PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck Interview - Why he supports RP and doesnt know it.

ionlyknowy
11-25-2007, 05:01 AM
Watch this part of the interview and start it at 2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFoIXSW-zPM

2:50 - start

3:50 - Actually mentions "revolution" and how it is needed to fix the US.

4:30 - Talks about Constitution

5:00 - Admits that people that are now divided need to come together... and that is what the founders meant by putting "WE THE PEOPLE" in huge fonts...

I swear he is a closet RP supporter... either he supports RP or he is just foolish and hasnt done enough research into Paul...

What do you guys think?

TheNewYorker
11-25-2007, 05:03 AM
I think the consensus is that he WAS a ron paul supporter, but Ron Paul didn't want to go on his show because Paul had the opportunity to go on a better show that night, so glenn beck threw a hissy fit about it and now dislikes paul and his supporters.

Birdlady
11-25-2007, 05:06 AM
The media just tells us what we want to hear and then uses that trust to sell us on their twisted propaganda.

Matthew Zak
11-25-2007, 05:06 AM
With all the bashing I have yet to understand how everyone here has come to the conclusion that he's not a Ron Paul supporter. I saw the same program they did -- where he thought it would serve Ron Paul's best interest NOT to be associated with terrorists -- but I took that as him being aware of how ignorant people are, knowing that some might take it that way, though they shouldn't. I know he went further in depth, even loosely suggesting that Ron Paul supporters could be "dangerous", but how do we know what his intentions were, or what his position is? For all we know, he wanted to ruffle some feathers and get people talking about Ron Paul. If somebody didn't want Ron Paul to win, they would simply ignore him, would they not? Right now Ron Paul needs press -- any press -- more than anything. It's Glen's job to be an unbiased Journalist, and though he's obviously anything but perfect, I have never been too insulted by his work regarding Dr. Paul.

ionlyknowy
11-25-2007, 05:08 AM
I think the consensus is that he WAS a ron paul supporter, but Ron Paul didn't want to go on his show because Paul had the opportunity to go on a better show that night, so glenn beck threw a hissy fit about it and now dislikes paul and his supporters.

Plus he recently inferred that we are terrorists on his program.. so it is quite confusing... and I am sure that the letters that were recently written to his sponsors did not help his view of RP..

I used to watch Glenn a lot before I got turned on to RP... I really wish he would outright offer his endorsement.. I know a lot of people that are conservative would follow suit... When Glen mentioned that he liked Fred a while back, I was thinking that "oh Glen likes him maybe I should watch Fred and see what happens"

Thank God for RP though...lol.

filmmaker58
11-25-2007, 05:11 AM
I think Becks job depends on dissing ron Paul if he's going to talk about him at all. The jury is still out on him. He'll hammer his viewers with Ron Paul issues (without mentioning his name) and is quite convincing, and next he will call Ron Paul a kook, even though he's the only candidate that would do anything about the issues he just raved about. Either he's willing to sacrifice his own credibility by attacking Ron Paul's mental status just to keep him in the news, or he's an idiot. I'm leaning towards the idiot.

ionlyknowy
11-25-2007, 05:17 AM
I have a serious crush on youtube.com, just thought ya'll should know LOL

CJLauderdale4
11-25-2007, 08:01 AM
I watched this interview live, and I was amazed at all of the similar thoughts and terms that Glenn Beck used that correspnd to Ron Paul's message.

He did blow it on the illegal immigration though. He said we need to crackdown on the companies that support the illegals. Where he's wrong is that the people who come here aren't looking to better their OWN lives (how does $5/hr do that in our inflation-privy society). They come to better their CHILDREN'S lives with FREE health care and education that are second-to-none in the world!!

So, as Ron Paul says, END THE FREEBIES and birthright citizenship, and they all go away.

It appears that the only polarizing issue between Glenn and Ron is the radical Islamic threat. Glenn somewhat understands the threat, but a) takes it way too far by giving them too much credit, b) doesn't comprehend the fact that they want to fight for ruling their land, not ours, and c) feels we need to control them by establishing an empire t do so.