PDA

View Full Version : 1hr Rally to 10 million for Tea Party

eric_cartman
11-25-2007, 09:20 AM
I had an idea for the 16th tea party:

at 11:00pm Eastern Time (EST), (8:00pm PST)... everyone who donated throughout the day look and see how much Ron Paul raised (either on the teaparty site or the ron paul site). If he raised the 10 million, we all crack open a beer and celebrate reaching this amazing goal.

However, on the chance that we don't quite make it to 10 million by 11pm EST, we have a 1 hour rally to push him over the top. If we see he's only made it to 7 or 8, we all throw in another $50 or whatever is needed. As it gets down to the wire, we need to make sure we hit that mark.

Not only will this be the largest amount of money raised in one day... but it could be the most money raised in one hour as well.

All ron paul supporters, coast to coast, will check out how much was raised over the day, and we'll have a good idea about how much more each of us will have to contribute if we fall a little short.

The danger of this strategy, is that some people might hold off on donating and wait until the end to donate during the special hour. If the teaparty organizers supports this idea, it must be made clear that all ron paul supporters donate what they can at some point during the day. Then check back at 11pm Eastern, 10pm Central, 9pm Mountain, and 8pm Pacific to see if we hit the 10 million mark or if we'll have to dig deep and have a last hour rally to put us over the top. The last hour donation is intended only for second donations... first donations are encouraged to be made during the day. Also encourage the first donation to be as large as possible, the last rally donation will probably only need to be like $20 if it is even needed at all.

from a technical point, this will put strains on the servers, so they would have to be able to handle the load for this to work.

I remember on the 5th watching and wondering if there will be a push for 5 million. But there was no real surge at the end. I would have contributed again if i had thought it would have helped reach a milestone number like 5 million, but i could tell from the graphs that this was not happening, so i didn't see any incentive to donate again.

I think if we get live graphs, podcasts, etc. going on the teaparty site... we could have a great nation wide, ron paul party on that sunday night, dec. 16th, 2007. We will no doubt be celebrating hitting the 10 million mark... and the 1 hour rally is to ensure that happens.

anyways... just an idea i had. it would need to be supported by the tea party site. it needs a new youtube video and stuff like that. so what do you guys think? good idea or not?

Kombaiyashii
11-25-2007, 09:38 AM
It's a very good idea but I am not in the position to make it official.