PDA

View Full Version : A Tragedy We Can Exploit For A Change

TywinLannister
04-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Liberals have no problem exploiting tragedies for political gain, now its our turn. The terrorists were immigrants. Bye bye immigration bill. And bye bye gun control. We have to spin this in our favor. Now we can demand STRONGER immigration controls instead of amnesty in the name of safety. We can blame the Obama administration and the liberals for putting us in danger with their immigration policy. We can accuse them of not wanting citizens to be able to defend themselves. Look at all the bullets the cops needed to take down suspect # 1; how can you claim we don't need high capacity magazines to defend ourselves. I say we don't let this crisis go to waste.

AuH20
04-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Agreed. Keep beating the drum. Two memes. (#1) The authorities can't keep you safe from terrorism (#2) We shouldn't be the world's halfway house.

CPUd
04-19-2013, 09:39 PM
There's also something to be said about how such a massive force is still as ineffective as 10 yrs ago at prevention, and focused mainly on being reactive.

jtstellar
04-19-2013, 10:09 PM
it's hard to say what the public reaction will be yet.. erin burnett to my surprise seemed move by the grassroots effort to get the suspect without relying on extra judicial forces that violate the bill of rights,

and she said something to the effect 'this is america people should go by the courts and get due process, and it works as we see in this case, we do have the ability to capture people alive, this is what america is all about', just now on cnn, very surprised to hear that, considering her reaction was among the worst to rand paul's filibuster

it was kind of long so i am paraphrasing. still yet to see where public comes down on this, but as mentioned, this is a very important period on morphing public opinion that we do mold it in liberty's favor

fr33
04-19-2013, 10:22 PM
I'll be the one dragging my feet on this.

BuddyRey
04-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Tighter immigration controls won't do anything except further stagnate the economy and make innocent people suffer through additional red tape to become citizens just because of the malevolent actions of two (or more?) individuals.

Penalizing the many for the misdeeds of the few is what the statists have always done. We're above that.

jmdrake
04-20-2013, 09:28 AM
In this case tighter immigration controls weren't necessary, but merely enforcing the rules that already exist. The older brother should have been deported when he was convicted of domestic assault. Then when he went to Russia for 6 months, he shouldn't have been let back in especially considering that the FBI had interviewed in prior to that for possible links to terrorism.

nobody's_hero
04-20-2013, 09:58 AM
In this case tighter immigration controls weren't necessary, but merely enforcing the rules that already exist. The older brother should have been deported when he was convicted of domestic assault. Then when he went to Russia for 6 months, he shouldn't have been let back in especially considering that the FBI had interviewed in prior to that for possible links to terrorism.

You start to wonder if they intentionally let these things 'slip' through the cracks. "Hey, this guy looks like a powder keg ready to go off. Let's put him on our watch list and then go grab a beer and do nothing about it."

BuddyRey
04-20-2013, 10:07 AM

Good point. And I'm sure you know who else the feds rather nonchalantly let return to the U.S. after he had previously renounced his citizenship and spent considerable time in Russia?

http://n.b5z.net/zirw/ae5/i/u/68100167/i//Apr11/0420oswald.jpg

The parallels are adding up quickly.

itshappening
04-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Problem: we dont have the bully pulpit that the demagogue in chief has or the leftist media who will ignore all that.

Christian Liberty
04-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Tighter immigration controls won't do anything except further stagnate the economy and make innocent people suffer through additional red tape to become citizens just because of the malevolent actions of two (or more?) individuals.

Penalizing the many for the misdeeds of the few is what the statists have always done. We're above that.

This. I see nothing wrong with free immigration. I do have more of a problem with free CITIZENSHIP because of the whole "Majority rules" complex in this country.