PDA

View Full Version : Arrested friends of bomb suspect's license plate says:

sailingaway
04-20-2013, 02:34 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-0-19666025000005DC-85_634x438.jpg

Is that properly speaking a license plate? What are those front license covers called?

The two men arrested last night in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings drive a car with the licence plate that reads: ‘Terrorista #1’
The students, named be neighbours by their first names Azmat and Diaz, drive a black BMW 330XI with the personalised plate and a sticker on the back which reads: ‘F*** you, you f****** f****’.

They are thought to be from Kazakhstan and had not been seen since the bombings until last night when their ground floor apartment in New Bedford, MA, was raided by a dozen FBI agents at gunpoint.

One of their girlfriends was also arrested. All three are in their late teens or early 20s.
Their apartment was raised because police say the younger Boston Marathon bombing suspect, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, may have lived at their address.

MailOnline has discovered another link - Dzhokhar Tweeted pictures of the car on his Twitter account J_tsar.
In one picture the BMW is next to another dark coloured sports car with the caption: ‘Place your bets’ as if they are about to race. ..

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/20/article-0-196672A8000005DC-317_634x475.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312123/Boston-latest-Terrorista-1-license-plate-friends-Boston-bomber-arrested-female.html#ixzz2R1SR9Qw4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Seraphim
04-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Convinient.

juleswin
04-20-2013, 02:38 PM
While they are at it, I hope they also look into who provided their financing and training.

muh_roads
04-20-2013, 04:34 PM
While they are at it, I hope they also look into who provided their financing and training.

Exactly.

Lets cover something a little more substantial and see where the trail leads.

enhanced_deficit
04-20-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't buy that such a plate will be approved by any county in US.

kcchiefs6465
04-20-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't buy that such a plate will be approved by any county in US.
They don't have to approve it. You can buy them in all kinds of styles. I've never seen a 'terrorista' one though. He's probably regretting that one right about now. Especially if he didn't have anything to do with the plot. (as is possible)

kcchiefs6465
04-20-2013, 04:40 PM
And glancing at it again, why the hell is UMASS Dartmouth on it?

MelissaWV
04-20-2013, 04:40 PM
It's not an actual license plate. See how it says "UMASS Dartmouth"?

angelatc
04-20-2013, 04:43 PM
It's not an actual license plate. See how it says "UMASS Dartmouth"?

Yes, that's why Sailing was wondering what to call it. A thingy that fits on the front where a plate goes in states that have two plates seems long and cumbersome.

I hope that was the girl's. And I wonder how they afford those cars?

kcchiefs6465
04-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Can anyone confirm that you are required a front and back license plate in Massachusetts?

Aratus?

UMD had a promotion or program or something and you could make your own license plate. My boy got his name on it like a regular person.
Here is a possible explanation why UMASS Dartmouth is on it.

kcchiefs6465
04-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Might just be a possible Harlem Shake reference.

MelissaWV
04-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Yes, that's why Sailing was wondering what to call it. A thingy that fits on the front where a plate goes in states that have two plates seems long and cumbersome.

No doubt. Just responding to the point that no state in the US would authorize that.

The cost of the cars could be something, or it might not be. The college campus here is full of cars that mommy and daddy bought for their kids, that were leased, that were bought used, that are bought against massive debt, that are bought because the kid has spare money after scholarships and blows it on a car, etc..

Cap
04-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Harlem Shake lyrics.

better-dead-than-fed
04-20-2013, 05:51 PM

usually turns out to be the U.S. taxpayers.

angelatc
04-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Harlem Shake lyrics.

Ah, so it is. +rep

cajuncocoa
04-20-2013, 05:56 PM
This gets by, yet someone with a Ron Paul bumper sticker is put on a list. Got it.

Keith and stuff
04-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Can anyone confirm that you are required a front and back license plate in Massachusetts?

Aratus?

Here is a possible explanation why UMASS Dartmouth is on it.
Generally, you do. Old back only plates are also allowed to be used but I'd be highly surprised if these young people had 1 of those old plates because they haven't been made in years.

