PDA

View Full Version : NH: Eighty-One Years for Weed?

CaseyJones
04-18-2013, 04:22 PM
http://www.vice.com/read/eighty-one-years-for-weed

Here’s how absurd the war on drugs has gotten: firstly, an activist from Keene, New Hampshire, is facing 81 years in prison for dealing marijuana; and secondly, even though he’s admitted on camera that he did sell about a pound of pot to an FBI informant, he’s still fighting the case in court in hopes the jury will acquit him.

The man’s name is Rich Paul, and his ordeal started last May, when he was arrested for selling weed and LSD (he claims he sold a legal chemical compound that wasn’t LSD). Instead of being charged with a crime, he wrote in a Facebook note about the incident and was taken to see an FBI agent named Philip Christiana, who threatened to throw the book at him unless he turned informer on his friends. According to Rich, Phil wanted him to wear a wire into meetings of a local political group he belonged to called the Keene Activist Center, lie to them about his arrest, and encourage them to commit crimes. Rich said no, and shared his story with the public—even going so far as to explain on video that he had been busted after selling ounces of weed to a confidential informant on multiple occasions.

There are several odd things about this trial, which started today. (Follow live updates through this Facebook page.) First, it’s not clear why the FBI, or this particular agent, was so keen, pun intended, to go after the KAC. Although the organization is “liberty-minded” (in other words, not fans of the police or other forms of government), it’s also explicitly nonviolent. Those kind of libertarian/anarchist/whatever-you-want-to-call-it politics are common in New Hampshire—in fact, groups like the Shire Society and the Free State Project encourage people who are tired of being hassled by the Man to move to the state, and the Keene area in particular. Acts of civil disobedience by the KAC and other activists are relatively common; Rich himself organized 4:20 PM “smoke-ins” at Keene’s Central Square to protest drug-prohibition laws.

more at link ^

DamianTV
04-18-2013, 04:49 PM
When the Legal Consequences of a Controlled Substance are worse than the Medical Consequences of a Controlled Substance, you have True Injustice.

Christian Liberty
04-18-2013, 04:51 PM
When the Legal Consequences of a Controlled Substance are worse than the Medical Consequences of a Controlled Substance, you have True Injustice.

That there's ANY legal consequence for doing something that only medically consequences yourself shows true injustice.

In New York, the max sentence for freaking RAPE is 25 years. I think that even my anti-drug family would agree that an 81 year sentence for this is insane...

Mini-Me
04-18-2013, 05:11 PM
All things considered, Keene's probably the one place where he's most likely to receive a real jury trial by a fully informed jury. Let's see if they can de facto nullify the law by jury nullification here...I sure hope so, for this guy's sake.

Natural Citizen
04-18-2013, 05:45 PM
I think it's illegal because billionaires want to remain billionaires. The courts reinforce the model via the gavel. Any move to legalize seems to be coming from those who themselves have a vested business interest in it.

fr33
04-18-2013, 05:56 PM
All things considered, Keene's probably the one place where he's most likely to receive a real jury trial by a fully informed jury. Let's see if they can de facto nullify the law by jury nullification here...I sure hope so, for this guy's sake.
Unfortunately that didn't happen :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79hm-6T0YWE

ItsTime
04-18-2013, 06:02 PM
The nark that informed on him is a heroin dealer that cut a deal to nark on Mr. Paul.

Mini-Me
04-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Son of a bitch...I hope every single one of those cowardly jurors ends up jailed for a similar "crime against the state" after this miscarriage of justice (since enforcing unjust laws against fellow citizens isn't an official crime, enforcement of another unjust law will have to make do).

Dr.3D
04-18-2013, 06:06 PM
When the consequences for selling pot are worse or as bad as they are for murder, I can see why people would resort to murder to keep from being brought in.

Christian Liberty
04-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Shame on them.

Keith and stuff
04-18-2013, 06:15 PM
The local prosecutor offered a plea deal of ZERO jail time for all 5 charges combined if Rich would plead guilty to the felonies. Rich turned it down on principle. The Boston Terrorist Task Force of the FBI offered Rich a deal if he would wear a wire into the Keene Activities Center. Rich also turned that deal down, thank goodness. The FBI was using 4 of its Boston Terrorist people on this investigation instead of trying to protect the people of New England from terrorism. Look at what recently happened in New England.

mczerone
04-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Sad day.

