PDA

View Full Version : Dzhokhar suicide attempt caused throat wound?

mad cow
04-21-2013, 09:38 AM
CBS News correspondent John Miller reports: 'They say it appears from the wound that he might have stuck a gun in his mouth, and fired and actually just went out the back of his neck without killing him.
'That's one of the reasons he's unable to communicate, but he can understand what they're saying. And they believe there will be a point where he will be able to talk to him.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312486/Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev-Boston-bombing-suspect-gun-mouth-fired-botched-suicide-attempt.html#ixzz2R72LjOfR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

More at link.

JK/SEA
04-21-2013, 09:44 AM
huh?...wtf?....omg....and BS.

Bruno
04-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Or the interrogator slipped the trigger finger.

/s?

bolil
04-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Coulda also happened when the cops perforated the boat.

angelatc
04-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Where's that picture of him climbing out of the boat??

http://www.nodeju.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/dzokhar-Tsarnaev-climbs-out-of-boat.jpg

Neil Desmond
04-21-2013, 09:54 AM
huh?...wtf?....omg....and BS.

To articulate my reaction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avYnhH95u_0

donnay
04-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Where's that picture of him climbing out of the boat??

http://www.nodeju.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/dzokhar-Tsarnaev-climbs-out-of-boat.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-2311443-1965519A000005DC-483_964x542.jpg

Source:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311443/Boston-bomber-caught-Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev-captured-ALIVE-hiding-inside-BOAT.html

angelatc
04-21-2013, 10:00 AM
OK, am I alone here in thinking that his neck area seems to be the only area that isn't blood soaked?

Paulistinian
04-21-2013, 10:34 AM
His neck looks fine to me.

awake
04-21-2013, 10:41 AM
If that picture is legit...My goodness we are soooo being made for brainless sloths.

If they shot him in the neck to have him die in transport, or just at the hospital like his brother then taking him alive was probably an error that could not be undone once it happened.

Aratus
04-21-2013, 11:06 AM
I think the percussion grenades slowly incapacitated him, we see that he had dodged them initially.
if he indeed had a concussion on top of the slow blood loss all day, and had tried to shoot himself...

YesI'mALiberal
04-21-2013, 11:35 AM
It's funny - on that Daily Mail page, the very first picture - the biggest, most prominent, headliner picture - shows them treating his neck!

You folks are laughable.

Aratus
04-21-2013, 11:41 AM
didn't Will Rogers once say something sorta like
" all I know is what I read in the newspapers..."
there are days when we weigh one account against
the other and hope we are not being totally lied to.

Michigan11
04-21-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't know people, but the pic of him getting out of the boat, looks like his head is literally "hanging" on his body as if he does have a neck injury, and it seems if he did shoot himself in the back of the neck, you can't see the back of his neck in that pic. You know what I mean?

Aratus
04-21-2013, 11:51 AM
any nearby metal object might possibly have a nasty ricochet effect, and we can debate the origin points of the hail of bullets.
he might have been hit by a metal fragment while in the boat, and did not deliberately try to kill himself, he did move about...

kcchiefs6465
04-21-2013, 12:22 PM
It's funny - on that Daily Mail page, the very first picture - the biggest, most prominent, headliner picture - shows them treating his neck!

You folks are laughable.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?411944-US-Pledges-Another-100-Million-to-Syrian-Rebels

MelissaWV
04-21-2013, 01:24 PM
In closer photos it does appear like he has a head/neck injury (note: he was lying down a whole lot of the time so it would not have necessarily soaked the front of his shirt or anything). The odd part is a description of it being caused by a suicide-by-swallowing-a-gun. It seems more likely he got nicked during one of the two previous firefights and was weak from blood loss.

Frankly, I'm not keen on believing either media on this one - MSM or alternative.

phill4paul
04-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Seems to me that if suicide was his intent then "if at first you don't succeed then try, try again."

PaulConventionWV
04-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Coulda also happened when the cops perforated the boat.

I find that less likely if the wound really does seem to go out the back of the neck. They would have had to hit his open mouth in order to make it look like that.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-21-2013, 03:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIQl3lxCMAAhEJm.jpg:large

sailingaway
04-21-2013, 03:46 PM
I really can't get into the speculation without evidence, I do want to see what comes out of that radio interview 'eye witness' about the brother, but I did just see pictures of the boat on twitter and the only blood I could see was on the fender as if it got there when he got out. Now he could have been holding a shirt or something tight to wherever a wound was and only had to drop it as he raised his hands to walk out, but I was surprised at the picture.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/760897122.jpg

http://twitpic.com/cl0nz6

but honestly, I don't know the provence of any of these pictures, and I would want to know.

angelatc
04-21-2013, 04:06 PM

You folks are laughable.

This is one of many reasons I hate liberals. You have a whole 3 posts, and feel entitled to be a prick? It looked to me like they were giving him some breathing bag.

