PDA

View Full Version : Wow 11 $5000 blimp pledges

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 03:31 AM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/204/blimp5smallxf9.jpg (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/)click and see

copy by draging cusor over and when blueish then copy, paste into emails

ClayTrainor
11-25-2007, 06:01 AM
OMg this is huge! im seriously considering being #12, but i need to discuss it with my accountant first!

TooConservative
11-25-2007, 06:45 AM
Awesome effort. At first, I thought it was a lot to spend on something that can reach a limited georgraphy.

But that's where the votes are. And a blimp can catch the imagination in a media-saturated society.

So kudos to these deep-pocketed supporters. Nice work. Let's see some blimp photos in action!

conner_condor
11-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Has anyone thought about throwing some hot air ballons in on the day the blimp was to fly? Have big RP banners hanging down from them. Like 4 or 5 hotair balloons to make it look like streamers allong side the blimp. The sky filled with RP in all directions you look. I am sure they will be alot cheaper than the blimp and would decorate the skies in red white and blue colors.
http://www.800soaring.com/?gclid=CN3-ot-G-I8CFQS0HgodSy10Hw

Eleanor
11-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Awesome effort. At first, I thought it was a lot to spend on something that can reach a limited georgraphy.

But that's where the votes are. And a blimp can catch the imagination in a media-saturated society.

IMHO, the money spent on the blimp - which would be seen only by a relatively few people who happened to turn in to the game(s) at which it appeared - would be much better spent on TV ads in NH and Iowa.

As of an 11/13 CNN article, Mitt Romney's ads had aired more than 14,500 times. He had spent $10.2 million on TV advertising to that point.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/13/romney.ads/

How many times have RP's ads aired? How much money has he been able to spend on TV advertising?

In my view, we need to generate votes in the early states. If we don't, all of everyone's time and money goes down the drain. Publicity with gimmicks like the blimp is nice but we need to give people a reason to vote for Ron Paul - and we can't do that without TV ads funded by cold cash (since the campaign won't borrow money).

Something to think about.

James R
11-25-2007, 07:36 AM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/204/blimp5smallxf9.jpg (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/)click and see

copy, paste into emails

I'm concerned those are not serious pledges.

azminuteman
11-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Has anyone thought about throwing some hot air ballons in on the day the blimp was to fly? Have big RP banners hanging down from them. Like 4 or 5 hotair balloons to make it look like streamers allong side the blimp. The sky filled with RP in all directions you look. I am sure they will be alot cheaper than the blimp and would decorate the skies in red white and blue colors.
http://www.800soaring.com/?gclid=CN3-ot-G-I8CFQS0HgodSy10Hw

That would be great like Count of Monte Cristo great.
I'd like to see Hillary get a Balloon:D

An airship (sorry, pilots don't acknowledge the word blimp) is a fantastic way to capture the imagination.

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 07:41 AM
IMHO, the money spent on the blimp - which would be seen only by a relatively few people who happened to turn in to the game(s) at which it appeared - would be much better spent on TV ads in NH and Iowa.

As of an 11/13 CNN article, Mitt Romney's ads had aired more than 14,500 times. He had spent $10.2 million on TV advertising to that point.

How many times have RP's ads aired? How much money has he been able to spend on TV advertising?

In my view, we need to generate votes in the early states. If we don't, all of everyone's time and money goes down the drain. Publicity with gimmicks like the blimp is nice but we need to give people a reason to vote for Ron Paul - and we can't do that without TV ads funded by cold cash (since the campaign won't borrow money).

Something to think about.both will work when we get the millions. The blimp will generate unique TV

jrich4rpaul
11-25-2007, 07:53 AM

I agree the campaign needs the money. But those who are maxed out need other ways to donate as well, and this is the way. This will generate media attention, and so will December 16th if we stop telling each other not to participate.

nathanmn
11-25-2007, 05:08 PM

Yeah, it would be nice if the people that made those pledges would post here to make them more credible.

Elijah
11-25-2007, 05:25 PM

We have a new strategy. We all want Ron Paul to be president. This is true. In the best interest of this goal it is not favorable to offer most of the tickets to the supporters. The media coverage is key, the only thing we want is press coverage.

It isn't just about views anymore. It is about media coverage. One thing and one thing only, media coverage. If we were to just fly a floating billboard around this would not be a success.

We plan on having a entourage of RP supporters following the blimp on it's itinerary. Whenever, the media gets on and off along with all the other "influential" people we will have 500 people rallying by the blimp.

The flights are only 20-60 minutes long now and we have many more seats now because of this.

There is also talk about getting airplanes to circle the blimp on its route in cities with banners. This is just speculation now and we would need volunteer pilots for thie. It would be known as the Ron Paul Airforce!!

We will be:

Taking out GOP chairmen
Make a wish foundation kids
Local Media - TV/Radio
NYPD and fire dept.
Radio station raffles
and more...

I hope this is becoming more clear to everyone now. We have a vehicle to do many cool and creative things. It is not just about how many people see our message, it is what we do with our vehicle.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. Keep em' coming!!!!

stefans
11-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Ron Paul Airforce!!

We will be:

Taking out GOP chairmen

hmmm....

noztnac
11-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Make sure to verify those. It may be a Giuliani supporter who wants to take all the hot air out of your balloon. I'd contact those people immediately.

LFOD
11-25-2007, 06:08 PM
We have a new strategy. We all want Ron Paul to be president. This is true. In the best interest of this goal it is not favorable to offer most of the tickets to the supporters. The media coverage is key, the only thing we want is press coverage.

It isn't just about views anymore. It is about media coverage. One thing and one thing only, media coverage. If we were to just fly a floating billboard around this would not be a success.

We plan on having a entourage of RP supporters following the blimp on it's itinerary. Whenever, the media gets on and off along with all the other "influential" people we will have 500 people rallying by the blimp.

