PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate Earth Day by Expanding Our Carbon Footprint

Origanalist
04-20-2013, 04:53 PM
John Ransom

Every year I celebrate Earth Day with tips and ideas on how readers can expand their carbon footprint. Below you’ll find the newest, top ten ways I recommend to expand your carbon footprint on May 22nd, 2013 Anno Domini.

10) Take unnecessary trips in your electric car.

Run that battery down to nothing. Electric cars need fuel and that fuel comes from power plants run mostly on coal. There’s no quicker way to expand your carbon footprint than using that “green” car and powering it up nightly.

9) Use a Metro Light Rail system instead of your car.

“When taken as a whole, then,” writes Cato’s Randal O’Toole, “most transit systems with light rail use more energy and emit more greenhouse gases per passenger kilometre than they did when they operated only buses. Most also use more energy and emit more carbon dioxide, per passenger kilometre, than typical automobiles.”

O’Toole says that light rail only appeals to: 1) downtown real estate interests; 2) Seimens, the light rail contractor; and 3) people who hate autos.

All aboard!

8) Move to Germany!

Yes, the model for renewable energy development in the industrial world has yielded impressive results. And they do it by subsidizing a new, technological breakthrough that’s coming to you very soon. Yes, very soon we’ll all be able to power our electric vehicles through coal-powered plants that supplement coal with the use of wood.

Mmmm. I don’t know about you, but I just love the smell of a wood fire wafting around the city. It makes it smell like Christmas- or Winter Holi-Day for of you who are only “spiritual.” For atheists, the smell can remind you of December 25th, 2012 C.E.

7) Build a wind farm.

You too can find out what rural, depression era residents knew: The widespread adoption of wind power eventually will lead to the creation of a large, nationalized effort to electrify the country with more reliable, fossil or hydro-based electrical generation, just as they did with the Tennessee Valley Authority. Since nuclear and hydro are impossible to permit, prepare for coal-fired and oil-fired plants to come out of mothballs.

There’s nothing like the smell of diesel wafting around a city to remind people that it’s Earth Day, C.E. Infinity or, for those of us who are heretics and apostates, May 22nd, 2013 A.D.

6) Move into Al Gore’s house.

http://media.eyeblast.org/newsbusters/static/2010/04/Gore%20Mansion%202.jpg

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/johnransom/2013/04/20/celebrate-earth-day-by-expanding-our-carbon-footprint-n1573512

juleswin
04-20-2013, 05:06 PM
I know u r trying to be ironic and all but using Metro light rail will actually reduce your carbon footprint. See the extra energy that will be required to overcome the extra resistance from your weight fro riding a light rail is smaller than the energy required to power your car with you alone riding around in a gasoline combustion engine vehicle. This is because the Light rail is running already regardless of whether u ride it or not but your car is not :)