PDA

View Full Version : Fukushima Radiation Significantly Lower Than Expected

KingNothing
04-22-2013, 08:22 PM
http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/1484/20130419/fukushima-radiation-significantly-lower-expected-study.htm

"Findings suggest that the level of internal radiation exposure brought about by pollution from the soil within the Fukushima Prefecture is much less than originally believed. The amount is so negligible that it is difficult to imagine there being any risk to the health," said Ryugo Hayano, a professor at Tokyo University's Science Research Department who published the study in the English journal Proceedings of Japan Academy Series B89, which is available here.

Zippyjuan
04-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Wait- I thought babies on the West Coast of the US were even dying from the radiation.

klamath
04-22-2013, 08:33 PM
It is one hell of a wildlife refuge around Chernobal with no higher mutations or defects than unradiated populations.

KingNothing
04-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Wait- I thought babies on the West Coast of the US were even dying from the radiation.

I expect a factless "report" supporting that claim from Natural News to be posted by Donnay soon.

sailingaway
04-22-2013, 09:35 PM

that report was so messed up Babies had a thirty per cent INCREASE in the rate of thyroid cancer. so if one in a hundred did, now one and one third in a hundred do, or 13 out of a thousand instead of ten out of a thousand. They wrote it as if a third of the babies in CA were getting thyroid cancer.

However, I don't eat seafood nearly as much as I used to. They European radiation readings when it had already passed California were bad enough.

rose366
04-22-2013, 09:37 PM
I'am very sad

NewRightLibertarian
04-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Everything is fine. Go back to sleep. Toe the line. We will all be OK.

emazur
04-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Saw some interesting stories on that site in the "most popular" sidebar:
Eel Shoved Up Man's Anus Eats Its Way Through His Intestines (http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/1313/20130410/eel-shoved-up-mans-anus-eats-way-through-intestines-photos.htm)

Is NASA Wrong About Global Warming? Ex-Employees Speak Out (http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/1400/20130416/nasa-duping-washington-regards-global-warming.htm)

mad cow
04-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Saw some interesting stories on that site in the "most popular" sidebar:
Eel Shoved Up Man's Anus Eats Its Way Through His Intestines

"One in a million,Doc."

donnay
04-22-2013, 10:11 PM
This coming from a site with headlines:

Eel Shoved Up Man's Anus Eats Its Way Through His Intestines [PHOTOS]

:rolleyes:

jtstellar
04-23-2013, 03:40 AM
Everything is fine. Go back to sleep. Toe the line. We will all be OK.

one would think there requires just as much proof to proclaim "everything is going to shit" as opposed to "everything is fine". not even saying it must be either of those.

osan
04-23-2013, 05:26 AM
http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/1484/20130419/fukushima-radiation-significantly-lower-expected-study.htm

"Findings suggest that the level of internal radiation exposure brought about by pollution from the soil within the Fukushima Prefecture is much less than originally believed. The amount is so negligible that it is difficult to imagine there being any risk to the health," said Ryugo Hayano, a professor at Tokyo University's Science Research Department who published the study in the English journal Proceedings of Japan Academy Series B89, which is available here.

For one thing, I would not trust the words coming from the mouthpiece of anything even remotely related to government and in Japan pretty much all such institutions are so related.

That aside, radiation is not the first order threat in many cases. If you ingest a particle of plutonium it is the heavy metal poisoning that will get you, not the radiation. Always remember that the longer the half-life of an element, the less it radiates. The shorter, the more. The short-life elements are the ones that will burn you, but the long-life metals get you by poisoning and plutonium is perhaps the single most toxic metal on the chart. A very small amount pretty well dooms you to a longer or shorter term of degeneration.