PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity

sailingaway
04-21-2013, 11:18 PM
http://media.washtimes.com/media/community/viewpoint/entry/2013/04/21/ronpaul_s640x427.jpg?73b8e21685896c3f2859310aaa5ad b253919b641

In the lead up to the Iraq War, many conservative think tanks abetted President Bush in his effort to persuade Americans that the government of Iraq represented a threat to stability throughout the world. No think tank was more persistent in its push for war than the American Enterprise Institute. President Bush commented on the influence that the Institute had inside his Administration in 2003 when he addressed its members at a dinner to commemorate the late Irving Kristol: “You do such good work that my Administration has borrowed 20 such minds.”

Soon after the war began, neoconservative columnist Charles Krauthammer delivered an address at the American Enterprise Institute’s 2004 annual dinner in which he declared Americans “have acquired the largest seeming empire in the history of the world.” Now, ten years later, the Iraq War is considered by the majority of Americans to have been not worth the cost in blood. Observers of the American Enterprise Institute have noticed that many hard line neoconservatives have been purged from their positions since 2008, but the damage of the policies they have instituted still effect America today.

President Obama has continued to embroil the nation in more conflicts overseas in the years since the previous Administration departed. However, this week a new Institute emerged, founded by former Congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul, offering an alternative to Washington’s current foreign policy discussions. Paul’s new Institute, The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity, seeks not only to challenge neoconservative and hawkish rhetoric, but will attempt to unite conservatives, liberals, progressives, libertarians and the American people towards a more sensible approach to foreign affairs.

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/remnant/2013/apr/21/ron-pauls-peaceful-institute/#ixzz2R90pxa93

more, and internal links, at link

sailingaway
04-21-2013, 11:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEzvp1NCYAE-D7H.jpg:large

sailingaway
04-22-2013, 01:44 PM
some good stuff on twitter today:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIes7n4CIAERZpg.jpg:large

Okie RP fan
04-23-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm surprised that this hasn't sprouted up some legs. The announcement has been fairly quiet. Has anyone become a member yet? If so, what do you think so far?

Okie RP fan
04-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Nobody, eh?

Hosers.

sailingaway
04-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Nobody, eh?

Hosers.

LOL! Have you ?

I will. I hadn't yet, I guess I was waiting to see what they are doing, I hoped for a response to Boston, to be honest, but they had a lot to do for the launch. I am also wondering how involved Ron is going to be. I remember at the beginning of C4L he was always giving us updates and stuff. I'd love to see that sort of thing on foreign policy issues and civil liberties as issues arise.

Okie RP fan
04-23-2013, 10:55 PM
LOL! Have you ?

I will. I hadn't yet, I guess I was waiting to see what they are doing, I hoped for a response to Boston, to be honest, but they had a lot to do for the launch. I am also wondering how involved Ron is going to be. I remember at the beginning of C4L he was always giving us updates and stuff. I'd love to see that sort of thing on foreign policy issues and civil liberties as issues arise.

Haha, I knew that would grab someone's attention.

No, I haven't yet because I'm still skeptical since it's so new and the launch was so quiet (I would have expected emails sent out and at least a buzz about this). I only know of this because I go to Tom Woods' site almost daily. I really would like to join and probably will soon, just want to wait a little bit. It seems like it can be promising institution for learning. And by the looks of it, appears to me like it will be geared more towards foreign policy discussion. Which would be great.

And about C4L... are people quietly walking away from them? I've heard all over the place that there's been some possible infiltration of the neocon bug. Just saying what I've heard. It seems to me that they're really trying to stay active, but are in need of funding.

sailingaway
04-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Haha, I knew that would grab someone's attention.

No, I haven't yet because I'm still skeptical since it's so new and the launch was so quiet (I would have expected emails sent out and at least a buzz about this). I only know of this because I go to Tom Woods' site almost daily. I really would like to join and probably will soon, just want to wait a little bit. It seems like it can be promising institution for learning. And by the looks of it, appears to me like it will be geared more towards foreign policy discussion. Which would be great.

And about C4L... are people quietly walking away from them? I've heard all over the place that there's been some possible infiltration of the neocon bug. Just saying what I've heard. It seems to me that they're really trying to stay active, but are in need of funding.

I don't need to 'walk away', but I am overall trying to figure out what is going on, and where Ron's message is going to be most pushed, because that is what I personally am interested in. Of Ron's projects, I'm trying to see which will be most like Ron, and I'm really hopeful about the RPI, but I am kinda trying to see what it intends to do, on an activism front, to see what scope for activism it will have. I'm just not really clear on how it will be set up for that, and how grass roots will fit in.

Feeding the Abscess
04-24-2013, 08:54 AM
http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/neocons-attack-ron-paul-peace-institute/

sailingaway
04-24-2013, 09:40 AM
http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/neocons-attack-ron-paul-peace-institute/

Nice to see that the Daily Caller is doing their dirty work. That explains why I just saw this huge attack on Blaze of ROTHBARD, not a topic of conversation there, typically, linked through Lew to Ron (they didn't have to be that circular, but they wanted to put some of Lew's opinions in there too). I figured out pretty early in my investigation of Ron that all they had to smear him with was his appreciation of others for their good points, and tolerance of areas where they might disagree. Attack through association.

And some think Daily Caller is a libertarian news source. Last I was aware, libertarianism rejected collectivism.

Feeding the Abscess
04-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Nice to see that the Daily Caller is doing their dirty work. That explains why I just saw this huge attack on Blaze of ROTHBARD, not a topic of conversation there, typically, linked through Lew to Ron (they didn't have to be that circular, but they wanted to put some of Lew's opinions in there too). I figured out pretty early in my investigation of Ron that all they had to smear him with was his appreciation of others for their good points, and tolerance of areas where they might disagree. Attack through association.

And some think Daily Caller is a libertarian news source. Last I was aware, libertarianism rejected collectivism.

link?