PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Reform Bill Will Be a Game Changer For Democrats

AuH20
04-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Start brainstorming on those secession initiatives. The statists have big plans for us with the help of their replacement citizens.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/immigration-reform-could-upend-electoral-college-90478.html

If these people had been on the voting rolls in 2012 and voted along the same lines as other Hispanic voters did last fall, President Barack Obama’s relatively narrow victory last fall would have been considerably wider, a POLITICO analysis showed.

Key swing states that Obama fought tooth and nail to win — like Florida, Colorado and Nevada — would have been comfortably in his column. And the president would have come very close to winning Arizona.

Republican Mitt Romney, by contrast, would have lost the national popular vote by 7 percentage points, 53 percent to 46 percent, instead of the 4-point margin he lost by in 2012, and would have struggled even to stay competitive in GOP strongholds like Texas, which he won with 57 percent of the vote.

The analysis is based on U.S. Census and Pew Research Center estimates of illegal immigrant populations by state, and presidential exit polls showing how Obama and Romney performed among Latinos.

BAllen
04-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Third world immigrants are just too gullible and ignorant to understand what freedom is about. They will drag down this entire nation.

AuH20
04-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Immigrants are just too gullible and ignorant to understand what freedom is about. They will drag down this entire nation.

When you're merely trying to survive, freedom and long range prospects really aren't on the radar screen. They are easy scores due to their predicament. Not necessarily dumb. The ivory tower scum know exactly how to manipulate those who are coming from disadvantageous environments.

BAllen
04-23-2013, 11:31 AM
When you're merely trying to survive, freedom and long range prospects really aren't on the radar screen. They are easy scores due to their predicament. Not necessarily dumb. The ivory tower scum know exactly how to manipulate those who are coming from disadvantageous environments.

Isn't that trading security for freedom?

AuH20
04-23-2013, 11:36 AM
Isn't that trading security for freedom?

Basically yes. Short-term they win in terms of food, services and security. Long-term they lose miserably as the fascist superstate increases it's grip over the populace while limiting economic opportunity and lowering overall quality of life. It's a Faustian deal of sorts. There is always a cost for "free" goods and services.

Christian Liberty
04-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Because the Republicans are SO much better. Especially Mitt Romney, who totally would have pulled out of Afghnanistan by now, repealed the NDAA and TSA, and would never even think about attacking Iran, who would totally propose the abolition of social security, medicare, medicaid, the Department of Education, Ronald Reagan's gun control, the drug war, or any other serious problem that we have...

Where exactly is Mitt better, again? I don't think anything you can come up with would trump Obama's "I haven't attacked Iran yet." Obama sucks, of course, but Romney sucks just as badly, if not even more.

AuH20
04-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Because the Republicans are SO much better. Especially Mitt Romney, who totally would have pulled out of Afghnanistan by now, repealed the NDAA and TSA, and would never even think about attacking Iran, who would totally propose the abolition of social security, medicare, medicaid, the Department of Education, Ronald Reagan's gun control, the drug war, or any other serious problem that we have...

Where exactly is Mitt better, again? I don't think anything you can come up with would trump Obama's "I haven't attacked Iran yet." Obama sucks, of course, but Romney sucks just as badly, if not even more.

We can at least play a role in the Republican Party, shaping narratives and strategically exerting pressure. Try primarying Chuck Schumer?
Dianne Feinstein? Tim Kaine?

The democratic party has been dead for several cycles. I can't imagine a plurality of the states in the union adopting the draconian models set up in California and New York. That would be going from bad to worse.

Christian Liberty
04-23-2013, 11:54 AM
We can at least play a role in the Republican Party, shaping narratives and strategically exerting pressure. The democratic party has been dead for several cycles. I can't imagine a plurality of the states in the union adopting the draconian models set up in California and New York. That would be going from bad to worse.

True, and at the state level the GOP is usually better. Foreign Policy is King at the National Level though, and the GOP is (For the most part, obviously not talking about Ron or Rand Paul, Amash, Massie, or anyone like that here) even worse on it than the Dems.

