PDA

View Full Version : "Boston chaos wrecks first immigration hearing"

sailingaway
04-20-2013, 09:12 PM
at least that was Big Sis's excuse for leaving before Senators could question her.

The terror attacks in Boston wrecked plans for a quick Friday hearing on immigration reform and prompted Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to withdraw from the high-profile hearing.

Her withdrawal denied Republican Sens. Jeff Sessions and Chuck Grassley — both opponents of the pending Senate immigration bill — the chance to chance to speak to public worries about terrorism’s relation to the 844-page bill.

“We’re here trying to understand why these events have occurred … so this hearing is an opportunity to focus on the issues at hand,” said Grassley, the lead Republican on the judiciary panel.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/19/boston-chaos-wrecks-first-immigration-hearing/#ixzz2R2zBWm9M

they are now having a continued hearing Monday. I don't know if she will be there or not.

The attempt to ram something through like this is proof of how little 'representation of the people' goes on up there, this tactic was business as usual. My concerns are more economic and forced dependency on services to be rationed already, such as education and health care, with chain migration, but I think it is great they weren't able to close the door on hearings before people even had a chance to read the bill.

UMULAS
04-20-2013, 10:13 PM

sailingaway
04-20-2013, 10:30 PM
immigration =/= terrorism

Yeah, I said this wasn't my concern with the bill. No security is perfect. But these particular people had gotten asylum apparently, and that is what is being brought up.