Lessons that I'm taking from this: (1) People, as represented by the unanimous decision of these 12, are devout to the state. (2) The trial by jury is dead - the jurors don't bring independent judgment to their decisions, they just rubber stamp the state's law.

KrokHead
04-18-2013, 06:18 PM
And baby killers, child predators, and rapists get out in a decade. SIGH

mczerone
04-18-2013, 06:23 PM
He hasn't been sentenced yet, 81 years would be the max on the different charges he's facing if served consecutively.

Hopefully the judge will take some mercy and recognize that just Monday, Rich could have been let go with less time in jail than he's served this afternoon.

Demanding any more jail time than he's already served is simply punishing Rich for demanding a trial. If (when) that happens, we can take it as a sign that justice under the US govts has flat-lined and is beyond resuscitation.

Keith and stuff
04-18-2013, 06:47 PM
The nark that informed on him is a heroin dealer that cut a deal to nark on Mr. Paul.
Yup. This is what Boston's FBI Terrorist Task Force believes.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37112806.jpg

kcchiefs6465
04-18-2013, 06:47 PM
When the consequences for selling pot are worse or as bad as they are for murder, I can see why people would resort to murder to keep from being brought in.
Not that it would be right either way, but the majority of his time is probably for the LSD. LSD and psilocybin mushrooms carry outrageous prison sentences. Up to life in many states, IIRC.

It's a damn shame either way.

Keith and stuff
04-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Not that it would be right either way, but the majority of his time is probably for the LSD. LSD and psilocybin mushrooms carry outrageous prison sentences. Up to life in many states, IIRC.

Rich didn't sell LSD. He sold a perfectly legal substance. He was convicted because they prosecutor convinced the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that Rich thought what he sold was LSD even though Rich didn't call it that.

mczerone
04-18-2013, 06:51 PM

Again, he hasn't been sentenced yet, but the LSD charge was a single one vs. many for distribution of pot.

The horrible thing about the LSD charge is that it wasn't ever called LSD when Rich sold it, and it wasn't even LSD that he sold. It was a legal chemical that could also be called "acid".

But these little facts don't bother juries.

kcchiefs6465
04-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Rich didn't sell LSD. He sold a perfectly legal substance. He was convicted because they prosecutor convinced the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that Rich thought what he sold was LSD even though Rich didn't call it that.
What did Rich call it? I mean, most people aren't going to come right out and say 'this is LSD.' They are going to say they have microdots or tabs or flintstone vitamins (wink, wink) or whatever they'll say. I don't agree with those laws either. (if you sell baking soda as cocaine, it's the same as selling cocaine) It is fraud, and he shouldn't have done it, but it doesn't warrant anywhere near 81 years maximum, imo.

Christian Liberty
04-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Doesn't New Hampshire allow you to educate the jury on jury nullifcation?

kcchiefs6465
04-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Again, he hasn't been sentenced yet, but the LSD charge was a single one vs. many for distribution of pot.

The horrible thing about the LSD charge is that it wasn't ever called LSD when Rich sold it, and it wasn't even LSD that he sold. It was a legal chemical that could also be called "acid".

But these little facts don't bother juries.
Well I don't know NH laws but in my state if you represent something as the drug, you are getting charged the same as if it was. (a bullshit law) And again I don't know much about NH laws, but I wouldn't be surprised if that one LSD felony is 10-20 years. (mandatory minimum. They are serious about that and mushrooms) It was probably more than that depending on how much weed he sold. Where I lived, selling over 100 grams was a felony. (you would maybe get a number and do a year for it) They tried some henhouse shit of weighing it with the bag to put you over 100g because it wasn't considered a 'crime' when the weight was under it.

How much 'acid' was he trying to sell? If he had a whole bottle of fake LSD (which he'd be charged the same as if it were real) 75 of his 81 years are probably just for that.

TheTexan
04-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Demanding any more jail time than he's already served is simply punishing Rich for demanding a trial. If (when) that happens, we can take it as a sign that justice under the US govts has flat-lined and is beyond resuscitation.

