PDA

View Full Version : A glimpse into Chechen terrorism

Bastiat's The Law
04-19-2013, 07:01 AM
To put Chechen terrorism into perspective, I encourage everyone watch the The Children of Beslan documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVOMo3Ei5jE

enhanced_deficit
04-19-2013, 07:09 AM
This 19 year guy apparently grew up in America since he was kid. So his environment was not same as those in Russia or Russiam territories? I won't think there is anything genetically different about all Chechens although they have been in a violent struggle with Russia first as US allies and now on the other side.

Obama, Medvedev meet, Russia pleased with US Chechen move

Obama and Medvedev met in Washington for wide-ranging talks as US targeted Chechen insurgent leader before talks.

U.S. President Barack Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev agreed on Thursday to allow U.S. companies to restart exports of poultry to Russia as US targeted Chechen insurgent leader before talks.

Speaking to reporters after talks with his Russian counterpart, Obama said the United States supported Moscow's bid to join the World Trade Organization and both leaders said they hoped to have technical issues that have stymied that effort resolved by the fall.

Chechen insurgent targeted

Meanwhile, The United States on Wednesday said it had listed Chechen insurgent leader as a "terrorist", a step that is likely to please the Kremlin on the eve of talks between Obama and Medvedev.

The State Department said the listing, approved by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, would help to stem the flow of funds to Chechen insurgent leader Doku Umarov, who styles himself the "Emir of the Caucasus Emirate."

"The designation of Umarov is in direct response to the threats posed to United States and Russia," Daniel Benjamin, the Department of State's Coordinator for Counterterrorism, said in a statement.

One of the most populous regions in the mainly Muslim north Caucasus, Chechnya which declared independency after the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 but was attacked by Russian forces in two wars since the mid-1990s. Still low-level insurgency continues in Muslim states.

Fries, Twitters and trade

Thursday's meeting was the seventh between Obama and Medvedev and officials on both sides are eager to underscore their "close personal ties."

Obama treated Medvedev to a cheeseburger lunch at a restaurant outside of Washington. The two leaders shared fries. "Probably it's not quite healthy, but it's very tasty, and you feel -- you can feel the spirit of America," Medvedev said of the meal.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=60480

Not sure yet what to make of these old reports.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/chechnya-burns-putin-kills-but-obama-talks-treaty/

V3n
04-19-2013, 07:09 AM
I'll add that to my watchlist - but in the mean time - do they tie Chechen violence to Al-Queda ? Or do they have their own brand and things they are fighting for?

itshappening
04-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Why would a chechen attack the US? doesn't make sense.

their grievance is with Russia/

pcosmar
04-19-2013, 07:16 AM

Shh,,
Don't screw with their narrative.

Bastiat's The Law
04-19-2013, 07:32 AM

Here's your answer (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?411827-Boston-Bomb-Suspects-From-Russia-region-near-Chechnya-One-Suspect-Dead&p=4984195&viewfull=1#post4984195) and it's more Ron Paul than Alex Jones, much to your chagrin.

itshappening
04-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Here's your answer (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?411827-Boston-Bomb-Suspects-From-Russia-region-near-Chechnya-One-Suspect-Dead&p=4984195&viewfull=1#post4984195) and it's more Ron Paul than Alex Jones, much to your chagrin.

This is just speculation. I told you to wait a while and you'll see the strange shit coming out. They can't whitewash so easily in the digital age.

ronpaulfollower999
04-19-2013, 07:55 AM
I'll add that to my watchlist - but in the mean time - do they tie Chechen violence to Al-Queda ? Or do they have their own brand and things they are fighting for?

MSM keeps talking up an Al-Queda/Chechen connection.

itshappening
04-19-2013, 07:55 AM
Apparently the guy has his own youtube account re muslim terrorism... convenient!

Darguth
04-19-2013, 08:40 AM

I think it's worth remembering that while the attack occurred on U.S. soil that the Boston Marathon is a very international event. The "message" behind it might have a multinational target audience.

jmdrake
04-19-2013, 08:45 AM

Weaksauce answer. We're funding the terrorists in Syria. This is actually more along the lines of "We created and funded Al Qaeda and they then carried out 9/11". State sponsored terrorism coming home as opposed to "blowback" which is "we attack the other side and they get mad and come after us."

Cap
04-19-2013, 08:47 AM
I think we should be aware that all of this could be the on-set of martial law coming our way. Just a thought.

pcosmar
04-19-2013, 08:58 AM
I think it's worth remembering that while the attack occurred on U.S. soil that the Boston Marathon is a very international event. The "message" behind it might have a multinational target audience.
But no "message" was ever given.

No list of demands..
No taking credit.
No "manifesto" released.

in full contrast to other politically motivated bombings.

Sort of open ended and nebulous "threat".

History does however have a clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fySYxvV4rZA

Bastiat's The Law
04-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Weaksauce answer. We're funding the terrorists in Syria. This is actually more along the lines of "We created and funded Al Qaeda and they then carried out 9/11". State sponsored terrorism coming home as opposed to "blowback" which is "we attack the other side and they get mad and come after us."
It's a bit more complicated than that. This has more to do with perceived grievances in the Islamic world. Read Scheuer's books on the matter.

jmdrake
04-19-2013, 09:06 AM
It's a bit more complicated than that. This has more to do with perceived grievances in the Islamic world. Read Scheuer's books on the matter.

I'm quite familair with Scheuer's work. And I also know that he tends to ignore/gloss over things that don't fit the "blowback" narrative. For instance I've never seen him comment on the fact that 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers came through the CIA run "visa express" desk hosted in Jeddah Saudi Arabia. Nor have I seen him comment on the 1993 WTC bombing where an FBI informant made the bomb. No comment from him on former terrorism czar Richard Clarke's allegations that the CIA identified the hijackers in the U.S. prior to 9/11 and was trying to recruit them. Oh Scheuer has some good stuff to be sure. But he doesn't give a complete picture.

V3n
04-19-2013, 09:10 AM
MSM keeps talking up an Al-Queda/Chechen connection.

The keep saying that, but I haven't seen any truth to it.

pcosmar
04-19-2013, 09:17 AM
But he doesn't give a complete picture.

He is also CIA,, and CIA sympathetic.

Folks like that he has backed up some of what Ron Paul was pointing out,, but I would never trust him.

Never trust a spook.

donnay
04-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Apparently the guy has his own youtube account re muslim terrorism... convenient!

Then by God it must be true! Government would never stage and set up people...oh no.

compromise
04-19-2013, 09:44 AM

There were Chechen fighters in Afghanistan, although the extent to which there were has been exaggerated by the MSM. Many senior members of extreme Islamist groups there are Chechens. When the Taliban were in power in Afghanistan, they recognized Chechnya as an independent nation and provided financial support to it. As a result, many individual Chechens sympathize with the global Islamist cause.