PDA

View Full Version : In suburban Boston, thanks and jubilation

Origanalist
04-19-2013, 09:10 PM
http://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/ha/2013/109/9fb5f5bf-dbd1-4a6a-b36f-1d050107a9dc.jpg

WATERTOWN, Mass. (AP) — Police officers and firefighters stood grim-faced with guns and rifles, lining the street leading to the suburban property where a suspect in twin bombings at the Boston Marathon was believed to be holed up.

Reporters and spectators lined up on the other side. The mood was tense, with the few neighbors venturing out hugging and crying as they heard bangs. Others merely looked on curiously.

Then, one officer slowly started clapping. Then it spread to the crowd. Then loud cheers broke out.

People in the crowd started asking, "Is he alive?" One of the officers nodded, yes. Any time a first responder emerged from the street, there was loud applause.

"They finally caught the jerk," said nurse Cindy Boyle, 41. "It was scary; it was tense." She said she knew when police started clapping that everything would be all right.
snip

You can read the rest of the state worship here............townhall.com/news/us/2013/04/19/in-suburban-boston-thanks-and-jubilation-n1573568

anaconda
04-19-2013, 09:38 PM
"They finally caught the jerk," said nurse Cindy Boyle, 41.

I don't get this widespread inference that the MIT incident and the Marathon incident are related. Can someone enlighten me?

UPDATE: OK. Now I get it. The guy was photographed at the Marathon:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos-force-suspects-move-breaking-bombing-case-233308082--spt.html

But can we be sure it's the same guy? I can't say for sure by looking at the photos closely.

Brett85
04-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Well, at least they aren't cheering the death of someone like they did when Osama Bin Laden was killed.

PaulConventionWV
04-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Seems to me the whole reason for this government op, if it was one, is to condition the people into accepting an even more militarized police force and celebrate it because it "keeps us safe". I can definitely tell it worked, if that's the case. To me it's sickening, but people love it. That's why I don't like most people.

Aratus
04-19-2013, 09:46 PM
admittedly they were indoors all day as the manhunt went thru its paces

CPUd
04-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Seems to me the whole reason for this government op, if it was one, is to condition the people into accepting an even more militarized police force and celebrate it because it "keeps us safe". I can definitely tell it worked, if that's the case. To me it's sickening, but people love it. That's why I don't like most people.

They were cheering because they had friends and neighbors get their limbs blown off, and they wanted these guys off the streets.

What appears to be the real issue is that they didn't care how it was done.

SeanTX
04-19-2013, 09:58 PM
admittedly they were indoors all day as the manhunt went thru its paces

And if what I understand is right the manhunt finally ended because a mundane was given permission to go into his own back yard and thus found the bomber.

Too bad the people who are cheering don't realize it was the police who made them prisoners in their own homes, not the bombers.

Aratus
04-19-2013, 10:00 PM
you have indeed made a telling point about the timeline we all went thru today, my good kind sir!

jclay2
04-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Absolutely pathetic. America really deserves what it gets. They had to shut down a major metropolitan area for 1 teenager and then they get a hero's welcome?

AuH20
04-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Absolutely pathetic. America really deserves what it gets. They had to shut down a major metropolitan area for 1 teenager and then they get a hero's welcome?

It's the Northeast. These people are literally chowder heads.