Indeed. The charges against him are 1) Sale of plant, and 2) Contempt of state

Obviously any amount of time in prison for him is too much, but if he gets any serious time? That's fucked up.

The Live Free or Die state

Prove it, ... is all I will say

Keith and stuff
04-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Doesn't New Hampshire allow you to educate the jury on jury nullifcation?
Yes. The defense brought it up but the public defender did a terrible job presenting it, IMO. The prosecution also slightly brought it up in his closing statement. The defense asked the judge to bring it up. The prosecution said that it was OK with the judge bring it up. The judge refused to bring it up. HB146, the bill that passed in 2012 that allowed this, was originally worded so that the judge had to bring it up. However, when the NH Constitution was studied, it was claimed the judge cannot be forced to bring it up so the bill was amended to say that the defense is allowed to bring it up, which happened.

I am not sure if the jury really understood the issue, despite both the defense and prosecutor slightly bringing it up and quite a few activists standing outside the courthouse in the morning for 3 days in a row with signs about the issue. If the jury did, I guess it didn't think that the 5 charges were morally repugnant charges. Keep in mind that Rich is the person that co-created the famous, daily 420 Rallies at the Keene Central Square.

BTW, 1 420 Rally happened today and like usual, the police stayed away. The local and state police don't seem very interested in punishing people like Rich. The undercover equipment, training and money came from the FBI. The FBI thought investigating a pot dealer with 4 of their Boston Joint Terrorism Task Force people was the best use of their time.

Keith and stuff
04-18-2013, 07:27 PM
The Live Free or Die state
Prove it, ... is all I will say
NH isn't even close to perfect but it was largely the FBI's Boston Terrorism Task Forces case. The FBI brought in the heroin dealer, the confidential informant. The FBI's Boston Terrorism experts trained him. The FBI gave him the codename Socrates. The FBI provides the camera and audio equipment. The FBI was in charge of searching the confidential informant. The FBI equipped Socrates. The FBI produced the videos. The FBI offered Rich a deal to wear a wire in the Keene Activities Center, a private club. The FBI provided the money. Well, it was taxpayer money but the FBI gave it to Socrates to give to Rich.

TheTexan
04-18-2013, 07:28 PM
NH isn't even close to perfect but it was largely the FBI's Boston Terrorism Task Forces case. The FBI brought in the heroin dealer, the confidential informant. The FBI trained him. The FBI gave him the codename Socrates. The FBI provides the camera and audio equipment. The FBI was in charge of searching the confidential informant. The FBI equipped Socrates. The FBI produced the videos. The FBI's Terrorism experts trained Socrates. The FBI offered Rich a deal to wear a wire in the Keene Activities Center, a private club. The FBI provided the money. Well, it was taxpayer money but the FBI gave it to Socrates to give to Rich.

I believe it. All the more reason to do something about it.

jkr
04-18-2013, 07:52 PM
MURDERERS
RAPIST
CHILD MOLESTERS
BANK$TERS
ARMED ROBBERS
PYROMANIACS
HIT MEN
CAR JACKERS
GANG BANGERS
hell, ACTUAL MOBSTERS
LYING "POLITICIANS"
ALL DO LESS TIME
YEAH...they got NUTHIN on a "pot" smoke'n hippy

w()w MANNNnnnn...

this countries priorities are WAY out of WICKETTY-WACK

pacelli
04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
So I guess the free state movement isn't able to assist? Isn't Keene the center of the whole thing?

TheTexan
04-18-2013, 08:01 PM
So I guess the free state movement isn't able to assist? Isn't Keene the center of the whole thing?

Yes, they are able to help using the mechanism in place built into the constitution for these exact circumstances. Whether it gets exercised... (anywhere, not just NH..)... is a different story

familydog
04-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Wow, makes me want to pick up and move right up to Keene. This could never happen even in Pennsylvania.

Keith and stuff
04-18-2013, 08:09 PM
There is no free state movement IMO. That's a media created term. Maybe 10% of free staters in NH live in Cheshire County, the county with Keene, so no. Keene isn't the center of anything except maybe statist power in NH.

