PDA

View Full Version : New Benghazi Report Faults Clinton for Security Lapses, Claims White House Changed CIA Tal

RPfan1992
04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the days leading up to the deadly Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, denied requests for additional security in that region, according to a new Congressional report.

“[A]n April 2012 State Department cable bearing Secretary Hillary Clinton’s signature acknowledged then-Ambassador Cretz’s formal request for additional security assets but ordered the withdrawal of security elements to proceed as planned,” the report reads.

But here’s the thing: Clinton said in her January 2013 testimony that she was not aware of any security requests for that area.

“They didn’t come to me. I didn’t approve them. I didn’t deny them,” she said, contrary to the report’s findings.

“The report also found that White House and high-ranking officials at the State Department changed CIA talking points following the attacks, which killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others, in order to shield the State Department from ‘criticism for inadequate security levels’ on the ground in Benghazi,” the Washington Examiner’s Susan Ferrechio notes.

She continues:

It was released to all House members and comes after many Republicans in the House and Senate have called for a select committee to examine the Benghazi attacks, which the administration first blamed on demonstrators reacting to an anti-Muslim video.

For those who need a Libya refresher, the 46-page report provides a helpful timeline of the attacks and the subsequent federal investigation.

You can read the full report here:

This latest report may finally shed some light on mystery surrounding the death of Ambassador Stevens and his colleagues.

Then again, in the words of Clinton herself, what difference, at this point, does it make?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/23/new-benghazi-report-faults-clinton-for-security-lapses-sheds-light-on-deadly-attacks/