PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann kickstarts a kickstar to kickstart his grassroots project.....Word.

Barrex
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
"Liberty Is Rising" Truth In Media Project (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439668500/liberty-is-rising-truth-in-media-project)
68 Backers
$3,868 pledged of $1,250,000 goal
39 days to go

[/h]

by Ben Swann (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439668500/liberty-is-rising-truth-in-media-project/creator_bio)

We are bringing truth forward in media, education and technology to empower the voice of the people toward liberty and freedom.

Launched: Apr 22, 2013
Funding ends: Jun 1, 2013
Remind me (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439668500/liberty-is-rising-truth-in-media-project/watch)

Our Belief:
1. Our culture is truth deficient. The historical centers of truth, especially journalism, have broken down.
2. The average U.S. citizen has lost their voice to the affluent with money and power
3. Voters are disenfranchised from the left/right paradigm. The rise of "independents" has simply defined what people are not, but has struggled to bring clarity to who they are.
Step 1:
The first step in the "Liberty is Rising" Truth in media project is about bringing the fast growing liberty movement to the masses. For too long people have said that media is controlled by corporations and special interests which have no interest in empowering people. This is a chance to break through that. Working with Richter Studios in Chicago, IL, we are striving to create 100 high quality webisodes of "Ben Swann Full Disclosure." These webisodes will be structured in a similar way to our current series but will be captured with 35MM optics and some of the finest digital cinema cameras on the planet, consist of more mini-segments and will be graphically more interesting.
The 100 episodes of "Ben Swann Full Disclosure" will cover issues dealing with civil liberties, drone strikes on U.S. citizens, monetary policy, wall street bailouts, the drug war, wars overseas, the federal reserve banking system, CISPA, NDAA, etc. The webisodes will be 4 to 6 minutes in length, created as mini news/current affairs programs in a non-partisan, journalism based manner and will be similar to the segments we are currently producing in Cincinnati, OH.
Our intervews will be with lawmakers, newsmakers, actors and journalists to discuss Liberty issues, including Dr. Ron Paul, Governor Gary Johnson, Glenn Jacobs (WWE's Kane), Jesse Ventura, etc.
The goal here is to shatter the left/right paradigm and to push high quality, informational, educational journalism from a Liberty perspective onto a platform for the masses through streaming and online sites.
Ben Swann Full Disclosure is a weekly news experience from a Liberty perspective.
Step 2:
"Ben Swann Full Disclosure" is not the end game. Rather it will become a launching pad to a larger framework that will drive discussion and activism to expose the truth in media, politics, crony capitalism, big money and government. We will then drive change through ideas and actions coming from people and not from top down government.

Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics#Acco)[/h] As our videos are created, we plan to share them across the internet. We are not concerned about "Intellectual Property Rights" and will encourage bloggers, journalists and show hosts to use and share our videos everywhere they can.
We also believe that with the rise of streaming video sites, we can better reach the masses through sites like Hulu and Netflix but need to make a huge impact with this project in order to demonstrate the power of the Liberty Movement.

Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.

He asks for a lot of money. He said, some time ago, that he had already 8000 people who filled in his poll. Lets say he got 10,000 and 8000 of them are willing to contribute. So far average pldge is cca 60 dollars. That means that he has cca 480,000 dollars from pledges. Others will have to pledge 800.000 dollars in 39 days.

DONT YOU DARE TO DISCUSS THIS.:mad:

JoshLowry
04-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Think we should send out an email for this?

Barrex
04-23-2013, 01:00 PM

I think (sometimes) that you should contact him and arrange Q&A session on this forum, chat,facebook (please no) or video and in return send emails about this and Q&A session... That way It is a win win situation for everybody.... You, me, him, them, everybody, everybody......even the representatives of Illinois law enforcement community...

phill4paul
04-23-2013, 01:05 PM

Your call. I can't imagine anyone getting miffed over it. I haven't taken the time to thoroughly look at it but I do like the way Ben Swan reports.

JoshLowry
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I think (sometimes) that you should contact him and arrange Q&A session on this forum, chat,facebook (please no) or video and in return send emails about this and Q&A session... That way It is a win win situation for everybody.... You, me, him, them, everybody, everybody......even the representatives of Illinois law enforcement community...

Spoke to one of his friends the other day. I'll see if he can find out if Ben would be up for a Q&A.

phill4paul
04-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Spoke to one of his friends the other day. I'll see if he can find out if Ben would be up for a Q&A.

