PDA

View Full Version : Hacked: @60Minutes:The American people must stop their government, before the whole world

sailingaway
04-20-2013, 09:03 PM
60Minutes' twitter account was hacked.

@60Minutes: The American people must stop their government, before the whole world is destroyed

For about an hour. It has now been suspended.

CBS News ‏@CBSNews now
RT @CBSMatt: Update: We've suspended the 60 Minutes account while we investigate with Twitter.

sailingaway
04-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Here were some of the tweets while it lasted:

Redacted ‏@FoolishReporter now
“@60Minutes: the actual Boston bombers caught on camera. Professionals under US regime protection pic.twitter.com/HffawRyFyr”
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIV9mR1CQAAFAbw.jpg

people on twitter were saying it was the best 60minutes information ever....

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew now
60 Minutes was hacked. pic.twitter.com/BodV8np7YH
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIV7nvCCUAAQcZl.jpg

sailingaway
04-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Billy Corben ‏@BillyCorben 3h
.@60Minutes twitter account hacked, tweets: "Obama is Shamelessly in Bed with Al-Qaeda" pic.twitter.com/uHz0eLO6iG
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIUbQK9CUAEE_m9.jpg:large

juleswin
04-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Bravo to who ever pulled this off. This sorta like V hijacking the TV station in V for Vendetta. \o/

sailingaway
04-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Amash retweeted one! Not from his congressional account:

Justin Amash ‏@justinamash now
Wha? “@60Minutes: Your duty is to protect your nation from the parasites that have taken your government”

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/325802782785404928

Tinnuhana
04-20-2013, 10:02 PM
larouchepac?

Inkblots
04-20-2013, 10:07 PM
larouchepac?

Sounds about right. Those folks have never heard a conspiracy theory they didn't believe.

ronpaulfollower999
04-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Glenn Beck.

Inkblots
04-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Sounds like an outfit calling itself the "Syrian Cyber Army" has claimed responsibility for breaking into the account:
http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2013/04/60_minutes_twitter_feed_hacked_syria.html

sailingaway
04-20-2013, 10:12 PM
I have no idea who it was, but it was hilarious.

Inkblots
04-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Bravo to who ever pulled this off. This sorta like V hijacking the TV station in V for Vendetta. \o/

Why would you applaud someone hijacking the virtual property of another? Identity theft is not an acceptable form of activism. And the fact that most of what they posted were discredited conspiracy theories isn't laudable either.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Why would you applaud someone hijacking the virtual property of another? Identity theft is not an acceptable form of activism. And the fact that most of what they posted were discredited conspiracy theories isn't laudable either.

You must be one of those people who think the revolution is going to be won by getting 51% of the vote. I'll see you in 2030 when you're still saying: "There's always 2034!"

muh_roads
04-20-2013, 10:39 PM
I hope people saved off the pictures. The twitter links are dead now. This is awesome.

ClydeCoulter
04-20-2013, 10:41 PM

In a perfect world, I would agree.

Carson
04-20-2013, 10:43 PM

But isn't the question, "Is it a proper use of humor?" :D

muh_roads
04-20-2013, 10:43 PM

They're taking our property and purchasing power every day.

Grow a pair.

Lafayette
04-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Here were some of the tweets while it lasted:

Redacted ‏@FoolishReporter now
“@60Minutes: the actual Boston bombers caught on camera. Professionals under US regime protection pic.twitter.com/HffawRyFyr”
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIV9mR1CQAAFAbw.jpg

people on twitter were saying it was the best 60minutes information ever....

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew now
60 Minutes was hacked. pic.twitter.com/BodV8np7YH
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIV7nvCCUAAQcZl.jpg

This was posted over in the comments at ZeroHedge, its about the agents/contractors in the pic tweeted above.
I know i know its Alex Jones, but these guys just scream "we are up to no good"

http://www.infowars.com/contractors-at-boston-marathon-stood-near-bomb-left-before-detonation/

WhistlinDave
04-20-2013, 11:39 PM
These pictures of these guys from Craft International are all over the place. Doesn't matter if the tweets were shut down; I'm guessing there are tens of thousands of people at the very least, who have already saved a lot of this stuff.

I applaud whoever did this act of peaceful resistance. Ghandi and Martin Luther King would probably be proud of them.

bolil
04-20-2013, 11:42 PM

lold

The Goat
04-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Bravo!

WhistlinDave
04-21-2013, 12:17 AM

To equate this with identity theft, and the way that can destroy a person's life, is quite a stretch. No one was harmed, no one's credit was ruined, no one's life was ruined, no one had to spend months or years trying to repair damage, no one's reputation was likely even harmed. This is not "identity theft." This is a hacked Twitter account in which the hacker impersonated a news organization for a little while to put out information that our media is negligent in their investigation of.