QuickZ06
04-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Third world immigrants are just too gullible and ignorant to understand what freedom is about. They will drag down this entire nation.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2052/funnyindiannativeameric.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/funnyindiannativeameric.jpg/)

BAllen
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2052/funnyindiannativeameric.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/funnyindiannativeameric.jpg/)

Whites were here before them. Kennewick Man, one example.

sailingaway
04-23-2013, 08:31 PM
With medical already being rationed under Obamacare letting in chain migration casually from people never accounted into our figures to begin with doesn't work. Nor does education funding already tight etc. Social Security disability is given to elderly parents who never worked here, etc. No one is discussing this, because the people have no representatives at the table, only special interests who want to make this seem a battle between racist monsters and open border types have a seat there. You can't have open immigration and a welfare state -- unless you are intentionally trying to crash the system on the people who have been forced to pay for it and depend on it.

Ron went to the heart of this very quickly when asked about this on Bloomberg today.

The Gold Standard
04-23-2013, 08:37 PM
I don't understand why they have to be allowed to vote. Voting is not a right, and there is no reason we can't allow them their right to travel without giving them a vote. Of course, both parties know what they will vote for, which is why they are both excited to get them to the polls. The GOP bigwigs really don't care if they are a permanent minority party as long as they continue to get a cut of the loot.

DamianTV
04-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Think of all the Unregistered Democrats and how giving them the ability to vote will affect future elections!

James Madison
04-23-2013, 08:43 PM

Not sure they're all that comparable.

Even as a person with Indian roots, I live better in 2013 thanks, in large part, to Western culture. My standard of living is far better than that of my ancestors; the immigrants targeted by this legislation will have the opposite effect.

The Free Hornet
04-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Basically yes. Short-term they win in terms of food, services and security. Long-term they lose miserably as the fascist superstate increases it's grip over the populace while limiting economic opportunity and lowering overall quality of life. It's a Faustian deal of sorts. There is always a cost for "free" goods and services.

Playing up the Republicans is short-term thinking. What's your excuse?

James Madison
04-23-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't understand why they have to be allowed to vote. Voting is not a right, and there is no reason we can't allow them their right to travel without giving them a vote. Of course, both parties know what they will vote for, which is why they are both excited to get them to the polls. The GOP bigwigs really don't care if they are a permanent minority party as long as they continue to get a cut of the loot.

Because in the PC world of 21st Century America, everyone must be given a voice! Democracy! Democracy! It's an important part of our democracy!

AuH20
04-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Playing up the Republicans is short-term thinking. What's your excuse?

We have a measure of control over the Republicans. Meanwhile, if you tried even a fraction of these measures with the dems they would slam the door in your face and laugh at you. Repubs are easily the lesser of two evils at this stage of the game. For example, take a look at the democrats handy work in California and the Northeast. That's the dystopian future my friend. I don't want that micromanaging, suffocating environment and will support the Republican Party as flawed as is, as a vehicle to slow down that inevitable destination.

The Free Hornet
04-23-2013, 09:42 PM
We have a measure of control over the Republicans.

You're holding your control detection meter backwards or possibly upside down.

BAllen
04-24-2013, 07:06 AM
We have a measure of control over the Republicans. Meanwhile, if you tried even a fraction of these measures with the dems they would slam the door in your face and laugh at you. Repubs are easily the lesser of two evils at this stage of the game. For example, take a look at the democrats handy work in California and the Northeast. That's the dystopian future my friend. I don't want that micromanaging, suffocating environment and will support the Republican Party as flawed as is, as a vehicle to slow down that inevitable destination.

That sums it up, alright. Good points.

QuickZ06
04-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Not sure they're all that comparable.

Even as a person with Indian roots, I live better in 2013 thanks, in large part, to Western culture. My standard of living is far better than that of my ancestors; the immigrants targeted by this legislation will have the opposite effect.

If you say so.....

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3131/wherethewhitemanwentwro.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/wherethewhitemanwentwro.jpg/)