Free staters helped get HB146 passed into law last year so the defense (and in this case) the prosecutor were able to argue that even if the jury found that Rich Paul was guilty and the state proved it's case, they could still find Rich Paul not guilty as they have the ability to judge the law. Free staters showed up, dozens of them, and watched the trail that lasted 3 days. Free staters and locals showed up in the morning and did informed jury outreach. Some free staters tried to give him tips on how to go about his defense. Free staters got the media to cover this; otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about it right now. So free staters greatly assisted with the case. At last 100,000s of people have heard of this case already. Free staters tried to interview jury members after the fact.

And it is possible that the whole case was about the FBI's Boston Terrorism Task Force trying to get inside the Keene Activities Center instead of trying to investigate terrorist threats in Boston.

Keith and stuff
04-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Wow, makes me want to pick up and move right up to Keene. This could never happen even in Pennsylvania.
The FBI actually has offices in Pennsylvania. It is in all 50 states.

familydog
04-18-2013, 08:11 PM
The FBI actually has offices in Pennsylvania. It is in all 50 states.

I meant the sentencing.

Keith and stuff
04-18-2013, 08:17 PM
I meant the sentencing.
I don't understand what you mean by that. We don't know what the sentencing is. In fact, a sentencing hearing hasn't even been set yet. Rich was offered a possible deal by the FBI and a deal by NH. The NH deal would have meant zero jail time. He is facing up to 81 years right now, especially due to the dealing in large amount charges.

What would the max time for the 5 charges combined be in PA? 50 years if white? Maybe 100 if black :(

IDefendThePlatform
04-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Not that I want to sensationalize the recent bombing in Boston anymore than the MSM already has, but I think Keith and stuff makes a great point for anti-drug war publicity when you consider the BOSTON ANTI TERRORISM TASK FORCE was busy harassing a pot dealer while the Boston marathon bombings were being planned and executed.

Keith and stuff
04-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Still no update on a sentencing hearing. The video of the trial is online. The video is almost 9 hours long. I recommend watching the opening arguments and closing statements if you want to get much of the highlights within 2 hours of video. Somewhere in this YouTube video are the 2 undercover sting operations by the FBI's Boston Terrorism Task Force. There is full video and audio of those Terrorist stings by the FBI. They are the most damning evidence. Perhaps the reason the jury found Rich Paul guilty?

Rich Paul’s Full Trial Video
April 20, 2013 by Ian
http://freekeene.com/2013/04/20/rich-pauls-full-trial-video/

Clocking in at nearly nine hours (spread over three days) – this is the full raw video of Rich Paul being tried and found guilty by a jury of his so-called peers of selling cannabis and something that the state claimed he said was LSD, but it was not and he never claimed it was. The trial video features FBI agent Phil Christiana who perjures himself and several cops including drug task force members as well as snitch and heroin dealer Richard DuPont Jr.

In case you haven’t heard the story of how the police and FBI released a heroin dealer to catch a pot dealer, in order to turn him against his liberty activist friends in the Free State Project, here’s some (http://freekeene.com/2013/04/10/police-to-release-heroin-dealer-to-bust-cannabis-dealer/) of the backstory (http://freekeene.com/2013/04/11/rich-pauls-story-part-1-activist-entrapped-blackmailed-by-fbi/):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm3WU2J5HOk
As always, please feel free to download the video via keepvid.com and use the video how you want. I hope someone can make a highlight reel – there is so much footage!

Anti Federalist
04-21-2013, 04:56 PM
According to Rich, Phil wanted him to wear a wire into meetings of a local political group he belonged to called the Keene Activist Center, lie to them about his arrest, and encourage them to commit crimes. Rich said no, and shared his story with the public.

And that's why he'll rot in prison for the rest of his natural life.

Fuck the Just-Us system.

Lucille
04-21-2013, 06:30 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. When is his sentencing?

Unfortunately that didn't happen :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79hm-6T0YWE

"Because we didn't want to disobey the law." --Bootlicker juror in the blue coat.

He had a public defender? Ugh.

Anti Federalist
04-21-2013, 06:40 PM
He had a public defender? Ugh.

The other reason why he is off to prison.

Lucille
04-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Yup. He should have known better.

I do hope he has grounds for appeal, and will hire an atty. who isn't owned by the state.

Rule to Live By: Never, ever have a public defender "represent" you.