You don't belong here, by the way. You should have just called yourself "YesImATroll."

amy31416
04-22-2013, 03:32 PM
This is one of many reasons I hate liberals. You have a whole 3 posts, and feel entitled to be a prick? It looked to me like they were giving him some breathing bag.

You don't belong here, by the way. You should have just called yourself "YesImATroll."

Meh. She or he is probably just angry that Obama's such a failure from both a liberal and a progressive standpoint that she needs someone to yell at.

VBRonPaulFan
04-22-2013, 03:47 PM
if he stuck a gun down his throat and pulled the trigger, i'd imagine he'd be missing quite a few front upper teeth from the recoil.

S.Shorland
04-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Miss Piggy 'Hai-Ya'd' his throat

ClydeCoulter
04-22-2013, 03:55 PM
if he stuck a gun down his throat and pulled the trigger, i'd imagine he'd be missing quite a few front upper teeth from the recoil.

And a bit of bone and spinal column, unless he's a really bad shot that close.

edit: But who knows, this whole thing is just ridiculous

Spikender
04-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Meh. She or he is probably just angry that Obama's such a failure from both a liberal and a progressive standpoint that she needs someone to yell at.

Failure from the liberal and progressive standpoint, and exactly what we expected from the liberty standpoint.

Zippyjuan
04-22-2013, 04:01 PM
In the neck would be a weird place to try to shoot yourself if you wanted to commit suicide. Usually that would be the head or the heart (Junior Seau shot himself in the chest). If you put a gun in your mouth to kill yourself, you aim it up towards the brain- not to the back of the throat.

PaulConventionWV
04-22-2013, 04:12 PM
And a bit of bone and spinal column, unless he's a really bad shot that close.

edit: But who knows, this whole thing is just ridiculous

If he had hit the spinal column, he would be dead. It is conceivable that he could have missed it.

PaulConventionWV
04-22-2013, 04:13 PM
In the neck would be a weird place to try to shoot yourself if you wanted to commit suicide. Usually that would be the head or the heart (Junior Seau shot himself in the chest). If you put a gun in your mouth to kill yourself, you aim it up towards the brain- not to the back of the throat.

He's obviously not very good at committing suicide. You'd almost think he'd never done it before.

phill4paul
04-22-2013, 04:18 PM

All true. Which is why I don't think he attempted suicide. If he had enough strength to climb out of the boat he had enough strength to try and kill himself again. Hell, e could have even tried suicide by cop. This is one aspect of the official story that I'm gonna have to just say doesn't make ANY sense.

Spikender
04-22-2013, 04:18 PM
He's obviously not very good at committing suicide. You'd almost think he'd never done it before.

Practice makes perfect.

When you fail, just try, try again.

ClydeCoulter
04-22-2013, 04:21 PM
If he had hit the spinal column, he would be dead. It is conceivable that he could have missed it.

Obviously, that was the point.

thoughtomator
04-22-2013, 04:23 PM
All true. Which is why I don't think he attempted suicide. If he had enough strength to climb out of the boat he had enough strength to try and kill himself again. Hell, e could have even tried suicide by cop. This is one aspect of the official story that I'm gonna have to just say doesn't make ANY sense.

I agree. It sure looks like he sustained that wound AFTER he got out of the boat.

tangent4ronpaul
04-22-2013, 04:24 PM

OH, come on! - haven't you ever seen "Fight Club"? DHS/FBI, obviously has...

The oral cavity actually guides the gun barrel in the perfect direction. It would devastate the cerebral cortex and sever C1 and C2. That equals death. Unless he's really out of it from blood loss and aimed really, really bad.

C1 and C2 are vertebra. You have to get below C4, I believe to avoid severing critical life support functions and simply paralyze a person. The cervical nerves that tell your lungs to breath and heart to beat are in that area...

-t

Zippyjuan
04-22-2013, 04:25 PM
The neck injury could could also have come from the shootout the day before or bullets fired that night at the boat though suicide attempt has not been ruled out. He did have other wounds as well.

CNN describes it as a wound to the side of his neck:

Tsarnaev, 19, remains in serious but stable condition with a gunshot wound to the side of the neck, a federal law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN on Sunday.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/21/us/boston-attack

ABC says the bullet missed the windpipe and arteries :
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/04/22/alleged-bombers-neck-wound-missed-vital-arteries/

The bullet that sliced through the neck of Boston Marathon bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev likely missed his major arteries and windpipe, experts said.

Otherwise, he would have been dead within minutes.

“If you think about it, [the neck has] got a lot of very important structures in a very small, confined space,” said Dr. Elliott Haut, a professor of surgery at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

About 20 percent of the blood from the heart goes to the brain via the carotid artery, which is about as thick as a thumb and is located in the neck . Haut said injuring it could cause a patient to bleed out in about five minutes. The jugular vein, which carries used blood back down from the brain, is also in the neck and could be life-threatening if damaged.