A good way to approach might be to have a questions 'contest.' Maybe start a thread for questions then perhaps have a poll to narrow it down to the top ten or twenty or whatever number he is willing to answer?

bunklocoempire
04-23-2013, 01:39 PM
The goal here is to shatter the left/right paradigm and to push high quality, informational, educational journalism from a Liberty perspective onto a platform for the masses through streaming and online sites.

Hard to walk by this one. Cant' pledge $'s yet but will promote.

I would LOVE to be able to present Ben Swann as a Beck alternative to those enamored with Beck -need a bit of polish and shine to do it with those folks -but it has been my experience that they WILL go for him when Swann is easily accessible.

Would love the Q&A and to be able to share that with others.

"Your lazy butts are in this too!
So get up on that wagon.
We're going up north to put the word on the streets."

"Two-dollar cover charge only, folks!
That's a lot of entertainment.

For two dollars."
:cool:

kcchiefs6465
04-23-2013, 01:55 PM
If so, can someone please shoot me a private message. I missed the last time a celebrity was in chat and was pretty disappointed about it.

ItsTime
04-23-2013, 01:59 PM

I think this is a great idea.

T.hill
04-23-2013, 03:24 PM
It says just a few minutes ago the funding for the project has been canceled by the project creator.

T.hill
04-23-2013, 03:26 PM
He's delayed the the fundraiser until June 1st

ItsTime
04-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Sounds like he got heat from someone. Now we need to make sure when he relaunches it on June 1st.

torchbearer
04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Sounds like he got heat from someone. Now we need to make sure when he relaunches it on June 1st. or, since the time is limited, he may want to promote it prior to starting it. he may have put his cart before his horse.

fr33
04-23-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm down to donate to Ben. Just tell me when.

Bastiat's The Law
04-23-2013, 04:17 PM
I like big grassroots projects.

torchbearer
04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
I like big grassroots projects. I'm already a kickstarter patron. it could end up being a new business model.

ClydeCoulter
04-23-2013, 04:24 PM

Yes, yes, that would be great (good idea Barrex, you old coot who scares policemen) :)

edit: I would like for them to do some investigative work, like secret underground meet the dude with the info under the bridge in Moscow at midnight stuff. :D

RonPaulIsGreat
04-23-2013, 04:40 PM
I like him, I'll donate, when it launches.

Bastiat's The Law
04-23-2013, 04:45 PM
I'd like to see Ben do a skype interview with a select group of people.

Barrex
04-23-2013, 04:56 PM
What part of "DONT YOU DARE TO DISCUSS THIS.:mad:" you didnt understand? Now you made him cancel it:

Funding Canceled Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator about 2 hours ago.

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/372898_381432165283467_1698050500_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/BenSwannFullDisclosure?hc_location=timeline)Ben Swann - Full Disclosure (http://www.facebook.com/BenSwannFullDisclosure?hc_location=timeline)about an hour ago

Hey guys.. I need to apologize to everyone. I jumped the gun with the launch of the Kickstarter project. That project cannot begin until June 1, 2013. We definitely will make a huge push for it as of June 1st. The great thing about Kickstarter is that anyone who pledged will not be charged for that pledge

It is all your fault.

ClydeCoulter
04-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Oh no you don't, you can't blame me or the others, YOU started the thread, you knew what would happen ! :)

What part of "DONT YOU DARE TO DISCUSS THIS.:mad:" you didnt understand? Now you made him cancel it:

It is all your fault.

sailingaway
04-23-2013, 05:30 PM

I do think that before an email goes out we should find out more about it, just so people know what they are supporting a little better. If grass roots are funding it, it seems it shouldn't be beholden to others for political views. Not that we would put words in his mouth but we wouldn't want him using seed money to get others to support him who would. I'd want to know what level of commitment he had to being independent and pursuing, as he puts it, the truth. No crystal ball is perfect, but this is just a very squishy business plan. I don't mean that in an insulting way, but it gives little tangible to market or get people excited about. I don't know if he is aware that money bombs succeed when they are 'sold'.

Ultimately, though, yeah, I'd vote for an email.

ItsTime
04-23-2013, 05:43 PM
or, since the time is limited, he may want to promote it prior to starting it. he may have put his cart before his horse.

It looks like he was about to start promoting it when he had to pull it. The date for the official launch, according to the Facebook event, of the kickstarter was May 1st.

Edit: I should add anyone who took the survey should have known what was coming next.

sailingaway
04-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Sounds like he got heat from someone. Now we need to make sure when he relaunches it on June 1st.