I don't know anything about UMass Dartmouth or plates from any other state university in MA.

kcchiefs6465
04-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Ah, so it is. +rep
Here I thought I was the only person left in America who has not heard that song.

amy31416
04-21-2013, 03:34 AM

In college I took summer classes to get some of the easy stuff out of the way, and one of the classes was a protestant religion course, which also had 5 other students who were Muslim--mostly Saudi. The Saudi guys had money--not "upper middle class" money, but "I can buy whatever I want, like buildings, money." They received money from the gov't in order to attend school in the US and it was very, very generous. Plus they also came from wealthy families.

One of those guys was actually named Osama/Usama, and he drove a top of the line Corvette. Another had a Mercedes.

WhistlinDave
04-21-2013, 03:55 AM
I wonder... Now, this is going to sound pretty paranoid conspiracy theorist and I will be the first to admit that. (I guess that's just the way my twisted mind works lately.) Anyway --

*IF* the FBI and/or CIA was going to cultivate a small time terrorist, as they often do, and they were doing it not to bust them, but to enable and allow a false flag attack to occur, if they were looking for the perfect patsy and/or backup patsy to play the part and go along with the plan, do you think that when they run down their list of possible players, maybe they specifically look for candidates who have stuff like this going on that can be discovered later? Things like a friend with a "terrorista #1" license plate design that can be easily used later to galvanize public opinion? (And things like a mother with a criminal record for shoplifting so when she claims her sons must've been set up, all my friends can promptly ridicule me for believing a word that would come out of her mouth?)

I know these guys (FBI, CIA) like to think twelve steps ahead, like in a chess game. I doubt anyone makes it near the top of a good patsy list in a false flag operation without having lots of juicy skeletons to expose later on TV. Just saying.

WhistlinDave
04-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Here I thought I was the only person left in America who has not heard that song.

Well that makes three of us.

Marky
04-21-2013, 07:35 AM
In college I took summer classes to get some of the easy stuff out of the way, and one of the classes was a protestant religion course, which also had 5 other students who were Muslim--mostly Saudi. The Saudi guys had money--not "upper middle class" money, but "I can buy whatever I want, like buildings, money." They received money from the gov't in order to attend school in the US and it was very, very generous. Plus they also came from wealthy families.

One of those guys was actually named Osama/Usama, and he drove a top of the line Corvette. Another had a Mercedes.

Just to clarify, that is very common name in the Muslim world as it is the name of one of the most famous companions of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Also, I’m not sure why you're bringing up Saudi college students who get a generous stipend from the Saudi government. That has nothing to do with Chechen immigrants. It seems like most of the 2 brothers family are the driven successful first generation types…lawyers, son in pre-med, small business owners. That’s common amongst Arab and Eastern Euro immigrants. They don’t believe in taking handouts and are very driven.

Aratus
04-21-2013, 11:23 AM

I missed the reference, tooooooooo but then i'm older and often get literature from the AARP in my mailbox asking me to join.
we usually get at least two plates from the RMV and we'd better have at least one of 'em on our cars, even though two is nicer.

Aratus
04-21-2013, 11:32 AM
I wonder... Now, this is going to sound pretty paranoid conspiracy theorist and I will be the first to admit that. (I guess that's just the way my twisted mind works lately.) Anyway --

*IF* the FBI and/or CIA was going to cultivate a small time terrorist, as they often do, and they were doing it not to bust them, but to enable and allow a false flag attack to occur, if they were looking for the perfect patsy and/or backup patsy to play the part and go along with the plan, do you think that when they run down their list of possible players, maybe they specifically look for candidates who have stuff like this going on that can be discovered later? Things like a friend with a "terrorista #1" license plate design that can be easily used later to galvanize public opinion? (And things like a mother with a criminal record for shoplifting so when she claims her sons must've been set up, all my friends can promptly ridicule me for believing a word that would come out of her mouth?)

I know these guys (FBI, CIA) like to think twelve steps ahead, like in a chess game. I doubt anyone makes it near the top of a good patsy list in a false flag operation without having lots of juicy skeletons to expose later on TV. Just saying.

