PDA

View Full Version : Now, does anybody really doubt that an armed drone will be used on US soil soon?

Anti Federalist
04-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Last question before I leave for the evening.

Is there really any doubt anymore?

Only a matter of time, until one is available and armed.

It will be used.

Origanalist
04-20-2013, 11:35 PM

It will be used.

No.

WM_in_MO
04-20-2013, 11:37 PM
They wouldn't work so hard to have it as an option if they didn't plan on using it. I vote yes.

Origanalist
04-20-2013, 11:40 PM
They wouldn't work so hard to have it as an option if they didn't plan on using it. I vote yes.

What I meant was no, I have no doubt they will.

DGambler
04-20-2013, 11:41 PM
By the end of the year... Next big event will probably happen in the summer, that's my guess.

VoluntaryAmerican
04-21-2013, 12:01 AM

It will be used.

Yes. I have doubts.

Thanks to Rand Paul who took political flak to set a clear boundary on the issue. If it does happen it'll probably be after Obama's presidency.

DamianTV
04-21-2013, 01:31 AM
What is the difference between an officer flying a drone remotely and using that remote drone to cause the end of life of an American Citizen, and the same officer just shooting a suspect at point blank range?

My answer? There is no difference.

Once the first American is killed by a drone, the next will follow very soon after, and become more and more frequent until we hear about it as frequently as we currently hear 'death by cop', even in the MSM.

Origanalist
04-21-2013, 10:28 AM
Yes. I have doubts.

Thanks to Rand Paul who took political flak to set a clear boundary on the issue. If it does happen it'll probably be after Obama's presidency.

Not trying to be snide, but since when do they stay within boundaries?

ronpaulfollower999
04-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Yes. I have doubts.

If it wasn't for that jerk off Rand, we could've just fired a couple hellfire missels at Boston, and celebrate the death of 600,000 insurgents.

ctiger2
04-21-2013, 10:46 AM
#duh

JK/SEA
04-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Its already happened. Does this count?

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/10733/police-drop-bomb-on-radicals-home-in-philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA, May 13-A state police helicopter this evening dropped a bomb on a house occupied by an armed group after a 24-hour siege involving gun battles. A 90 -minute shootout this morning came after a week of growing tension between the city and the group, known as Move. Residents in the western Philadelphia neighborhood had complained about the group for years. The only known survivors from within the house were a woman and a child. The fire spread to 50 to 60 other houses in the neighborhood, said the Fire Commissioner, William Richmond. He declared the fire under control about 11:40 P.M.

heavenlyboy34
04-21-2013, 10:51 AM
What is the difference between an officer flying a drone remotely and using that remote drone to cause the end of life of an American Citizen, and the same officer just shooting a suspect at point blank range?

Once the first American is killed by a drone, the next will follow very soon after, and become more and more frequent until we hear about it as frequently as we currently hear 'death by cop', even in the MSM.
I suspect it will start in the poor neighborhoods so it won't seem as bad to Boobus. Eventually other people will be conditioned to accept it. :(

heavenlyboy34
04-21-2013, 10:52 AM

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/10733/police-drop-bomb-on-radicals-home-in-philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA, May 13-A state police helicopter this evening dropped a bomb on a house occupied by an armed group after a 24-hour siege involving gun battles. A 90 -minute shootout this morning came after a week of growing tension between the city and the group, known as Move. Residents in the western Philadelphia neighborhood had complained about the group for years. The only known survivors from within the house were a woman and a child. The fire spread to 50 to 60 other houses in the neighborhood, said the Fire Commissioner, William Richmond. He declared the fire under control about 11:40 P.M.IMO, no. Helicopters aren't drones.

muh_roads
04-21-2013, 11:25 AM

Depressing. I fear this is correct.

Anti Federalist
04-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Thanks for bringing that up, the MOVE bombings a forgotten chapter of militarized police abuse.

But no, I don't consider that a drone strike.

You're still rather "up close and personal" to the action.

As opposed to a drone strike carried out by operators, soon to be computers, from thousands of miles away.

PHILADELPHIA, May 13-A state police helicopter this evening dropped a bomb on a house occupied by an armed group after a 24-hour siege involving gun battles. A 90 -minute shootout this morning came after a week of growing tension between the city and the group, known as Move. Residents in the western Philadelphia neighborhood had complained about the group for years. The only known survivors from within the house were a woman and a child. The fire spread to 50 to 60 other houses in the neighborhood, said the Fire Commissioner, William Richmond. He declared the fire under control about 11:40 P.M.

Aratus
04-21-2013, 12:13 PM
AF...

Rand
spoke
for 12
hours.
if only
you were
in our
senate!
you'd
have
done
likewise!

Aratus
04-21-2013, 12:15 PM
they did roll or toss some percussion flash grenades at the boat...
had they several small remote control model planes with a drop
mechanism, a more modern remote drone could have been easily
approximated. we sorta expect to be snooped on by "big brother"
but not bombed back to the stone age by our own "uncle sam" ~!!!

JK/SEA
04-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks for bringing that up, the MOVE bombings a forgotten chapter of militarized police abuse.

But no, I don't consider that a drone strike.

You're still rather "up close and personal" to the action.

As opposed to a drone strike carried out by operators, soon to be computers, from thousands of miles away.

Agreed, however, it set a precedent of using flying machines to deliver a lethal blow on American citizens without any regards to innocent neighbors or bystanders.

So yes, i think we will be seeing actual drone kills sometime in the near future.

Anti Federalist
04-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Agreed, however, it set a precedent of using flying machines to deliver a lethal blow on American citizens without any regards to innocents.

True that, and they used helicopter door gunners in the Waco attack as well.

Lit the place up with no regard for anybody inside.

War on Us.