He may still technically be working for his station, until May 1 or whatever, maybe he decided he needed to wait until his commitments were over to even start promoting something.

Barrex
04-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Before this gets archived I would likt to thank Shane Harris (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?29777-Shane-Harris).

Jackie Moon
04-23-2013, 08:17 PM

http://themovielists.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/downloadedfile8.jpeg?w=490

This sounds pretty exciting. I think it's good that it doesn't start until June 1st because it gives people like me who might not have money right now time to plan ahead and set some aside. He might not be allowed to start it until then but I'd think having us let people know ahead of time would be a good idea.

And either way I'm definitely in for promoting the heck out of the fundraiser and the videos they make.

PSYOP
04-23-2013, 09:20 PM
There's no way he's going to make that mark but I'm still going to donate in hopes that I'm proved wrong.

ItsTime
04-24-2013, 04:29 AM
There's no way he's going to make that mark but I'm still going to donate in hopes that I'm proved wrong.

People used to say that about the Ron Paul moneybombs. We are a movement that makes history, that blazes trails. I think he blows by the goal.

TonySutton
04-24-2013, 08:41 AM
So do we want to start advertising a money bomb for the June 1st re-launch. I know there are people on this site who know how to get the message out. With just over 1 month to prepare a one million dollar money bomb seems like child's play.

dancjm
04-24-2013, 09:26 AM
So do we want to start advertising a money bomb for the June 1st re-launch.

I was about to say this.

Yes.

torchbearer
04-24-2013, 11:20 AM
where is trevor when you need him? oh yeah, he got face raped every time he came on the forum.
I still remember planning the november 5th moneybomb on this very forum. the people who were the doers of those projects aren't here anymore.

torchbearer
04-24-2013, 11:55 AM
So do we want to start advertising a money bomb for the June 1st re-launch. I know there are people on this site who know how to get the message out. With just over 1 month to prepare a one million dollar money bomb seems like child's play.

and then i stated:

where is trevor when you need him? oh yeah, he got face raped every time he came on the forum.
I still remember planning the november 5th moneybomb on this very forum. the people who were the doers of those projects aren't here anymore.

then i get neg repped for getting off topic. yeah, i think it was the content that was not liked.

Bastiat's The Law
04-24-2013, 03:50 PM
The activists were replaced by those that like to constantly bicker.

ItsTime
04-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Yes start promoting the hell out of this.

I have heard by a few that worked with him after that that have had VERY bad experiences.

Not to mentioned how he spammed the hell out of the moneybomb emails he collected.

But that is the past so onward!

VoluntaryAmerican
04-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Voted No because I don't have any money to spare, but I really hope this gets funded. 1 mill is a very high sum, hope he can reach it... or manage to cut costs somehow.

torchbearer
04-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Yes start promoting the hell out of this.

I have heard by a few that worked with him after that that have had VERY bad experiences.

Not to mentioned how he spammed the hell out of the moneybomb emails he collected.

But that is the past so onward!

do you see anyone else heading up a moneybomb effort and mass email effort for Ben?

something similar happened at my work with the making of coffee in the mornings.
every time someone would make coffee, everyone else bitched about it. so they'd stop making coffee. then someone else would start making the coffee, then people would bitch about it- and after a couple days that person stopped making the coffee.
and that continued until now, no one makes coffee. no one cooks anything. no one does anything for anyone because of all the bitchin.

same thing happened to our doers.

ItsTime
04-25-2013, 12:31 PM
do you see anyone else heading up a moneybomb effort and mass email effort for Ben?

something similar happened at my work with the making of coffee in the mornings.
every time someone would make coffee, everyone else bitched about it. so they'd stop making coffee. then someone else would start making the coffee, then people would bitch about it- and after a couple days that person stopped making the coffee.
and that continued until now, no one makes coffee. no one cooks anything. no one does anything for anyone because of all the bitchin.

same thing happened to our doers.

Actually yes I do see what is going on with Ben. It is all positive. Lots of people are helping. Lots of people with big lists, way bigger than Trevor's will be helping. :D

Lets do this!

torchbearer
04-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Actually yes I do see what is going on with Ben. It is all positive. Lots of people are helping. Lots of people with big lists, way bigger than Trevor's will be helping. :D

Lets do this!

i'm all about getting this done.

Keith and stuff
04-25-2013, 05:25 PM
The activists were replaced by those that like to constantly bicker.
What is your problem?

