to terrorism. He even tried to pretend that Scheuer was a ‘leftist.’

Everyone (with a brain) understands that the motive of a crime is essential in a domestic criminal case, but when it comes to neocons, terrorists are only motivated by a ’hatred for our freedoms.’ Heaven forbid we ever consider how we would react if another country was using drones to strike homes in Texas...

More: http://iroots.org/2013/04/24/rush-limbaugh-still-not-ready-for-blowback/

RUSH: Let’s go to the audio sound bites. This is this morning on Happening Now on Fox, just moments ago, actually. Jenna Lee is talking to the former head of the CIA bin Laden unit, Michael Scheuer about a recent blog he wrote where he argues the Boston Marathon bombers were motivated by — wait for it — what the US does in the Muslim world. Jenna Lee said to Michael Scheuer, “Why do you say that?”

SCHEUER: Because it true, ma’am. There’s been no evidence since Osama bin Laden declared war us on in 1996 and his followers and those he inspired continued to wage war, that they were bombing us because we had women in the workplace or you or I had a beer after work or because we voted in Iowa every four years. The description has been consistently, including the young men who bombed in Boston, that their activities are a response to our support for the Saudi tyranny, our invasion of Iraq, our support for the Israelis. Most recently Mr. Obama has invaded two Muslim countries, Mali and Libya. It seems to me we spend a lot of wasted time trying to figure out what motives these people.

RUSH: So there you have it…So the meme is we did it, the United States. We are responsible. Michael Scheuer, who… I’ll refrain, but to me, no credibility there whatsoever, There’s a bias. There’s an agenda, but it’s our fault. Islam’s got nothing to do with this. The Koran has nothing to do with this. Sharia has nothing to do with this. The fact that we’re infidels, nothing at all to do with this. In fact, do you know that radical Islamists, the jihadists, are attacking people all over the world because of the United States foreign policy? Well, wouldn’t that have to be?

More (http://iroots.org/2013/04/24/rush-limbaugh-still-not-ready-for-blowback/)...

heavenlyboy34
04-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Rush isn't a real neocon. He's just confused and is paid to repeat neocon talking points.

Christian Liberty
04-24-2013, 04:04 PM
I happened to hear Biden spouting off today about how these Boston bombers did this "Because we will not change, because we will not bow" or some such. Nevermind the obvious fact that they said it was because of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

The terrorists really do hate us for our freedoms. Barack Obama hates us for our freedoms. John Mccain hates us for our freedoms. Lindsey Graham hates us for our freedoms. Joe Biden hates us for our freedoms. George W. Bush hates us for our freedoms. Nanci Pelosi hates us for our freedoms. Newt Gingrich hates us for our freedoms. Rush Limbaugh sounds like he hates us for our freedoms too. But Al Qeida doesn't give a crap about our freedoms one way or another. Why would they? They want us to stop intervening in the Muslim World.

No, we didn't do 9/11, Rush. We've done far worse.

Lucille
04-24-2013, 04:15 PM
I was just reading (http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=53015) that he's getting a barrage of lovely emails, and they're also going to FOX demanding he be fired.

Readers of this site will be familiar with the ongoing efforts of a goodly number of U.S.-citizen champions of Israel to pressure media outlets to ban me from broadcasts, as well as to convince my employers to fire me for criticizing the U.S. relationship with Israel. Along with this comes a good deal of personal abuse. Last week, I again voiced my belief that America should not be involved in the Israel-Muslim war and — as night follows day — another tranche of witty, intellectual, and sophisticated notes went to FOX TV and to my e-mail.

I have included a sampling of this campaign below to again demonstrate that the Israel-Firsters will do nearly anything to break someone who questions their blatant disloyalty to America, and to note that my experience over the past eight years strongly suggests that many of the U.S.-citizen supporters of Israel are drawn from that part of American society that is best described as “the scum of the earth.” Indeed, I have written to Ms. Andrea and Ms. Lewis to say that I consider them “Israel-First Traitors.” True to her scum form, Ms. Andrea today has written to FOX and Georgetown University complaining that by speaking the obvious truth about her and Ms. Lewis proves me an “anti-Semite.” All Israelis and supporters of Israeli ought to be very proud of these two.

The “Larry Johnson” referred to several times below runs the blog http://xxx.noquarterusa.net/blog/. He seems to be a hero of the Israel-Firsters, which, I suppose, says a lot...

lib3rtarian
04-24-2013, 04:18 PM
If the terrorists hated us for our freedoms, shouldn't it be just a mild dislike now?

Anti Federalist
04-24-2013, 04:21 PM
If the terrorists hated us for our freedoms, shouldn't it be just a mild dislike now?

