PDA

View Full Version : Man Wearing Camo Shuts Down Philly Visitor's Center

green73
04-22-2013, 10:41 AM
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The Visitor’s Center on Independence Mall closed for a short period of time Sunday while police investigated a suspicious man.

Authorities say a man wearing a full camouflage suit inside the Visitor’s Center quickly drew the attention of police.

Philadelphia Police Lieutenant Joe McGarrey says they caught up with him inside a vehicle in the underground parking garage.

“The car was full of trash,” he said. “So as a precaution on the safe side, we cleared it with K-9, cleared it with the bomb squad.”

Nothing dangerous was found, but the man was taken into custody for questioning. No charges have been filed.

“Obviously, it’s the Visitor’s Center, Independence Mall,” McGarrey said. “We’re going to take every precaution necessary.”

The building has re-opened.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/04/21/man-in-custody-after-reports-of-suspicious-person-near-independence-visitor-center/

asurfaholic
04-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Wow I hope he sues the SHIT out of those thugs.

tangent4ronpaul
04-22-2013, 10:48 AM
I see guys in full cammo all the time.

They are either SWAT ninja's or active duty military.

-t

shane77m
04-22-2013, 10:49 AM
People wearing camo is a common site down here in the heart of dixie.

edit

the comments bellow the article are somewhat encouraging

kathy88
04-22-2013, 10:49 AM
This is completely and totally out of control.

Sola_Fide
04-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Maybe making cammo illegal will wake the People of WalMart up to liberty?

APAT Warrior
04-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Tyranny run amok. Need to put the leashes on these dogs.

kathy88
04-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Maybe making cammo illegal will wake the People of WalMart up to liberty?

You'd still have the wife beater asscrack sweat pants crowd, though....

tangent4ronpaul
04-22-2013, 11:21 AM
You'd still have the wife beater asscrack sweat pants crowd, though....

Some state recently passed a baggy pants ban...

Baggy Pants Law Will Fine Offenders In Louisiana Parish
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/14/baggy-pants-law-fine-louisiana_n_3080851.html

-t

04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
They will have to go to lockdown during hunting season now. :confused:

oyarde
04-22-2013, 11:30 AM
People wearing camo is a common site down here in the heart of dixie.

edit

the comments bellow the article are somewhat encouraging I just go with my regular clearance rack flannel shirt and fly right under the radar.

oyarde
04-22-2013, 11:30 AM

About time for full camo Turkey season ....

oyarde
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
My Turkey calling is not very good , I can only get the blind and stupid anyway , so I do not worry too much about my clothing :) Once I sit down in the dirt on my butt next to a tree, meh.lol

phill4paul
04-22-2013, 11:36 AM
When I work around the house I often wear camos. Today was my trash dump day also. Stopped to eat lunch at a pizza joint. Glad I wasn't tazed. One never knows leaving their property these days.

HOLLYWOOD
04-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Maybe making cammo illegal will wake the People of WalMart up to liberty?This is the plan... divide and separate 'THE STATE' from the civilian population.

tangent4ronpaul
04-22-2013, 11:48 AM

The Scary Looking Clothing Act of 2013

Summary: A "feel good" bill to criminalize scaring the sheeple by ones wardrobe choice.

Definitions: A scary looking garment is defined as a shirt, pants, jacket or T-shirt that might reasonably be expected to alarm a sheeple.
These include garmets that:
1) are in a cammo pattern
2) are in SWAT black
3) contain a un-PC message or logo, for example "NRA".

Garments are restricted individually if they contain more than any two of the following characteristics:
1) more than 4 pockets
2) more than 2 reinforced sections, generally elbows, shoulders, butt, knees, etc.
3) Draw strings around ankles or wrists.
4) embedded or attachable hoodie
5) velcro to attach patches.

If more than one garment is worn at the same time, the number of characteristics for all items is increased to 3.

The wearing of any of the above mentioned garments in combination with any of the following is banned:
1) tactical boots or any heavy boot
2) a military style belt
3) any form of mask

-t

Keith and stuff
04-22-2013, 12:22 PM
People don't wear camo in PA? I'm pretty sure it's 1 of the biggest hunting states in the US and the place with the most deer I've ever seen is the part of PA right outside of Philly.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2013, 12:35 PM
See Something Say Something

sailingaway
04-22-2013, 12:43 PM
a homeless guy (or a guy traveling long distance and not too tidy with the fast food wraps) wears camo so lets clear the visitor's center with a K-9?

I hope the dog had fun. I don't see much else good of this.

04-22-2013, 02:27 PM
People don't wear camo in PA? I'm pretty sure it's 1 of the biggest hunting states in the US and the place with the most deer I've ever seen is the part of PA right outside of Philly.

There's really 2 Pennsylvanias, Pittsburgh and Philly and the rest of the state. Camo in the big cities gets liberal panties in a bunch.

jbauer
04-22-2013, 02:33 PM
a homeless guy (or a guy traveling long distance and not too tidy with the fast food wraps) wears camo so lets clear the visitor's center with a K-9?

I hope the dog had fun. I don't see much else good of this.

But they get to file a report so when it comes time to approve their spending next year they get to talk about a potential terrorist they stopped.

catfeathers
04-22-2013, 07:25 PM
My hubby said probably a homeless vet living out of his car.

ronpaulfollower999
04-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Lol. My friend wears full camo all the time. People are so stupid. But hey, keep telling yourself the terrorist didn't win.

satchelmcqueen
04-22-2013, 09:09 PM
i used to wear it all the time when i was younger. it was common around here. its very comfortable, so i wore it.