Furthermore, how can you say, "discredited conspiracy theories"? We do not know what the truth is yet. We were not there. Clearly there are a lot of theories flying around, and not all of them will be correct, but to throw out a blanket proclamation that you know what's true and what isn't, or what has been "discredited" and what hasn't, seems a bit overreaching to me.

Lastly, our own government will be the first to say, when undertaking missions of questionable moral turpitude, "The end justifies the means." So philosophically speaking at least, our own government would certainly say this was a great tactic in order to spread some propaganda--if the propaganda hadn't been against them.

WhistlinDave
04-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Goddamn, I have GOT to learn to be less wordy.

Weston White
04-21-2013, 01:12 AM

1. Actually the “property” belongs only to Twitter.
2. Nothing has yet to have been unproven, but much is being actively overlooked or intentionally ignored.
3. You do not find it suspect that:

Craft International goon-squads were seen running all around that place;
400-Guardsmen just happened to be on site ready to setup a perimeter;
law enforcement were telling people it was just a drill, to remain calm;
there are reports of a bombing drill taking place 1-mile away around the same time;
yet once again the media, with the “aid” of the FBI, had the entire crime nearly solved within the first 24-hours (recall 9/11);
the FBI brazenly told the American people what evidence to take into consideration, i.e., only what they provide though press conferences or releases, while ignoring all other facts or concerns;
many of the parents of the Sandy Hook incident just so happened to be nearby the bombing as spectators to the race (who were also just treated to a joyride on Air Force 1);
the bomb was clearly made into a shape-charge directed at the waist down and seems to of had a target radius much larger than a small crock pot or pressure cooker would seem to provide for (to which the photos as provided also prove to show does not match up with the use bearings and nails), and;
most importantly of all that all of news agencies have for some reason decided to post photos and streaming images of this incident in all of its goriness, despite failing to do so for both Aurora and Sandy Hook, as well as the many U.S. illegal drone strikes of the resulting “collateral damage”?

Regardless, it is a fact that this newest “terror attack” has taken place just so timely for the federal government and the special interests of its DHS—for let us not forget that they are all looking at severe budget and staff reductions, furloughs, sequesters, ever-increasing resentment against the TSA, etc. After all didn’t Janet Napolitano make such veiled threats as this just before March 2013?

Really, I mean seriously ask yourself, who is it that had the (A) means, (B) motive, and (C) opportunity? After all, is it not the truth that We the People were in desperate need of being reminded exactly why it is that we need to keep shelling out trillions of Dollars each year for their continued protection? Think about it.

Please, wake up and purchase yourself a clue or two!

devil21
04-21-2013, 01:22 AM

Don't be such a fucking purist all the time. Loosen up. I consider this civil disobedience.

alucard13mmfmj
04-21-2013, 02:51 AM
Reminds me of Dark Angel with Jessica Alba *slurrrs...*

S.Shorland
04-21-2013, 03:30 AM
i said 'oh,larouchepac ' out loud too.wrong source unfortunately
larouchepac?

MRK
04-21-2013, 04:34 AM

lol lol lol

just lol

The hijacking of this 'virtual property' (although I'm not sure what this means) is applauded because the regular operators of this account use it as a statist mouthpiece to control the population, misinform, misdirect, divide, and conquer.

That is why it is applauded.

tod evans
04-21-2013, 04:49 AM
Really, I mean seriously ask yourself, who is it that had the (A) means, (B) motive, and (C) opportunity? After all, is it not the truth that We the People were in desperate need of being reminded exactly why it is that we need to keep shelling out trillions of Dollars each year for their continued protection? Think about it.

Please, wake up and purchase yourself a clue or two!

Can't purchase squat, the very few FRN's I have are needed for bread and milk..

Guess I'll have to rely on MSM propaganda to supply "clues"....:rolleyes:

jmdrake
04-21-2013, 04:51 AM
Anonymous?

jmdrake
04-21-2013, 04:55 AM
Sounds like an outfit calling itself the "Syrian Cyber Army" has claimed responsibility for breaking into the account:
http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2013/04/60_minutes_twitter_feed_hacked_syria.html

Well considering we are backing Al Qaeda in Syria I would call this a legitimate form of self defense. If you were literally fighting for you life against terrorists funded by a foreign nation you wouldn't do the same? And the "conspiracy theory" that Obama is in bed with Al Qaeda in Syria is a conspiracy fact.

angelatc
04-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Amash retweeted one! Not from his congressional account:

Justin Amash ‏@justinamash now
Wha? “@60Minutes: Your duty is to protect your nation from the parasites that have taken your government”

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/325802782785404928

lolz

angelatc
04-21-2013, 06:38 AM

AGree that the conspiracy theory crap turns it into a mega waste, but also agree that this is civil disobedience.