PDA

View Full Version : Meet The Press. Carville say Paul a factor

llepard
11-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Basically a huge discussion about Romney, Ghoul, Huck, Thompson.

Only mention of RP is Carville who says

"This Ron Paul thing is going to be a factor, he raised $12 million this quarter, he is not going to be the winner but he is making an impact."

Oh yeah, another one that we have to prove is wrong.

ChristopherJ
11-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Well at least we have moved from he has no chance to he is going to be a factor although they always throw in the obligatory he isn't going to win.

Zydeco
11-25-2007, 10:24 AM
I watch/read so little MSM these days, but when I do, I'm struck mostly by how clueless they are.

I mean, take away the imprimaturs they carry and their insights would regularly fall in the bottom quartile in terms of usefulness on, say, the Ron Paul Forums. Have you ever read Ben Wattenberg or Martin Peretz's blogs? If you haven't, don't bother. They're jokes, and it makes you wonder about political discourse in the pre-internet era.

OK, Wattenberg's blog is too good not to share. While you're reading, keep in mind that this guy still has influence, a print column, TV shows, etc.

http://wattenblog.blogspot.com/

me3
11-25-2007, 10:27 AM
"This Ron Paul thing is going to be a factor,
Basically highlights their confusion and ignorance. They don't know what it is, but the money talks, and "it" will be a factor.

curtisag
11-25-2007, 10:33 AM
There's still a lot of people out there that think the campaign has done something themselves that generated all this grassroots support and cash, but they don't understand the nature of this movement. We found Ron Paul, we rallied around him, and made it our part time jobs to get him elected because he represents the ideals that apathetic voters hunger for. It's the message that generated this money, not the campaign. But since money is the only thing people in the MSM respect, we have to redouble our efforts to make December 16th a day that cannot be ignored.

Ron LOL
11-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Wow, Ron Paul mentioned on MTP. And by Carville no less?!

quickmike
11-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Basically a huge discussion about Romney, Ghoul, Huck, Thompson.

Only mention of RP is Carville who says

"This Ron Paul thing is going to be a factor, he raised $12 million this quarter, he is not going to be the winner but he is making an impact."

Oh yeah, another one that we have to prove is wrong.

I dont know if you remember, but they said the same thing about Reagan in 1980 when all the MSM shills were backing George Bush Sr., and when Ron won, it was like the shock of the century to them. They said "Reagan cant win because hes not mainstream enough, too radical about wanting small government."

AlexMerced
11-25-2007, 10:41 AM
it's all just a bit of history repeating

anyone think that would make a good video?

csen
11-25-2007, 10:46 AM
I watch/read so little MSM these days, but when I do, I'm struck mostly by how clueless they are.

I mean, take away the imprimaturs they carry and their insights would regularly fall in the bottom quartile in terms of usefulness on, say, the Ron Paul Forums. Have you ever read Ben Wattenberg or Martin Peretz's blogs? If you haven't, don't bother. They're jokes, and it makes you wonder about political discourse in the pre-internet era.

OK, Wattenberg's blog is too good not to share. While you're reading, keep in mind that this guy still has influence, a print column, TV shows, etc.

http://wattenblog.blogspot.com/

I was thinking the same thing. I'm a pretty big sports fan, though these days I find the Ron Paul campaign a lot more interesting than sports, but the quality of analysis you get from MSM sports writers and TV hosts (Pardon the Interruption, etc) is so much better than you get in politics. Pretty sad when you think about it.

UtahApocalypse
11-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I'm a pretty big sports fan, though these days I find the Ron Paul campaign a lot more interesting than sports, but the quality of analysis you get from MSM sports writers and TV hosts (Pardon the Interruption, etc) is so much better than you get in politics. Pretty sad when you think about it.

lol makes me wish Terry Bradshaw was doing political anaylisis...

"Ron Paul going long for money bomb! and its DEEEEP!"

Cindy
11-25-2007, 12:03 PM
There's still a lot of people out there that think the campaign has done something themselves that generated all this grassroots support and cash, but they don't understand the nature of this movement. We found Ron Paul, we rallied around him, and made it our part time jobs to get him elected because he represents the ideals that apathetic voters hunger for. It's the message that generated this money, not the campaign. But since money is the only thing people in the MSM respect, we have to redouble our efforts to make December 16th a day that cannot be ignored.

Exactly.

We need to pull off a $12,000,000 day on the 16th making it a $22,000,000.-$25,000,000 dollar quarter.

We already know with what he currently has and the pledges he will have at least a $16,000,000 quarter.

All the while the rest will continue sinking in funds raised, Rudy at maybe 8-10 mil, Mitt at whatever he wants to give himself, Fred at maybe 3-5 mill, McCain at maybe 3-4 mil. Huck at maybe 2-3 mill.

I wonder how the MSM will handle the Q4 numbers for the Republicans with Paul at the far out lead, and of course, more donations from the Military personel then the others, again.

They will probably follow reports on his stellar numbers with reports on Hillary's numbers in an attempt to minamize Pauls, instead of comparing his to the other GOP candidates.

max
11-25-2007, 12:31 PM
we have to shut these sons of bitches up on 12/16....start asking friends and relatives to drop a few bucks in lieu of a Christmas [present

seapilot
11-25-2007, 01:06 PM
MSM has always been behind the times on reporting. Its a joke what they report as news as they are clueless when it comes to picking up on popular trends.
This is due to real lack of indepth research for sensationalism. Eventually they will be replaced by Internet news.

Knightskye
11-25-2007, 01:10 PM
I guess Mr. Carville (is that his first or last name?) didn't do much research. We have about five weeks till this quarter's over, and we'll fly past $12 million. :D