PDA

View Full Version : Total Agreement?

tennman
04-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Sometimes I've seen people bashing certain liberty candidates because of an issue or two in which they disagree with them and it got me to thinking. Do any of us here agree on every single detail of every issue?

I often wonder if one of the members here who has supported Ron Paul over the years were to run for office if there would be some member who wouldn't vote for him and would trash his (or her) name because of a post from three years ago where they said something slightly different from that member's views.

I just think sometimes getting 90% of what you believe in a politician is acceptable. When I go to eat lunch but don't see a tender filet on the menu I don't get mad and order the crap plate. I'll settle for pizza or the Eggplant Parm.

Don't get me wrong, there are sometimes when both options are a crap plate, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

What do you think?

TheTexan
04-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Im a two issue voter. Sound money and secession. Support both to my satsfaction and I support 100% regardless of disagreements on other issues

Well actually I dont vote so im not really a voter :)

wizardwatson
05-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Im a two issue voter. Sound money and secession. Support both to my satsfaction and I support 100% regardless of disagreements on other issues

Well actually I dont vote so im not really a voter :)
Ha. You made me chuckle.

Voting is a joke I think anyway. All the candidates campaign on the same issues which have nothing to do with 95% of what they vote on. Then they get elected and no voters pay any attention to them until next election where everyone lies about what happened previously.

Focus should be on who is in office. We have the Internet and instantaneous communication. Voter democracy is outdated and massively corrupted. We need real time public feedback on legislative process.

Christian Liberty
05-07-2013, 08:41 PM
This is probably at least in part about me and Cruz. Let me clarify.

I don't insist on 100%. But then, I'm a full blown minarchist, so my standards are pretty high. But I'll settle for somewhat less than my ideal. I'll settle for a constitutionalist, paleoconservative, pretty much anyone who votes in favor of the constitution, 2nd amendment, and against war.

Now, here's my thing with Cruz. Anyone who will actually trust the Feds with medical data is a Federalist. This isn't just a minor, state-level issue that we disagree on. Its a fundamental distinction on whether we trust the Federal government or not. THAT'S a big issue. I don't support Cruz.

I disagree with Rand Paul a good portion of the time, but he votes based on the constitution so in spite of his flaws, I support him.

Ron Paul isn't 100% perfect, but then, neither am I, and I'm only as principled as I am because of Ron Paul. Ron Paul also always tells it how it is (Or at least, how he feels it is) and he's right 95, maybe even 98% of the time. Ron Paul is my hero. I don't need to agree with him on everything, he's amazing, and a much better person than I'll ever be...

So yeah, it all depends. I don't demand perfection, but I demand being relatively close.