♥ ☺

Jeremy
04-25-2013, 06:08 PM
People used to say that about the Ron Paul moneybombs. We are a movement that makes history, that blazes trails. I think he blows by the goal.

Ben Swann =/= Ron Paul. Million dollar goal is ridiculous and makes him not look serious, which only discourages people from donating.

torchbearer
04-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Ben Swann =/= Ron Paul. Million dollar goal is ridiculous and makes him not look serious, which only discourages people from donating. Kickstarter projects do reach such milestone, even for esoteric games for a very niche crowd. it could work. and the donation doesn't go through if he doesn't make the goal- so he is, in essence, challenging us to get this done. i believe in this guy. he needs to have a bigger platform. i will contribute. i will pledge.

Keith and stuff
04-25-2013, 06:13 PM
This can work. We even have a member here that makes a living like this. http://www.youtube.com/user/RidleyReport

Jeremy
04-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Kickstarter projects do reach such milestone, even for esoteric games for a very niche crowd. it could work. and the donation doesn't go through if he doesn't make the goal- so he is, in essence, challenging us to get this done. i believe in this guy. he needs to have a bigger platform. i will contribute. i will pledge.

Yeah, but that's the problem. He needs a bigger platform in order to raise that kind of money. He doesn't have enough followers to raise that alone, so he'd have to show something revolutionary that would draw tons of people in. Those are the kind of Kickstarters that raise millions.

Jeremy
04-25-2013, 06:16 PM
This can work. We even have a member here that makes a living like this. http://www.youtube.com/user/RidleyReport

He does it for free, not 1.25 million.

Keith and stuff
04-25-2013, 06:41 PM
He does it for free, not 1.25 million.
I see your point. But Dave makes a living doing it. Dave sales ads in his videos. Dave used to work for a local TV channel, just like Ben. Dave quit his job, just like Ben. Now Dave is living free and loving it. He has reasonable ad rates, too. http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=15218.0

Ben has sold ads in his videos before. For example, the Free State Project sponsored a couple of Ben's videos. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?403515-Ben-Swann-Danny-Glover-Claim-vs-History-of-Racism-and-Gun-Control-youtube
"Segment sponsored by the Free State Project"

I agree that the Kickstart seemed like a ton of money to ask for. Then again, I fully admit that I'm not very familiar with Kickstart.

ItsTime
04-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Yeah, but that's the problem. He needs a bigger platform in order to raise that kind of money. He doesn't have enough followers to raise that alone, so he'd have to show something revolutionary that would draw tons of people in. Those are the kind of Kickstarters that raise millions.

He says he got near 10k responses to his survey. Let's say only 7,500 said they would pledge any money (I bet its more than that). The avg kickstarter donation is around $75. That is half a million plus in pledges. We know from previous moneybombs and general fundraising that they usually out preform pledges.

torchbearer
04-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Then again, I fully admit that I'm not very familiar with Kickstart. Its a pledge site. you have 30 days to reach your monetary goal. if the goal isn't met, the project is canceled and no donations go through.
there should be no reason for people to pushed away by a larger total. if you don't think he'll make it, what will it hurt to pledge a $100? it won't actually get paid out if he doesn't make his goal.

Barrex
04-26-2013, 10:26 AM
If there is Q&A answer thingy it would be nice if he would list biggest items in his budget.

P.s.
I want to thank all Blues Brothers fans on this topic.

ItsTime
04-26-2013, 12:06 PM
If there is Q&A answer thingy it would be nice if he would list biggest items in his budget.

P.s.
I want to thank all Blues Brothers fans on this topic.

I believe the biggest item was on kickstarter. That being production of 100 episodes. Real production by Jeremy Richter: http://www.richterstudios.com/about-us

Which I believe will be well worth it.

Barrex
04-26-2013, 01:13 PM
I believe the biggest item was on kickstarter. That being production of 100 episodes. Real production by Jeremy Richter: http://www.richterstudios.com/about-us

Which I believe will be well worth it.

I dont know if he plans to spend most of that money on 600 minutes (100 "webisodes" 4-6 min each) of video "webisodes" material. Personally I think that it would be too much. For starting project it is too much.

It leaves too much room for guessing and interpretation. Q&A should answer a lot of it...ok maybe not Q part but A part for sure...

ItsTime
04-26-2013, 01:14 PM
I dont know if he plans to spend most of that money on 600 minutes (100 "webisodes" 4-6 min each) of video "webisodes" material.

It leaves too much room for guessing and interpretation. Q&A should answer a lot of it...ok maybe not Q part but A part for sure...

Agreed.