WhistlinDave... if they don't have the patience of carpenters or watchmakers, and
tended to follow disembodied text or voice driven instances of thought and lore from
the internet, not that I must assume chat~room addictions etc... if a larger group for
whatever reason places in front of them devices that are simple yet complicated and
already assembled or even almost totally assembled, if they are talked into becoming
the "cog" or "cogs" in a much larger conspiracy, then this is could also be an agent
provocateur question as opposed to a classic conspiracy. if they both did not spend the
last two or three years creating the two backpacks that clearly detonated on the 15th...

Aratus
04-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Just to clarify, that is very common name in the Muslim world as it is the name of one of the most famous companions of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Also, I’m not sure why you're bringing up Saudi college students who get a generous stipend from the Saudi government. That has nothing to do with Chechen immigrants. It seems like most of the 2 brothers family are the driven successful first generation types…lawyers, son in pre-med, small business owners. That’s common amongst Arab and Eastern Euro immigrants. They don’t believe in taking handouts and are very driven.

Marky is very correct about 90% of the immigrants this nation has had ever since 1850 in that
each generation tends to do better than their parents and not because of handouts. i'm using a
date very close to the start of the Irish potato famine, given that vast numbers of people began
to arrive from all over the globe and not just the British Isles. Nearly all immigrants are ambitious.

enhanced_deficit
04-21-2013, 01:05 PM
They don't have to approve it. You can buy them in all kinds of styles. I've never seen a 'terrorista' one though. He's probably regretting that one right about now. Especially if he didn't have anything to do with the plot. (as is possible)

Good point, in hurry I overlooked the detail. Would be strange business model to sell such plates in the post 9/11 US as you noted.

WhistlinDave
04-21-2013, 01:34 PM
WhistlinDave... if they don't have the patience of carpenters or watchmakers, and
tended to follow disembodied text or voice driven instances of thought and lore from
the internet, not that I must assume chat~room addictions etc... if a larger group for
whatever reason places in front of them devices that are simple yet complicated and
already assembled or even almost totally assembled, if they are talked into becoming
the "cog" or "cogs" in a much larger conspiracy, then this is could also be an agent
provocateur question as opposed to a classic conspiracy. if they both did not spend the
last two or three years creating the two backpacks that clearly detonated on the 15th...

When I say "patsy" I don't mean to imply they're innocent. Only that they were "chosen" and cultivated deliberately, like what you're suggesting.

amy31416
04-22-2013, 03:37 PM

I was responding to Angela's question. Not sure why my response bothers you--is anything in it not true about many Saudi students? I never mentioned anything about Saudis or Chechens taking handouts or being slackers.

However, for the record, the fellow Saudi student was indeed a slacker when it came to assignments. And they were all engineering majors, every male Muslim student. Always found that peculiar too, but I figured the gov't was simply more likely to fund an overseas engineering student than biology.

Spikender
04-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Well that makes three of us.

Four. Apparently everyone around me has heard it but me. I don't even get it. At all.

dannno
04-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Might just be a possible Harlem Shake reference.

God dammit, now everybody who listens to trap music is a terrorist??

Spikender
04-22-2013, 03:58 PM

To be fair, I knew you were a terrorist from the first day I read one of your posts.

phill4paul
04-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Here's my front plate. Found it while picking. Solid metal too! I know I'm gonna be on someone's list....

http://i.imgur.com/0dz5DKMl.jpg

kcchiefs6465
04-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Harlem Shake is trap music?

I just figured it was a dance song.

I heard about it going viral but honestly I still haven't watched Gangham Style.

I listened to Harlem Shake (the first 7 seconds or so) and heard 'terrorista.' Figured that might have been where it came from.

kcchiefs6465
04-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Here's my front plate. Found it while picking. Solid metal too! I know I'm gonna be on someone's list....

http://i.imgur.com/0dz5DKMl.jpg
Nice find.

surf
04-22-2013, 04:34 PM
While they are at it, I hope they also look into who provided their financing and training.do you really need training and financing to build whatever the hell they built and plot something seemingly this simple?

Aratus
04-22-2013, 04:59 PM
"its complicated" is starting to become a buzzword