PDA

View Full Version : CLAIM: Boston Bomber's last message on Facebook: "They set me up"

green73
04-22-2013, 04:36 AM
This picture is doing the rounds online. We are unable to verify its authenticity.

http://static.prisonplanet.com/images/220413facebook_bomber.jpg

http://www.prisonplanet.com/claim-boston-bomber-last-message-on-facebook-to-his-father-i-have-never-done-it-they-set-me-up.html

Constitutional Paulicy
04-22-2013, 04:40 AM
Prison Planet.com
April 22, 2013

This picture is doing the rounds online. We are unable to verify its authenticity.

It would be rather easy to establish a bogus account and use an image that was circulating in the media.

Ranger29860
04-22-2013, 04:43 AM
Fake. When his name got released to the public the first thing people did was look up possible facebook and twitter accounts and the like. That account did not exist at the time and I highly doubt he had time while he was bleeding hiding in a boat to post on there and grab the picture. Same thing happened with the twitter account that was faked while he was on the run. It actually had a posting of "you killed my brother so now I am going to kill all of you" Which a cursory glance would tell you the account was fake. But even the police fell for it and relayed the threat over the radio. Also fox cnn and other channels reported that when it was clear it was a very very distasteful joke.

Mani
04-22-2013, 04:50 AM
Fake. When his name got released to the public the first thing people did was look up possible facebook and twitter accounts and the like. That account did not exist at the time and I highly doubt he had time while he was bleeding hiding in a boat to post on there and grab the picture. Same thing happened with the twitter account that was faked while he was on the run. It actually had a posting of "you killed my brother so now I am going to kill all of you" Which a cursory glance would tell you the account was fake. But even the police fell for it and relayed the threat over the radio. Also fox cnn and other channels reported that when it was clear it was a very very distasteful joke.

What? You don't think he was typing that message while he laid in a pool of blood with his iPhone...He had several hours to kill...What else to do?

Angry Birds....tended to his crops one last time on Farmville...played one last round of candy crush...reached a new level on bubble safari...

OK, maybe not...FAKE.

tangent4ronpaul
04-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Funny, the last thing Dorner posted on his Facebook was that he didn't do it, he'd been set up and he was just trying to clear his name.

In both cases, a "drill" was going on when things broke out.

how do you know his FB was new? FB took it down, but not before the press saw a lot of content on it.

-t

Mani
04-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Just thinking of FB reminded me of the Sunil kid......one minute he's missing from His family......the next minutes he's a Boston bomber and cop killer, and then a missing kid again....that's got to be rough on the family.

CaptUSA
04-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Same thing happened with the twitter account that was faked while he was on the run. It actually had a posting of "you killed my brother so now I am going to kill all of you" Which a cursory glance would tell you the account was fake. But even the police fell for it and relayed the threat over the radio. Also fox cnn and other channels reported that when it was clear it was a very very distasteful joke.At the time, I was thinking they were reporting this as a way to get the cops all riled up to shoot on sight. Silly, reporters, you don't have to get the cops riled up to do this....