PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: Libertarian Party of Indiana Convention

IndianaPolitico
04-24-2013, 03:48 PM
http://iroots.org/2013/04/23/report-libertarian-party-of-indiana-state-convention/
I recently had the chance to attend the 2013 Indiana Libertarian convention, it stood in rather sharp contrast to the Republican State convention that I visited in 2012. The three day gathering of libertarians was reportedly one of the largest state conventions nationally for the growing third party. I arrived at the Columbus IN. Convention Center early Saturday morning and I have to admit driving into a parking lot filled with cars plastered with Ron Paul and Gary Johnson stickers was quite enjoyable.

Keith and stuff
04-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the report. About how many people would you say were there?

IndianaPolitico
04-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the report. About how many people would you say were there?
The count I heard was 115. Very nice turnout, some remembered when there were only 5 to 10 people at the state convention.

archer1600
04-25-2013, 01:17 AM
The Libertarian Party in that State is doing really well apparently. Their Candidate for Governor pulled 4% in the General Election. Keep it up guys! Send a guy to the State House!

FSP-Rebel
04-25-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm not going to derail this thread by being a dick but I will say that those attendees would definitely change the landscape of their state GOP if they were delegates at the state convention and helped decide leadership and such.

ClydeCoulter
04-25-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm not going to derail this thread by being a dick but I will say that those attendees would definitely change the landscape of their state GOP if they were delegates at the state convention and helped decide leadership and such.

Some of them did, or tried to be GOP delegates in 2012 (and voted R in the primary), but were kicked by the county parties. I've met some of them. One of them had never voted before, and somehow that was used again him.

Christian Liberty
04-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Is it possible to be in the GOP and the LP at the same time?

erowe1
04-25-2013, 12:50 PM
The Libertarian Party in that State is doing really well apparently. Their Candidate for Governor pulled 4% in the General Election. Keep it up guys! Send a guy to the State House!

And their US Senate candidate pulled 6%.

I'm not sure why we would want them to keep it up though. If all those people were active in GOP primaries, they could make a lot more of a difference.

erowe1
04-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Is it possible to be in the GOP and the LP at the same time?

Indiana doesn't have party registrations. So here it's possible.