The flights are only 20-60 minutes long now and we have many more seats now because of this.

There is also talk about getting airplanes to circle the blimp on its route in cities with banners. This is just speculation now and we would need volunteer pilots for thie. It would be known as the Ron Paul Airforce!!

We will be:

Taking out GOP chairmen
Make a wish foundation kids
Local Media - TV/Radio
NYPD and fire dept.
Radio station raffles
and more...

I hope this is becoming more clear to everyone now. We have a vehicle to do many cool and creative things. It is not just about how many people see our message, it is what we do with our vehicle.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. Keep em' coming!!!!

Ah, good. I was just thinking this afternoon - get the press on that thing! Local press, national press, tv, photographers, the works. "Hey Mr. Editor, can I go for a free ride on the Ron Paul blimp?" "Sure!"

Beats free cake on the Giuliani bus any day.

I'd love to see at least one flight with Ron Paul doing an airborne interview with the press. :cool:

This thing has the potential to get great MSM press coverage, plus tons of YouTube videos, internet exposure, in addition to the ground views. It's bigger than just the people on the ground who see it - although a well-though out strategy for flyovers in crucial voting states will be essential.

thuja
11-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah, it would be nice if the people that made those pledges would post here to make them more credible.

i did, but could only do 25.00

llamabread
11-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I'd love to see at least one flight with Ron Paul doing an airborne interview with the press. :cool:

But Ron Paul would have to ask to ride on the Ron Paul Blimp, since it is completely grassroots and has no coordination from the HQ. :)

Midnight77
11-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Can we get the blimp site to update more often with the pledges? This needs to look like it is rapidly picking up steam if people want to buy into it. Thus far, it looks like it is only updating once or twice a day.

RonPaulGraphs is even covering it, and they can't update their site unless this site updates the pledges.

Not to be nitpicky but I just want this to work.

TechnoGuyRob
11-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Can we get the blimp site to update more often with the pledges? This needs to look like it is rapidly picking up steam if people want to buy into it. Thus far, it looks like it is only updating once or twice a day.

RonPaulGraphs is even covering it, and they can't update their site unless this site updates the pledges.

Not to be nitpicky but I just want this to work.

I've got a script that automatically updates the # of pledges and pledge $.

As soon as I get Trevor's cooperation, it'll be live.

Midnight77
11-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I've got a script that automatically updates the # of pledges and pledge $.

As soon as I get Trevor's cooperation, it'll be live.

Awesome.

I didn't mean for that to come of snippy or anything, but I simply want people to see the momentum building for it so they will be encouraged to take part in it, since we're working with a deadline here.

terlinguatx
11-25-2007, 10:02 PM

nathanmn
11-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Man, i don't know if these can be trusted. I think we should just allow people to pledge $100. Wait till we get about 2000, and then have them give whatever they want on the fundraising day

edit: Or keep things as they are but merge the top three categories into a single $1000 - $5000 category, but in the total just count each subscrition in this category as $1000. Therefore on average it'll counteract any shill pledges.

Something needs to be done. Either those pledges need to be verified in some manner or disallowed. A few people with a bunch of fake email addresses could easily make fake donations and screw the whole thing up. Shenanigans are too easy to pull off with this setup. Some of our less respectful and mature supporters have pissed people off ( http://fredsgivingday.com/ ) and it isn't too far fetched to believe that they might be try to screw this project up.

nathanmn
11-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Especially when you see that there are more $5,000 pledges than $2,500, $1,000, and $500... you know that those aren't all real.

Primbs
11-26-2007, 01:00 AM

14,500 ads and Romney is not polling at 50% for 1st in New Hampshire. Just goes to show you that unlimited TV ads don't guarantee results. We need to do a combo of TV and pr events.

wisconsinite
11-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Especially when you see that there are more $5,000 pledges than $2,500, $1,000, and $500... you know that those aren't all real.

Not necessarily. If someone has a lot they can give, it's very likely they'd pledge the max $5000. If someone has to live more on a budget, they'll only give $25, $50 or $100. I think less people fall in the middle.

Plus there is an incentive of rides in the blimp for those who give $5000.

Elijah
11-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Something needs to be done. Either those pledges need to be verified in some manner or disallowed. A few people with a bunch of fake email addresses could easily make fake donations and screw the whole thing up. Shenanigans are too easy to pull off with this setup. Some of our less respectful and mature supporters have pissed people off ( http://fredsgivingday.com/ ) and it isn't too far fetched to believe that they might be try to screw this project up.

Believe us!! We are not ignoring this as a possibility! We are interviewing loyal Ron Paul webmasters tonight and tomorrow and will have this fixed shortly. The first site was primitive and served its purpose as to the interest level in the project. It is being taken to the next level now.

We are still looking for a videographer!! We need them to start the project and be in North Carolina by as early as December 5th!!

This will be part of history!! And we would like them to document from the moment the decals get put on!!

BerlinForFreedom
11-26-2007, 06:51 PM

I was also concerned but I have some good news. right now we have 205,375 $ pledged and 485 + 241 + 248 + 67 + 15 + 8 + 3 + 24 = 1091 pledges. So the average donation size is 187$. If the donation size were resticted to 2300 $, average donation size would be 128$ . ((205,375$ - 65400$ ) / 1091$)

Thats already comparable to the average donation sizes of Nov 5th and Nov 11th. Keep in mind that some people couldn't donate 2300$ on Nov 5th and Nov 11th because they already donated before. Many fake 5000$ pledges would skyrocket the average donation size.

Also keep in mind that more people will donate then pledge.

Conclusion: I think we can get the money, there are probably only a few fake pledges.

noztnac
12-02-2007, 02:28 AM
I posted $25 and it's legit.