PDA

View Full Version : Newtown Sides with NRA: Votes for Armed Guards In Schools

sailingaway
04-18-2013, 09:46 PM
I prefer permitting teachers and administrators to go armed, not turning a campus into a prison, particularly since the 'designated' guards can be avoided more easily than unknown concealed carry teachers and administrators. But it is for Newtown to decide.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/01/Newtown-Votes-To-Put-Armed-Guards-In-Schools

Anti Federalist
04-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Turning? o_0

Keith and stuff
04-18-2013, 10:18 PM
I prefer permitting teachers and administrators to go armed, not turning a campus into a prison, particularly since the 'designated' guards can be avoided more easily than unknown concealed carry teachers and administrators. But it is for Newtown to decide.
The NRA also supports permitting administrators to be trained and armed.

bolil
04-18-2013, 10:24 PM
What is to keep a kid from getting his/her hands on a teachers gun? Teachers screw up, I think private contractors would do the trick (ex mil or otherwise) whose only purpose is to meet an (alleged) lanza esque threat with lethal force. Of course, there are contingencies to be worked out. One, that immediately comes to mind, is that the contract should specify that agents are not there to provide general security and only to intervene in life or death cases involving the use of a firearm. Not fights, not smoking in the boys room, perhaps not even stabbings.

juleswin
04-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Good for em. This move would have actually prevented the Newton shooting and not the "common sense" regulation they are talking about in Washington

J_White
04-18-2013, 11:04 PM
good !

RonPaulMall
04-18-2013, 11:46 PM
What is to keep a kid from getting his/her hands on a teachers gun? Teachers screw up, I think private contractors would do the trick (ex mil or otherwise) whose only purpose is to meet an (alleged) lanza esque threat with lethal force. Of course, there are contingencies to be worked out. One, that immediately comes to mind, is that the contract should specify that agents are not there to provide general security and only to intervene in life or death cases involving the use of a firearm. Not fights, not smoking in the boys room, perhaps not even stabbings.

My take would be that if you live in a school district where they need private armed military contractors to patrol the hall, you really need to move. And if you can't afford to, then you need to home school your child.

Sola_Fide
04-19-2013, 12:11 AM
My take would be that if you live in a school district where they need private armed military contractors to patrol the hall, you really need to move. And if you can't afford to, then you need to home school your child.

The solution to all of this is homeschooling. That is why guns at school, while a good idea, is not the ultimate solution.

jmdrake
04-19-2013, 05:43 AM
What is to keep a kid from getting his/her hands on a teachers gun? Teachers screw up,

Make any teacher volunteering to do this go through mandatory training. Problem solved.

I think private contractors would do the trick (ex mil or otherwise) whose only purpose is to meet an (alleged) lanza esque threat with lethal force. Of course, there are contingencies to be worked out. One, that immediately comes to mind, is that the contract should specify that agents are not there to provide general security and only to intervene in life or death cases involving the use of a firearm. Not fights, not smoking in the boys room, perhaps not even stabbings.

LOL. You're kidding right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk2b_twCCdw

Christian Liberty
04-19-2013, 07:24 AM

If people are getting stabbed I think that's serious enough for security to get involved, otherwise why the crap do we have them?