I would say they love us...

http://media.cagle.com/127/2013/04/17/130437_600.jpg

angelatc
04-24-2013, 04:27 PM
So what he just said is,
"the former head of the CIA bin Laden unit, Michael Scheuer, who… I’ll refrain, but to me, no credibility there whatsoever,"

Mind Blown.

Christian Liberty
04-24-2013, 04:36 PM
I would say they love us...

http://media.cagle.com/127/2013/04/17/130437_600.jpg

I agree with you that this is insanely ironic.

I have to admit though, our freedom of speech, religion, and gun ownership are still second to none in the first world. Its not as good as it used to be. I won't even call America a "Free country" since that's relative anyway and every government, or at least every one that goes beyond protection of life, liberty, and property, is some grade of tyranny. But there are still a few good things about this country. I prefer here over Saudi Arabia. I don't think they quite LOVE us yet, although maybe after they actually start using NDAA 2012 that may change...

(I know they don't actually hate us for our freedoms, I was going with the hypothetical.)

Czolgosz
04-24-2013, 04:37 PM
He's not confused. The GoP brand and it's owners demand this compliance. You don't bite the hand that feeds.

Anti Federalist
04-24-2013, 04:46 PM
I have to admit though, our freedom of speech, religion, and gun ownership are still second to none in the first world.

If you have to constantly look over your shoulder to make sure your speech, religion or gun ownership is not:

A - Violating one of the millions and millions of codes, laws, restrictions, edicts and regulations...

B - Incurring the wrath of some grievance class complaint group, that can bring down financial and criminal ruin...

Then, well, it really isn't "freedom".

It's more "qualified privilege".

JK/SEA
04-24-2013, 04:46 PM
theater of the absurd and we all got front row seats. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain or those meglo-maniacs dictating their fantasies to their underlings in Washington DC and their media whores.

radiofriendly
04-24-2013, 05:21 PM
theater of the absurd and we all got front row seats. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain or those meglo-maniacs dictating their fantasies to their underlings in Washington DC and their media whores.

Yep, I imagine he didn't know what he was doing - he played an extensive quote of Michael Scheuer...that's not someone you just write off. Good will actually come of this. > http://iroots.org/2013/04/24/rush-limbaugh-still-not-ready-for-blowback/

COpatriot
04-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Guys like Rush and Hannity still don't get it and never will. In their nationalistic eyes, America is the awesomest and never does anything wrong and everyone else just hates us because they're jealous. And the thing with the Israel-firsters trying to get someone they disagree with fired isn't news. They've been doing that for decades now.

KingNothing
04-24-2013, 06:10 PM
It amazes me that someone can be paid so much money to talk about things they do not actually understand. Rush Limbaugh should be embarrassed.

otherone
04-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Guys like Rush and Hannity still don't get it and never will. In their nationalistic eyes, America is the awesomest and never does anything wrong and everyone else just hates us because they're jealous.

Rush isn't an idiot. He is wholly aware of the monied interests in the Mideast that US blood and tax dollars support. Profit trumps morality, patriotism, exceptionalism, and common sense. Don't expect anyone to come right out and say it.

EBounding
04-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Guys like Rush and Hannity still don't get it and never will. In their nationalistic eyes, America is the awesomest and never does anything wrong and everyone else just hates us because they're jealous. And the thing with the Israel-firsters trying to get someone they disagree with fired isn't news. They've been doing that for decades now.

That's why we have to stop saying "we", "our" and "America" when talking about foreign policy. Instead we need to blame "the Government".

Christian Liberty
04-24-2013, 06:17 PM
If you have to constantly look over your shoulder to make sure your speech, religion or gun ownership is not:

A - Violating one of the millions and millions of codes, laws, restrictions, edicts and regulations...

B - Incurring the wrath of some grievance class complaint group, that can bring down financial and criminal ruin...

Then, well, it really isn't "freedom".

It's more "qualified privilege".

I think that might be slight hyperbole, but you're correct. "Free speech zones" come to mind, as do the way that people who use marijuana as part of their religious ceremonies aren't allowed to do that, and as for guns, there probably are close to millions of rules... As I said, I refuse to call the US a "Free country." Those words are hyperbole anyway. Find me a genuinely minarchist state, or place where anarcho-capitalism actually functions, and I will call that place "Free." Otherwise, we're dealing in degrees of tyranny. But America is still better than Europe in certain critical areas.

For instance, in Germany you aren't allowed to homeschool, at all. Granted, its stupidly regulated here, but you aren't allowed to do it AT ALL in Europe.

Gun rights are curtailed here, but are next to non-existant across the pond, save for Switzerland (Which may genuinely be freer than us, in spite of the draft, which at least doesn't lead to young Swiss being sent overseas to attack someone for their freedoms).

