PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly Rushes To Support Establishment Narrative

anaconda
04-19-2013, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCB9z4spaas

TheGrinch
04-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Sorry, I'm as much of a skeptic as anyone, but Alex Jones was in a pretty big rush to push his narrative without ample evidence too. That Family Guy clip should have been vetted.

dannno
04-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Sorry, I'm as much of a skeptic as anyone, but Alex Jones was in a pretty big rush to push his narrative without ample evidence too. That Family Guy clip should have been vetted.

The Family Guy clip is legit, it was two scenes spliced together from the same episode. I admit they should have said that from the beginning when it was presented so people didn't think the scenes occurred back to back, but it is still sketchy as fuck.

anaconda
04-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Unrelated, but: O'Reilly asks "how can they do that?" referring to the techniques of video editing. When he's around advanced video technology every day? This reminds me when he claimed to have never heard of John Maynard Keynes, and even intentionally fumbled with the pronunciation directly after Stossel clearly articulated it for him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLOOHmaI7U

anaconda
04-19-2013, 05:19 PM
The Family Guy clip is legit, it was two scenes spliced together from the same episode. I admit they should have said that from the beginning when it was presented so people didn't think the scenes occurred back to back, but it is still sketchy as fuck.

A bit like the Lone Gunman series episode in March 2001 about a commercial airliner being hijacked remotely and steered toward the World Trade Center.

A Son of Liberty
04-19-2013, 05:24 PM
That's right, citizen: if even the slightest thought enters your meager plebian brain that somehow, some way, the government might have been involved in this business, understand that you are crazy and evil, and there is clearly something wrong with you.

TheGrinch
04-19-2013, 05:37 PM

Splicing two completely different scenes together to take the clips out of context is the exact opposite of "legit".

Here watch, I can do it too:

The Family Guy clip is legit. The scenes occurred back to back. It is sketchy as fuck.

And how is it still sketchy as fuck? Even if you think this is some premonition, I cannot think of a better way to make sure people don't take you seriously to claim that as evidence of anything, let alone "sketchy". Please people, use better arguments, there are plenty of "legit" things to be examining.

anaconda
04-19-2013, 05:42 PM
That's right, citizen: if even the slightest thought enters your meager plebian brain that somehow, some way, the government might have been involved in this business, understand that you are crazy and evil, and there is clearly something wrong with you.

And if you use the internet, you are "crazy!"

anaconda
04-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Splicing two completely different scenes together to take the clips out of context is the exact opposite of "legit".

I took Danno's use of the word "legit" to simply mean that the cartoon was not edited with any voice overs or altered with new graphics/images. I was surprised to find out that the entirety of what we saw appeared in the episode. I had heard a little about the video yesterday but had assumed it was altered with additional audio and/or imaging.

I agree with you that that the coincidence of a movie or TV storyline does not imply foreknowledge, but it does make me wonder about "copycat" ideas among potential perpetrators.

RDM
04-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Unrelated, but: O'Reilly asks "how can they do that?" referring to the techniques of video editing. When he's around advanced video technology every day? This reminds me when he claimed to have never heard of John Maynard Keynes, and even intentionally fumbled with the pronunciation directly after Stossel clearly articulated it for him:

We're talking about O'Reilly, whom isn't quite the brightest bulb on the tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iRTyW2Qnbs

QuickZ06
04-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Bill O doing it live!

VoluntaryAmerican
04-19-2013, 07:42 PM
AJ looked like a dumbass in this clip.

RickyJ
04-19-2013, 08:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLOOHmaI7U

I think he may be losing his mind, or he is really just stupid. Probably a little bit of both, I don't ever watch him so I am not sure about him losing his mind, but I am confident he is dumb.

The Gold Standard
04-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Many of the GOPers here rushed to support the approved narrative before it was even released.

anaconda
04-19-2013, 08:18 PM
I think he may be losing his mind, or he is really just stupid. Probably a little bit of both, I don't ever watch him so I am not sure about him losing his mind, but I am confident he is dumb.

I don't think he's dumb. I think he's acting. He seems quite adept at controlling an argument and responds very quickly with various techniques in an impromptu format. It's not that often that someone kicks his ass in an interview (Phil Donahue and Jeremy Glick are exceptions, however).