(Guess who else (http://www.lawfareblog.com/2013/04/federal-public-defender-to-represent-boston-marathon-suspect-dzhokhar-tsarnaev/) is getting a public defender?)

ItsTime
04-21-2013, 06:51 PM
The other reason why he is off to prison.

He should have pulled a Weedaclaus and represented himself.

kcchiefs6465
04-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Yup. He should have known better.

I do hope he has grounds for appeal, and will hire an atty. who isn't owned by the state.

Rule to Live By: Never, ever have a public defender "represent" you.

(Guess who else (http://www.lawfareblog.com/2013/04/federal-public-defender-to-represent-boston-marathon-suspect-dzhokhar-tsarnaev/) is getting a public defender?)
I know you know it isn't that simple though. No one chooses a public pretender.

Money talks and all that.

Lindsey
04-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Public Defender or not, once they got you, they got you. I posted my experience serving on a jury on another thread recently, but basically, my thoughts are that you have no chance, (at least in my county,) if your case goes to a jury trial.

Keith and stuff
04-22-2013, 09:27 PM
You can visit Rich Paul now. He is currently in the Cheshire County Jail located on Route 101 in Keene, New Hampshire. Though, he might be moved.

Some activists visited him today. Ian Freeman of Free Talk Live and Free Keene asked Rich some followup questions from the Vice.com interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ann2rWr5s8w

Krzysztof Lesiak
04-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Ok, so now I know what all these profile pictures on Facebook were about.

Keith and stuff
04-24-2013, 07:48 PM
I disagree with this but I'm still posting it. I was at the trial. Rich sold a bunch of pot and I'm not surprised he was convicted of it. The jury was 100% wrong to convict him of selling LSD, since he didn't and never claimed to and acid is a street name for a bunch of legal and illegal drugs... but anyway.

-Judge in Rich Paul Case Undermines Jury Nullification Law with Misinformation in Jury Instructions

Judge in Rich Paul Case Undermines Informed Jury Law
with Misinformation in Jury Instructions
http://fija.org/2013/04/18/judge-in-rich-paul-case-undermines-jury-nullification-law-with-misinformation-in-jury-instructions/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Helena, MT—A Cheshire County, New Hampshire jury convicted local marijuana and liberty activist Rich Paul today on five felony counts of victimless drug charges. Paul had disputed one of the charges on the facts and had openly pursued jury nullification on the other four charges, which involved the sale of small amounts of marijuana. The buyer turned out to be an FBI-paid informant who had entrapped Paul in exchange for leniency for his own heroin offense.

In 2012, New Hampshire passed HB 146, a fully informed jury bill, which guaranteed defendants the ability in court “to inform the jury of its right to judge the facts and the application of the law in relation to the facts in controversy.” The measure took effect on January 1 of this year.

While the defense did make the case for jury nullification, the judge undermined the intent of the law through misinformation in the instructions he issued to the jury. An attendee at the trial reported on the Free Keene Facebook page that, “Judge John C. Kissinger is reading jury instructions, where he is emphasizing the word “I” in his claim that the jury “must follow the law as *I* explain it”.”

Iloilo Jones, Executive Director of the Fully Informed Jury Association comments that, “This is a case in which a dishonest judge committed perjury in the instructions, by speaking against the authority of the jurors of New Hampshire. He used the influence of office and costume to persuade uninformed jurors to sacrifice the authority of conscience and the true role of jurors. Judge Kissinger intoned once again from the robe of office to confuse and convince the intimidated jurors to obey the laws of the government. It is no surprise that completely confused jurors would scatter in disarray before the overwhelming and intimidating power of the state.”

“Few (uninformed) jurors understand that their role is to protect fellow citizens from government tyranny, and that their first consideration is to protect the person on trial from the viciousness, greed, and ambition of government-paid employees of the same government that is making these laws, which violate human rights no less than slavery laws violated human rights,” Jones said. “It was informed jurors who helped to end slavery. Informed jurors today can help end all government abuses of human rights that are committed by government employees. Jurors are to protect people from these cruel laws, which make us slaves of government. Government wishes to own our bodies, our lives, and our productivity.”

