PDA

View Full Version : A Short Tale of Two Nations

Origanalist
04-19-2013, 07:41 PM
You can tell a lot about a nation when it faces a bit of trouble. The yankee nation has gone full-bore apoplectic over the Boston bombing. Several traits, none of them attractive, have surfaced. First, indignation. "How dare you attack us! We're innocent people who have never harmed anyone." Second, fear. "Stay in your homes, lock your doors and pull down the shades, and if someone knocks, don't answer it. Leave everything to the authorities." These are commands to a servile, effeminate people. And third, despair. I heard the former Mayor of Boston, Ray Flynn, say that this was the worst things that had ever happened to his city. How indeed will they ever recover? Perhaps they could look to Columbia, Charleston, Atlanta, or several other once-devastated Southern towns and cities for some historical advice on how to survive and recover from real tragedies.

As a Southerner, I've had a belly full of all this whining, complaining, hyperbole, and fear-mongering from New England. Meanwhile, our Southern kinfolk in Texas are quietly going about the business of cleaning up and looking to the future amidst a much greater and more deadly disaster in the little community of West. We are indeed two very different nations. Michael Hill

posted by Old Rebel @ Friday, April 19, 2013
http://lsrebellion.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-short-tale-of-two-nations.html

otherone
04-19-2013, 07:49 PM
yes, stereotypes help. I enjoy squidbillies.

Origanalist
04-19-2013, 08:12 PM
yes, stereotypes help. I enjoy squidbillies.

Never heard of them.

ronpaulfollower999
04-19-2013, 08:13 PM
When all is said and done, the death toll from West, Texas will likely be much larger than Boston.