PDA

View Full Version : Boston goes belly up

tod evans
04-20-2013, 07:09 AM
The people of Boston should be ashamed, they should be outraged.

"The-Newz" paints them as relieved, grateful and subservient...

Surely the entire populace of this once great city aren't content to cower in fear and cheer bands of mercenaries..

Two young men [allegedly!] are able to bring the city to its knees..

It is not strength to turn over your city to militarized patrols!

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/178/c57/178c57dc-dfd7-4fd6-89b7-8e81968e73b6

^^^^^^^Here, while your city is on its knees.. ^^^^^^^

silverhandorder
04-20-2013, 07:10 AM
How many new threads are you going to start about this?

tod evans
04-20-2013, 07:12 AM
How many new threads are you going to start about this?

As many as it takes.

pcosmar
04-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Not unsurprising..
Expected even.

This is why I have been saying for some time,, "Get the hell out of the cities".

silverhandorder
04-20-2013, 07:14 AM
As many is it takes to be ignored? Honestly I think this entire mess needs one thread. People spent whole day watching the news coverage instead of being productive.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-20-2013, 07:16 AM
As many is it takes to be ignored? Honestly I think this entire mess needs one thread. People spent whole day watching the news coverage instead of being productive.

Exactly what productivity do we owe you? And why is it any of your business what other people do with their free time?

pcosmar
04-20-2013, 07:16 AM

I got wood cut,, tended fires.. cleared drains.

what do you mean "unproductive"?

silverhandorder
04-20-2013, 07:18 AM
I suspect a fair number of posters sat at their computer and watched the coverage. Then they would run to the forums to make an outraged comment against the machine. Rinse and repeat everyday.

CPUd
04-20-2013, 07:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mgyWweF.gif

tod evans
04-20-2013, 07:35 AM

What did you produce yesterday?

Even with posting on RPF I managed to move my most recent commission further along, fed the critters, cooked dinner and never once turned on the TV.

Feel free to ignore me, feel free to complain about my opinion, just don't expect me to care.

donnay
04-20-2013, 07:38 AM

Surely the entire populace of this once great city aren't content to cower in fear and cheer bands of mercenaries..

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/178/c57/178c57dc-dfd7-4fd6-89b7-8e81968e73b6

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
~Samuel Adams

donnay
04-20-2013, 07:39 AM

That includes you, no?

jmdrake
04-20-2013, 07:47 AM
I suspect a fair number of posters sat at their computer and watched the coverage. Then they would run to the forums to make an outraged comment against the machine. Rinse and repeat everyday.

I LOL at anyone posting on a forum criticizing others for wasting time posting on a forum.

phill4paul
04-20-2013, 07:51 AM
I LOL at anyone posting on a forum criticizing others for wasting time posting on a forum.

Just being productive. :p

pcosmar
04-20-2013, 08:09 AM

Actually,, I was doing some research and providing information on the Ricin Hoax and victim.

I guess that is buried a few pages back.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-20-2013, 08:41 AM

And I LOL at anyone LOLing at anyone posting on a forum criticizing others for wasting time posting on a forum.

Now we're really getting "productive."

Origanalist
04-20-2013, 08:44 AM
lollygag^^^^^^

fisharmor
04-20-2013, 08:44 AM
And I LOL at anyone LOLing at anyone posting on a forum criticizing others for wasting time posting on a forum.

LOL

fisharmor
04-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Gonna go cut my dad's grass and rent a core aerator for the afternoon. Father-in-law over for dinner tonight, which is going to interfere with me getting out to the shop to work on a Norman nasal helm I've been working on. Gonna try not to think about how America is a dead man walking.

Origanalist
04-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Gonna go cut my dad's grass and rent a core aerator for the afternoon. Father-in-law over for dinner tonight, which is going to interfere with me getting out to the shop to work on a Norman nasal helm I've been working on. Gonna try not to think about how America is a dead man walking.

Good luck.

PaulConventionWV
04-20-2013, 08:56 AM

And I LOL at people Loling at people loling at people loling at people posting on forums.

Seriously, though, only the guy telling us to stop posting on an internet forum deserves shame for loling at others posting on internet forums.

torchbearer
04-20-2013, 09:08 AM
And I LOL at people Loling at people loling at people loling at people posting on forums.

Seriously, though, only the guy telling us to stop posting on an internet forum deserves shame for loling at others posting on internet forums.

I will just lulz at all the loling.

silverhandorder
04-20-2013, 09:10 AM
I am just speaking from experience and how much time I used to waste on RPF. I still check for news but the trend is if all the crazies from Alex Jones infowars decided to make this their local forum.

I have it hard to believe that anyone who works can post through out the day on a forum. How good of a job could you be doing when your head is in Boston massacres.

torchbearer
04-20-2013, 09:13 AM
I am just speaking from experience and how much time I used to waste on RPF. I still check for news but the trend is if all the crazies from Alex Jones infowars decided to make this their local forum.

I have it hard to believe that anyone who works can post through out the day on a forum. How good of a job could you be doing when your head is in Boston massacres. ah, projecting. that makes sense.
i've been keeping the businesses in my area running. i do have my time- and i spend some of it here. i do learn quite a bit- and i consider that valuable.

silverhandorder
04-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Yeah I am projecting. Are you guys gods or humans?

The Northbreather
04-20-2013, 09:32 AM

Please protect us from the 95 pound 19 year old oh mighty foot soldiers of our benevolent leaders!!

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5171f5066bb3f7573a000000-300-225/photo-police-capture-boston-bombing-suspect-dzhokhar-tsarnaev.jpg

torchbearer
04-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Yeah I am projecting. Are you guys gods or humans? could we be both depending on the definitions?

tod evans
04-20-2013, 10:22 AM
I have it hard to believe that anyone who works can post through out the day on a forum. How good of a job could you be doing when your head is in Boston massacres.

I build freestanding curved staircases and furniture, do you think a self respecting customer would pay me for any less than perfection?

I own my own business so if I choose to voice my opinions over coffee or at lunch it's on me.

Hell if I opt to spend an entire day sitting at the 'puter I can...

As for Alex Jones..........I've watched youtube clips here on occasion...But I'm certainly not an avid or even frequent listener.