PDA

View Full Version : College fires professor who forced students to sign pledge to vote for Obama

CaseyJones
04-18-2013, 02:36 PM
http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4711

Brevard Community College (BCC) has fired a professor after a school investigation concluded she required students to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the run-up to the 2012 election.

The school’s spokesman John Glisch, said the Board of Trustees voted Wednesday morning to terminate mathematics professor Sharon Sweet with an overwhelming vote.

“The board voted 3-1, with one member absent, to dismiss professor Sweet,” Glisch told Campus Reform Wednesday afternoon.

more at link ^

Christian Liberty
04-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Can we charge her with conspiracy to support murder?

Seriously though, manipulation of politics like this is probably the one area where I diverge from mainstream libertarianism. That should not be tolerated. If she actually forced them to sign that pledge she should be behind bars, in place of some innocent person the regime has imprisoned. I think she can take Scott Roeder's place...

If I had been there I would have wrote Ron Paul in red ink.

Origanalist
04-18-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm kind of surprised they fired her.

Dr.3D
04-18-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm kind of surprised they fired her.
They probably wouldn't have but for the fact of so much exposure.

sailingaway
04-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Can we charge her with conspiracy to support murder?

Seriously though, manipulation of politics like this is probably the one area where I diverge from mainstream libertarianism. That should not be tolerated. If she actually forced them to sign that pledge she should be behind bars, in place of some innocent person the regime has imprisoned. I think she can take Scott Roeder's place...

If I had been there I would have wrote Ron Paul in red ink.

I would think coercion to vote would be vote tampering and illegal. they just fired her and it can go from there. Someone would have to prosecute it.

gwax23
04-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Sounds like some of my teachers

tttppp
04-18-2013, 06:43 PM
The professor should have just brainwashed her students like most do.

jclay2
04-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Like others, I am pretty surprised. I am sure the union probably has something up their sleeve though. The last of this teacher has not been heard that is for sure.

amy31416
04-19-2013, 06:42 AM
I don't think I've ever heard of college instructors being unionized, but I could be wrong.

Where the hell are they getting these professors these days? It's pretty tough to get hired on the university instructor level and it seems they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to common sense.

Christian Liberty
04-19-2013, 06:45 AM
They like brainwashing... They're on "Team State."