PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE on Rosie the Newfoundland dog killed by cops in WA State

JK/SEA
04-24-2013, 08:39 AM
A little justice is served. For what its worth.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020845240_rosiethedogxml.html

''The officers were not disciplined for the incident, and Ragonesi pointed out earlier that two reviews of the event concluded the officers had acted appropriately.''

Origanalist
04-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Once again the taxpayers pay, and the criminals keep their job.

aGameOfThrones
04-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Justice? For who?

VoluntaryAmerican
04-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the update.

Yea... lawsuit wins are not really justice... but it's the best people get in most of these scenarios. :mad:

JK/SEA
04-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Justice? For who?

the owners. Look, if the taxpayers don't want to rise up and make a stand on cops killing dogs, then fuck em. This crying about the 'taxpayers' getting hosed because of cops just makes me laugh. If the 'taxpayers' don't care why should i?....too bad it wasn't 50 million.

sailingaway
04-24-2013, 09:35 AM
the owners. Look, if the taxpayers don't want to rise up and make a stand on cops killing dogs, then fuck em. This crying about the 'taxpayers' getting hosed because of cops just makes me laugh. If the 'taxpayers' don't care why should i?....too bad it wasn't 50 million.

taxpayers can't protest every physical violation by the police, which does not mean we condone it. There are just too many.

JK/SEA
04-24-2013, 09:37 AM
taxpayers can't protest every physical violation by the police,

i respectfully disagree.

Ranger29860
04-24-2013, 09:38 AM

Its really a lose/lose for tax payers.

1. We are stuck with the bills
2. We can't vote out most cops (sheriffs being the exception)
3. We can't refuse to pay taxes to support it without criminal charges.

The whole system is broke. We need governors (the real power behind state and local police) to start doing something. But that means this has to become a big enough political issue to have something happen.

JK/SEA
04-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Its really a lose/lose for tax payers.

1. We are stuck with the bills
2. We can't vote out most cops (sheriffs being the exception)
3. We can't refuse to pay taxes to support it without criminal charges.

The whole system is broke. We need governors (the real power behind state and local police) to start doing something. But that means this has to become a big enough political issue to have something happen.

money talks, budgets get hammered, taxpayers foot the bills. Seems to me if anyone had a grasp of ..police abuse = extra spending = service cuts = pleas for higher taxes to pay for asshole cops. What would you do if you were on a budget committee and saw where money was going?...seems no one gives a flip so the beat goes on...big disconnect. Is it deliberate?..or just a case of..oh well, raise taxes and move on...i mean, really?...

aGameOfThrones
04-24-2013, 09:53 AM

Getting their lawyer paid and receiving some too, does not mean they got justice.

JK/SEA
04-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Getting their lawyer paid and receiving some too, does not mean they got justice.

It does to me. And i actually said ''a LITTLE' justice. Its better than a sharp stick in the eye, and it also means more media coverage bringing this BS back on center stage for a awhile.