FIJA National Coordinator Kirsten Tynan notes the blatant and unfair double standard at work in this case. “Judge Kissinger reportedly refused to include any information about jury nullification in the jury instructions and then explicitly misinformed jurors by telling them that they must follow the law as he gave it to them. He seemed intent on bullying jurors into following the letter of the law, yet he was perfectly willing to undermine it himself with false information in the instructions he delivered to them.”

Jones notes that such bullying behavior has a dramatic and chilling effect on our rights to due process and trial by jury. “If jurors are threatened, taught, and warned not to render a verdict based on their own conscience by the dishonest, government-paid judge running the courtroom, then jury trial even in New Hampshire is a sham designed to uphold the government and its employees and enforcers, rather than what jury trial is meant to be: a protection of the individual person against the ravages, greed, ambition, and dishonesty of government employees, including dishonest judges.”

In the face of such misconduct, says Jones, there is only one just remedy. “A new trial before a fully informed and honestly selected jury, with an honest judge presiding, is necessary in any case where the judge lies to the jury. This case, as with all cases before dishonest judges, must be retried before an informed and unintimidated jury,” said Jones.

About the Fully Informed Jury Association
FIJA is a non-profit association dedicated to educating the general public about their full rights, powers, and responsibilities in delivering just verdicts as trial jurors. The organization publishes and distributes educational literature and maintains a web site at FIJA.org to inform the general public of their Constitutional authority to protect human rights by refusing to enforce bad laws. FIJA encourages all jurors to consult their consciences when deliberating over a case, and to refuse to enforce any law that violates the human rights of the defendant.

Contact Information:
Fully Informed Jury Association (FIJA)
(406) 442-7800
aji@fija.org
P.O. Box 5570
Helena, MT 59604-5570

Lucille
04-25-2013, 08:48 AM
FIJA National Coordinator Kirsten Tynan notes the blatant and unfair double standard at work in this case. “Judge Kissinger reportedly refused to include any information about jury nullification in the jury instructions and then explicitly misinformed jurors by telling them that they must follow the law as he gave it to them. He seemed intent on bullying jurors into following the letter of the law, yet he was perfectly willing to undermine it himself with false information in the instructions he delivered to them.”
[...]
In the face of such misconduct, says Jones, there is only one just remedy. “A new trial before a fully informed and honestly selected jury, with an honest judge presiding, is necessary in any case where the judge lies to the jury. This case, as with all cases before dishonest judges, must be retried before an informed and unintimidated jury,” said Jones.

So he has grounds for appeal. Hopefully he'll hire a lawyer rather than accept another public pretender.

Czolgosz
04-25-2013, 11:00 AM
State licensed prosecutor. State licensed defense. State licensed arbitrator. State created code.

Here's some Marc Stevens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pxfDZkbjzVA

Keith and stuff
05-14-2013, 06:33 AM
Sadly, Rich Paul didn't take the plea. He was found guilty on all counts. He still doesn't have a sentencing hearing scheduled. Thankfully, people frequently visit and call him. Thankfully, there are weekly sign waves outside the jail and he sees them and waves to us.

You can write to him for free. If nothing else, send him stories and jokes. http://www.mail-to-jail.com/

Rich Paul needs your help with his appeal
http://freekeene.com/2013/05/13/rich-paul-needs-your-help-with-his-appeal/

(transcribed from a letter Rich wrote from jail)

Hey, everybody!

First of all, I’d like to thank all of those who have written to me and/or donated towards my commissary fund. It is you who keep me going through these dark days, and in reality make them less dark…

My spirits remain high, despite my setback, and I have hope, still, for my appeal! I have been responding to every letter I have received!

The stakes on my appeal are much higher than just what happens to me. The primary issue on appeal will be the anti-nullification jury instructions which the judge gave my jury. A successful appeal will set a precedent for all future attempts at Jury Nullification… which is much more important than where I spend my next couple of years! If you care about Jury Nullification, please donate to this cause! Only appeals courts create binding precedent!

I hope to raise $6,000.00, which I realize is a staggering sum, but which will hire the best appeals guy in New Hampshire, I am told. He will be our greatest hope for future nullification.

I am also considering a hunger strike. Please let me know what you think of this idea by mail.

