PDA

View Full Version : Tamerlan Tsarnaev, Dead Bombing Suspect: "I Don't Have a Single American Friend"

cajuncocoa
04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Police have identified Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, as the "black hat" bombing suspect, killed during the manhunt that followed. Readers have pointed out that Johannes Hirn made (http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Will-Box-For-Passport/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/I000016v_q53EMd4)Tsarnaev the subject of a photo essay (http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery/Will-Box-For-Passport/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/), "Will Box for Passport," taken before the boxer competed at National Golden Gloves competition in Salt Lake City. The captions give us a micro-profile of the suspect.

Tamerlan, who studies at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston and wants to become an engineer, took the semester off from school to train for the competition.

Tamerlan fled Chechnya with his family because of the conflict in the early 90s, and lived for years in Kazakhstan before getting to the United States as a refugee.

Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."

If he wins enough fights ... Tamerlan says he could be selected for the US Olympic team and be naturalized American. Unless his native Chechnya becomes independent, Tamerlan says he would rather compete for the United States than for Russia.

Tamerlan says he doesn't drink or smoke anymore: "God said no alcohol." A muslim, he says: "There are no values anymore," and worries that "people can't control themselves."

This YouTube account may be Tsarnaev's (http://www.youtube.com/user/muazseyfullah).

UPDATE: Justin Hart located Tamerlan's Amazon wishlist (http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=1PNVMAW2D4CT1). Among the hits:

- How to Make Driver's Licenses and Other ID on Your Home Computer

- The I.D. Forger: Homemade Birth Certificates & ​Other Documents Explained

- Secrets Of A Back Alley ID Man: Fake Id Construction Techniques Of The Underground

- The Lone Wolf And the Bear: Three Centuries of Chechen Defiance of Russian Rule

- Organized Crime: AN INSIDE GUIDE TO THE WORLD'S MOST SUCCESSFUL INDUSTRY

And, of course...

- How to Win Friends & Influ​ence People

Read more on Slate about the Boston Marathon bombing (http://www.slate.com/topics/b/boston_marathon_bombing.html).

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/04/19/tamerlan_tsarnaev_dead_bombing_suspect_i_don_t_hav e_a_single_american_friend.html

jmdrake
04-19-2013, 09:59 AM
If he's been living here since he was 5, where did he get his paramilitary training?

LibertyEagle
04-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Damn, I hate people being tried in the media. They may be guilty; I don't know. That is what trials are for. Not this bullshit looking at Amazon, or quoting one damn sentence that one of them said about not having any American friends. It's an attempt at demonizing them and desensitizing people giving a damn about what happens to these guys. It's wrong and every American should know that. The very same thing could be done to any one of us.

KingNothing
04-19-2013, 10:17 AM
I can't believe we let someone named Tamerlane into our country. Does anyone not think "mass murder" when they hear that name? A conquering lunatic ruined that name for everyone.

itshappening
04-19-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't believe this quote... he has many friends who are American and speak well of him.

itshappening
04-19-2013, 10:24 AM
BTW, I speculated yesterday that the delay from the FBI might be because they were setting up an 'online trail' which is sorely needed for any self-respecting patsy in today's digital age.

Kind of like the equivalent of the LHO picture with a gun and in combats on the cover of that magazine.

I'm sure they've put enough 'devastating' stuff out there to make him look insane/bad/hateful/

KingNothing
04-19-2013, 10:30 AM
BTW, I speculated yesterday that the delay from the FBI might be because they were setting up an 'online trail' which is sorely needed for any self-respecting patsy in today's digital age.

Kind of like the equivalent of the LHO picture with a gun and in combats on the cover of that magazine.

I'm sure they've put enough 'devastating' stuff out there to make him look insane/bad/hateful/

Yep, because that is the best way to set up a trail. After the fact. Not before. Genius move.

fisharmor
04-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Damn, I hate people being tried in the media. They may be guilty; I don't know. That is what trials are for. Not this bullshit looking at Amazon, or quoting one damn sentence that one of them said about not having any American friends. It's an attempt at demonizing them and desensitizing people giving a damn about what happens to these guys. It's wrong and every American should know that. The very same thing could be done to any one of us.