In Germany you are literally not allowed to question the Holocaust, portray the Nazis in a video game, or do the Hitler salute. Granted, I think those people are despicable as much as anyone (Well, video games aren't necessarily a problem, but I meant the other stuff) they still have their rights to freedom of speech, and in America, that right is still respected, at least for now.

In France, Muslim women are NOT ALLOWED to wear the burka.

The Scandinavian countries have even higher taxes than we do.

Exc.

I'm not defending America, I'm just saying we aren't the worst ever in every category. Ultimately, at the moment, and this may well change quick, but right now our biggest problem isn't the loss of our domestic freedom, although that's happening too, but what we do to the rest of the world. You can't even REALLY leave the Empire anymore, its everywhere.

Christian Liberty
04-24-2013, 06:18 PM
That's why we have to stop saying "we", "our" and "America" when talking about foreign policy. Instead we need to blame "the Government".

I admit I still do this. If I become a politician at any point I need to absolutely condition myself not to. Granted, I do not believe in collective responsibility, but I haven't totally shaken the collectivist terminology, even though I don't really believe any of it. Habits are sometimes tough to break.

William R
04-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Rush isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer

anaconda
04-24-2013, 06:31 PM
I'll bet that Limbaugh would never in a million years be willing to interview Michael Scheuer as a guest on his show. Scheuer would make the blowhard look like a complete dufus.

COpatriot
04-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Limbaugh didn't even take the time to discover that Scheuer is a very conservative guy. And his little jab at his credibility is laughable. I would put Scheuer's CIA career up against whatever shit Limbaugh makes up in his mind any time.

anaconda
04-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Rush isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer

Funny you should say that. I used to think Rush was very smart, but now I just don't see it (occasionally I borrow my girlfriend's car that has a functional radio in it). I used to think he was talented at presenting arguments based upon untenable premises, with the hope that the unwitting listener would not challenge the premises. But now he doesn't even seem to do that. I'm not sure if I've gotten smarter or Rush is not as effective as he once was, for one reason or another.

BlackTerrel
04-24-2013, 06:52 PM
SCHEUER: Because it true, ma’am. There’s been no evidence since Osama bin Laden declared war us on in 1996 and his followers and those he inspired continued to wage war, that they were bombing us because we had women in the workplace or you or I had a beer after work or because we voted in Iowa every four years. The description has been consistently, including the young men who bombed in Boston, that their activities are a response to our support for the Saudi tyranny, our invasion of Iraq, our support for the Israelis. Most recently Mr. Obama has invaded two Muslim countries, Mali and Libya. It seems to me we spend a lot of wasted time trying to figure out what motives these people.

Sorry but I disagree with Scheuer here. These weren't foreigners. These were Americans.

These were people who emigrated from Chechnya (one of them was born here) and given a good life in this country. So because they're Muslim and some of the people we bomb are Muslim that somehow explains why they kill civilians (many of them not American) who are running a marathon?

No. Sorry. Fuck these guys.

What do you think these guys would be doing if our foreign policy were different? Just be regular Americans. I find that hard to believe. People who blindly hate will always find a reason to blindly hate.

AGRP
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Rush isn't a real neocon. He's just confused and is paid to repeat neocon talking points.

Rush will be anyone if they pay him. He'll probably claim to be a tri-sexual who who hangs out in back allies giving free abortions if they paid him to.

anaconda
04-24-2013, 10:19 PM
No. Sorry. Fuck these guys.

This might turn out to be a good case to withhold judgement on until there is an investigation and trial. Or lack of investigation and kangaroo court.

bolil
04-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Around noon today, Rush Limbaugh played an audio clip of Michael Scheuer explaining the insanity of U.S. foreign policy Saying, “The meme is ‘we did it.’ Once again, Rush seems incapable of critical thinking skills when it comes to terrorism. He even tried to pretend that Scheuer was a ‘leftist.’

Everyone (with a brain) understands that the motive of a crime is essential in a domestic criminal case, but when it comes to neocons, terrorists are only motivated by a ’hatred for our freedoms.’ Heaven forbid we ever consider how we would react if another country was using drones to strike homes in Texas...

More: http://iroots.org/2013/04/24/rush-limbaugh-still-not-ready-for-blowback/

More (http://iroots.org/2013/04/24/rush-limbaugh-still-not-ready-for-blowback/)...

We know how we react. Invasion.

radiofriendly
04-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Couple things. Rush is mostly pretty smart and better on many things than Hannity.
Also, my criticism is on how he blankets the entire terrorism issue, using this issue - I agree the Boston situation may turn out to be very different than other events.

BlackTerrel
04-25-2013, 08:48 PM
This might turn out to be a good case to withhold judgement on until there is an investigation and trial. Or lack of investigation and kangaroo court.

The OP is judging that this is blowback right? And most other comments are pre-judging the same. Why is mine the only comment you disagree with?