“When we talk about survivability, the main thing we’re talking about is bleeding,” said Dr. Gaelyn Garrett of the Vanderbilt Voice Center, many of whose patients have self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head. “The fact that he was able to climb out of the boat makes you think that he did not have an acutely life threatening wound.”

Tsarnaev, 19, was taken into custody Friday night after being cornered in a backyard boat in Watertown. He was bleeding heavily and a federal complaint said he was wounded in the head, the neck, legs and hand.

Investigators have not been able to determine whether head and neck wounds were self-inflicted, sources told ABC News.

Since he climbed out of the boat his spine would not have been damaged.

TER
04-22-2013, 04:30 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/760897122.jpg

Judging by this picture, it would seem that he got shot in the boat, either by himself or by the barrage of lead which went flying into the side of the boat.

Indeed, like he got up the second he was injured.

tangent4ronpaul
04-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I would imagine that a gunshot going off in the mouth would rupture a lot of aloverii (sp?) and probably collapse several lobes in the lungs, leading to massive internal bleeding.

If this in fact happened, I seriously doubt he would be alive.

-t

dancjm
04-22-2013, 04:35 PM
For what it is worth I saw it reported at the time that they thought he was struck in the neck by something when a flash-bang went off.

TER
04-22-2013, 04:36 PM
I would imagine that a gunshot going off in the mouth would rupture a lot of aloverii (sp?) and probably collapse several lobes in the lungs, leading to massive internal bleeding.

If this in fact happened, I seriously doubt he would be alive.

-t

Alveoli are found in the lungs. A bullet transecting his neck would not injure alveoli but would hit some major vessels and nerves. Either way, it still is possible he did it to himself. But I think it was caused by gunfire into the boat.

TER
04-22-2013, 04:40 PM
For what it is worth I saw it reported at the time that they thought he was struck in the neck by something when a flash-bang went off.

Was that report earlier in the day?

TER
04-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Okay, I just found it. The flash bombs were thrown in the boat. Could be from that. Either way, the official story does not add up.

tangent4ronpaul
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Alveoli are found in the lungs. A bullet transecting his neck would not injure alveoli but would hit some major vessels and nerves. Either way, it still is possible he did it to himself. But I think it was caused by gunfire into the boat.

I'm talking about the rapid and massive expansion of gas being thrust down his wind pipe blowing out the alveoli. The lungs are not set up to deal with that. Gunshot going off in mouth...

Look up blast injuries. This sort of thing is common when people are near HE going off, and generally die from it. Though exterior crush injuries also help.

-t

TER
04-22-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm talking about the rapid and massive expansion of gas being thrust down his wind pipe blowing out the alveoli. The lungs are not set up to deal with that. Gunshot going off in mouth...

Look up blast injuries. This sort of thing is common when people are near HE going off, and generally die from it. Though exterior crush injuries also help.

-t

I have seen plenty of people shot in the neck and they almost never have lung injury, so I find it hard to believe what your saying. Are you an expert in blast injuries? Or perhaps you are stuck in the notion that he put his head back, opened his mouth, and aimed the gun directly down his throat in order to kill himself? That is a very awkward way to do it and something not commonly done.

TER
04-22-2013, 04:58 PM
I think that you make a good point though if the gun is directly in the mouth, the gas can cause lung injury now that I think over what you said. I wonder how much bleeding that would cause... It seems like a lot of blood on the side of the boat.

tangent4ronpaul
04-22-2013, 05:02 PM
I have seen plenty of people shot in the neck and they almost never have lung injury, so I find it hard to believe what your saying. Are you an expert in blast injuries? Or perhaps you are stuck in the notion that he put his head back, opened his mouth, and aimed the gun directly down his throat in order to kill himself? That is a very awkward way to do it and something not commonly done.

I think that you make a good point though if the gun is directly in the mouth, the gas can cause lung injury now that I think over what you said. I wonder how much bleeding that would cause... It seems like a lot of blood on the side of the boat.

Yes, I am talking about gun IN mouth - as the media is speculating.

Most of the blood would be contained in the body.

-t

Ranger29860
04-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Yes, I am talking about gun IN mouth - as the media is speculating.

Most of the blood would be contained in the body.

-t

Key word there is speculating :P

tangent4ronpaul
04-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Key word there is speculating :P

Agree, If it happened, the guy would almost certainly be pushing daisies...

Unless you live in Hollyweird and/or have watched "Fight Club"...

-t

ClydeCoulter
04-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Agree, If it happened, the guy would almost certainly be pushing daisies...

Unless you live in Hollyweird and/or have watched "Fight Club"...

-t

Wow, I knew what you were talking about many posts back (original post on it). Sometimes it's like talking to little kids. :)

edit: I started to intervene, but it looked like you were having too much fun :D

TER
04-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Wow, I knew what you were talking about many posts back (original post on it). Sometimes it's like talking to little kids. :)

edit: I started to intervene, but it looked like you were having too much fun :D

I'll try to catch up!