But there is no other reason to treat terrorism as something other than a crime.
Trials are for criminals. Terrorists aren't criminals. Terrorism just gets crushed without asking questions.

LibertyEagle
04-19-2013, 10:37 AM
But there is no other reason to treat terrorism as something other than a crime.
Trials are for criminals. Terrorists aren't criminals. Terrorism just gets crushed without asking questions.

Innocent until proven guilty.

ClydeCoulter
04-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Would my Amazon wishlist be public? (I don't have one, but...)

RickyJ
04-19-2013, 10:38 AM

Right, you can't just assume they are guilty just because the police say they are, they don't deserve that kind of trust from us and we would be fools to give it to them. We need evidence of their guilt. They could be guilty, but if they aren't and they kill them both, then that would enable the real bombers to get away with this. The Boston Bomb squad was having a drill take place at the some time as the Marathon I have heard. If this is true then it is mighty suspicious that a real bomb would then be detonated at the same time as the drill.

ClydeCoulter
04-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Yep, because that is the best way to set up a trail. After the fact. Not before. Genius move.

Common practice. It's called a setup. Drop a bag of weed, take their house, car, etc...

edit: or put the speed limit sign so that tree limbs hide it...etc...maybe the forces have been cleaned up now, and those things no longer happen.

amy31416
04-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Would my Amazon wishlist be public? (I don't have one, but...)

I don't have a wishlist either, I don't think. But if my history were published and you tried to draw a picture of me from that--well that'd be comical. :p

cajuncocoa
04-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Would my Amazon wishlist be public? (I don't have one, but...)You have the option of making it public or keeping it private

dannno
04-19-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't believe this quote... he has many friends who are American and speak well of him.

Not to mention there was a photo in that boxing photo essay posted above with a very attractive female looking at him, you could tell she thought he was cute. They were 'sparring partners'. Photos are gone now.

amy31416
04-19-2013, 10:57 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU8kLtxNepOFS1ucuvsaSNlXiBFuQbk 5aNnlgZZVCZ6xPO14hE

I assume this is the gf.

Pericles
04-19-2013, 11:19 AM
If he's been living here since he was 5, where did he get his paramilitary training?

From a right wing, fundamentalist Christian militia, where else? /s

itshappening
04-19-2013, 11:44 AM
On twitter this "i've no American friends" quote is being blasted out by all the propaganda outlets.

The demonization has begun.

RickyJ
04-19-2013, 11:46 AM
On twitter this "i've no American friends" quote is being blasted out by all the propaganda outlets.

The demonization has begun.

I lived here all my life and I can pretty much say the same thing. It means nothing.

Aratus
04-19-2013, 11:50 AM
LibertyEagle, if we want a dress rehearsal for how FEMA + MEMA would respond to 10+ terror incidents like what we just saw given if you
extrapolate out to statewide martial law being imposed, then indeed we are inside the same. this all is like something J. EDGAR HOOVER
would have done under FDR over several Southern or Midwestern counties if going after somebody like John Dillinger. I cannot guess at
when things go back to normal for Newton and Waltham, let alone Cambridge. This is like a whole county being under house arrest. I am
on the other side of 128 and from what I can see, even to see the mass transit service being down for something other than the weather is
unique and unusual. I repeat, in MY living memory, I have not seen anything like this in MY quiet and rustic neck of the woods proverbially.

parocks
04-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Right, you can't just assume they are guilty just because the police say they are, they don't deserve that kind of trust from us and we would be fools to give it to them. We need evidence of their guilt. They could be guilty, but if they aren't and they kill them both, then that would enable the real bombers to get away with this. The Boston Bomb squad was having a drill take place at the some time as the Marathon I have heard. If this is true then it is mighty suspicious that a real bomb would then be detonated at the same time as the drill.

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/UM-Coach-Bomb-Sniffing-Dogs-Spotters-on-Roofs/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

There were bomb sniffing dogs there.

They told the spectator it was a drill.

That doesn't mean there was a drill.

Also likely, they were looking for a bomb.

trey4sports
04-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Well said