PDA

View Full Version : Why yes, most Americans would like a gun when there’s a manhunt going on outside

sailingaway
04-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Well, get a load of this. On Sunday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein appeared on Fox News to discuss last week’s attack in Boston and terrorism in general, and Chris Wallace wondered whether the people in locked-down Boston last week, with concerns that “this fellow might be on the loose, might break into their house, might take hostages — would people like to have had guns?” “Oh, some may have, yes,” replied Feinstein. [link and video at link]

But it isn’t just “some” Americans who would be partial to having the means to defend themselves from violent criminals on the loose in their neighborhood; as it turns out, a large majority of them do, including half of the people in even non-gun-owning households.

If you were in that situation, would you want a gun at your side?

Most American voters say yes, according to a new Fox News poll.

Sixty-nine percent say if they were in a situation similar to Bostonians, they would want a gun in their house.

That includes a large 88-percent majority of those in gun-owner households, as well as 50 percent of those in non-gun homes. …

In general, more voters think protecting the constitutional right to own a gun is a higher priority than protecting citizens from gun violence (53-42 percent). That’s mostly unchanged since January, when it was 51-40 percent.

But Feinstein went on: “Oh, some may have, yes, but if where you’re going is, do they need an assault weapon, I don’t think so. … You can use a 12-gauge shotgun and have a good defensive effect, and there’s the element of surprise. Now you’ve got police all over the place in Watertown, so, I don’t really think that this is applicable. I think, there are people that want to make this argument, but a 12-guage shotgun, there are many weapons… that are available to people for choice without an assault weapon.”

I would like to note here that the Boston PD fired something like 300 bullets in its firefight with the suspect, in just ONE of the firefights, from what I read, and the economy of owning an AR 15 vs mobilizing 10,000 troops with tanks etc should be obvious, but you can read HotAir's response at this link: http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/24/fox-news-poll-why-yes-most-americans-would-like-a-gun-when-theres-a-manhunt-going-on-outside/

Lucille
04-24-2013, 12:53 PM
I was thinking how if that guy with the boat had a gun, his boat might not have been shot to hell since he could have held him at gunpoint until the cops arrived.

Thanks, Cops (http://lewrockwell.com/spl5/cops-shoot-up-the-boat.html)
They shoot up, then seize the boat of the man who found the Boston fugitive.

PaulConventionWV
04-24-2013, 01:19 PM
I would like to note here that the Boston PD fired something like 300 bullets in its firefight with the suspect, in just ONE of the firefights, from what I read, and the economy of owning an AR 15 vs mobilizing 10,000 troops with tanks etc should be obvious, but you can read HotAir's response at this link: http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/24/fox-news-poll-why-yes-most-americans-would-like-a-gun-when-theres-a-manhunt-going-on-outside/

So 69 percent would like a gun when there's danger, and only 53% support the 2nd amendment under any circumstances. That means the 16% who don't support gun rights but would like a gun for themselves when they are in danger are hypocrites or elitists.