In Liberty,
Rich Paul

You can donate to Rich’s Appeal Fund using Bitcoins, PayPal, or by mail:

Bitcoins: 1DVp15RpQM9XkqGpVtNyrxpzUjLLfKNTC7

PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=D3FNDTVGEF326

Mailing address:

Rich Paul Defense Fund
75 Leverett St.
Keene, NH 03431

P.S.: Publicity is vital to raising awareness of this case, and to successful fund raising as well. If you have access to any pro-legalization, pro-nullification, or Libertarian celebrities, please, please, please bring my case to their attention. The attempt by the FBI to infiltrate the Liberty Movement with Agents Provocateurs is unsettling at best. This unconstitutional move against the Liberty Movement MUST NOT STAND! Remember that publicity for me is publicity for the FSP!

P.P.S.: Thanks to all who have protested outside the jail! My fellow prisoners were intrigued and the climate warmed toward me as a result! I hope that protests will continue through my stay! I love you guys, and appreciate all you have done for me and the cause!

P.P.P.S.: If you are an attorney interested in the case, but need to wait for a request to contract me, please consider this an invitation!

P.P.P.P.S., use Mail to Jail to send mail to Rich Paul. Don't actually send a letter to him using the USPS.

IDefendThePlatform
05-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Bump

Lucille
06-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Breaking: Rich Paul sentenced to one year in the Cheshire Co. Jail. Three years probation. $650 fine.

Judge says that based on his record that state prison is not appropriate. Believes Rich that he will not sell in the future. 12 month sentence imposed in the Keene Spiritual Retreat (jail) plus a suspended prison sentence, plus probation of three years, plus $650 fine.

Attorney Kossick asks for bail pending appeal, denied. Rich taken away

Rich has already served nearly two months. With good time he could be out in seven months.

https://www.facebook.com/freekeene?ref=stream

https://twitter.com/mikearchy

Keith and stuff
06-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Breaking: Rich Paul sentenced to one year in the Cheshire Co. Jail. Three years probation. $650 fine.

Judge says that based on his record that state prison is not appropriate. Believes Rich that he will not sell in the future. 12 month sentence imposed in the Keene Spiritual Retreat (jail) plus a suspended prison sentence, plus probation of three years, plus $650 fine.

Attorney Kossick asks for bail pending appeal, denied. Rich taken away

Rich has already served nearly two months. With good time he could be out in seven months.

https://www.facebook.com/freekeene?ref=stream

https://twitter.com/mikearchy

Good work. So many people attended the sentencing hearing that some people had to wait outside the courtroom. Rich's dad gave a great speech. The whole thing was recorded by Ian Freeman so it will be on YouTube.

Keith and stuff
06-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Rich Paul Sentenced – Full Video + Rich’s Speech
June 8, 2013 by Ian
http://freekeene.com/2013/06/08/rich-paul-sentenced-full-video/

Rich Paul bravely faced down 100 years in prison to stand up for principle and attempt to hasten the demise of the insane war on drugs. Yesterday, Rich was sentenced to one year in county jail, many more suspended in prison, a three year probation, and fines.

At the sentencing hearing the court heard well-researched and passionate speeches from defense attorney Kim Kossick, Rich’s parents, and Rich himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVBkBnGq-es

You can see raw video below of Kim and Rich’s parents’ speeches as well as a ridiculous beginning portion where judge John C. Kissinger enters the court and immediately threatens the audience regarding cameras. Jason Talley and Pete engage with him regarding the court security’s confiscation of all cell phones only from people attending Rich’s trial. This is a clear violation of the court’s own standing order from head superior court judge Tina Nadeau (http://www.courts.state.nh.us/superior/adminorders/adminorder50.pdf), but Kissinger just moves the procedure along as though there is no time to deal with people being deprived of their property and rights by court agents. Here’s the full sentencing hearing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EvM2ksI0_4

Over $3,000 has been raised thus far for Rich’s appeal via this fundraiser (http://www.gofundme.com/FreeRichPaul). Your donations will be matched! Make there here. http://www.gofundme.com/FreeRichPaul

Barring some miracle, Rich is going to be in jail for at least seven months (he’s already sat nearly two, was sentenced to 12, and NH has a 2/3 “good time” rule), so he would really appreciate you writing to him via mail-to-jail.com (http://mailtojail.com/)! If you cannot donate to Rich Paul's appeal fund, write to him here. http://mailtojail.com/