cien750hp
11-25-2007, 01:58 AM
hate to start a new thread but the others were just getting too long
we're almost at 100 grand!
go go go go go!
this is happening.

pledge at: ronpaulblimp.com
(donations coming soon)

p.s. please no arguments over whether the blimp is the most effective use of money or not in this thread

austin356
11-25-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm at a loss for words since I dont talk about the blimp much except to blast it........ but I have nothing to say about that.

BeFranklin
11-25-2007, 02:04 AM
hate to start a new thread but the others were just getting too long
we're almost at 100 grand!
go go go go go!

I noticed that earlier this morning. Its growing fast.

Ron Paul Graphs is setting up a graph for it here: http://ronpaulgraphs.com/directory.html?start=0&end=3&list=rpblimp

TechnoGuyRob
11-25-2007, 02:12 AM
Awesome!!! :D :D :D

Man, this is so cool.

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 02:15 AM
The thing is people like blimps, has anybody on these boards not tried to get a better look at a blimp as it flew over. Children love blimps. We can sell cudley stuffed Ron Paul blimpies and helium balloons. I like the idea of children entering writing contests on how would you help get Ron Paul elected for a ride in each town the blimps visit. That alone will get media write ups. They would do research involve their family members who could vote. I'm telling you all the possibilities to market this from a dozen different ways are fantastic..

michaelwise
11-25-2007, 02:17 AM
How about a link in this thread to donations?

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 02:17 AM
edit: nevermind.

cien750hp
11-25-2007, 02:19 AM
anyone have a good name for it yet?
the "paul mobile"
"air ron"
"revolution blimp"
"look at ron pauls has a freakin blimp! dont you wish you had one?!"

austin356
11-25-2007, 02:19 AM
If Matt Collins posts his spam here I think my head will explode.

Oh get over it and put me in the same category.

Ill support yall's stupid blimp cause its cool too look at.

cien750hp
11-25-2007, 02:20 AM
How about a link in this thread to donations?

hold on, ill edit that into my original post in 2 seconds :)

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 02:24 AM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/images/blimps/Blimp4a.jpg (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/)donate for blimp, click here
or here http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/204/blimp5smallxf9.jpg (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/)

copy, paste into emails and such

BeFranklin
11-25-2007, 02:25 AM
http://i14.tinypic.com/6pgxis9.jpg (teaparty07.com)

Midnight77
11-25-2007, 02:27 AM
If Matt Collins posts his spam here I think my head will explode.

That's why I have him on Ignore.

:D

cien750hp
11-25-2007, 02:29 AM
i have to question why my thread got moved to "conventional advertising"
1. a blimp is not conventional
2. more people would read this in just grassroots central, therefore more donations and more input

austin356
11-25-2007, 02:32 AM
i have to question why my thread got moved to "conventional advertising"
1. a blimp is not conventional
2. more people would read this in just grassroots central, therefore more donations and more input

Everyone says their thread would have more views in "grassroots central" but not everything can go there. Blimps have been around for almost 100 years. That pretty conventional to me.

Also many people use the "new posts" feature and thus all new post no matter where they are show up. So no worry! People know about the blimp and its donations.

cien750hp
11-25-2007, 02:35 AM
Everyone says their thread would have more views in "grassroots central" but not everything can go there. Blimps have been around for almost 100 years. That pretty conventional to me.

alright you got me there austin.:cool:
however, maybe you could make a blimp section?
in terms of normal political advertising it is very unconventional, i think we should keep it seperate from all the tv/radio/newspaper ads

austin356
11-25-2007, 02:41 AM
alright you got me there austin.:cool:
however, maybe you could make a blimp section?
in terms of normal political advertising it is very unconventional, i think we should keep it seperate from all the tv/radio/newspaper ads

Well a BUMP for the Admins to see demand for a Blimp Section. The 23rd protest does not seem to be catching on nearly like the Blimp.... Does that mean the Blimp is more deserving of the coveted spot? IMO yea.

Elijah
11-25-2007, 02:47 AM

Also many people use the "new posts" feature and thus all new post no matter where they are show up. So no worry! People know about the blimp and its donations.

I agree on the new posts button. I highly recommend it and usually don't read forums any other way. In some forums it is called "recent posts". All of them have something like that.

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 02:49 AM
http://i14.tinypic.com/6pgxis9.jpg (teaparty07.com)I love that picture, should be in print media somewhere.

Sung to neocons
The Eiffel Tower and the Taj Mahal are mine to see on clear days
You thought that I would need a crystal ball to see right through the haze

Well, here's a poke at you
You're gonna choke on it too
You're gonna lose that smile
Beacuse all the while

I can see for miles and miles
I can see for miles and miles
I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles
And miles and miles and miles and miles

wisconsinite
11-25-2007, 02:52 AM
The blimp is catching on, I'm telling ya.

Almost 1/3 of the way there in pledges!

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 11:42 AM
[Admin note = off topic post removed ]

richk
11-25-2007, 12:42 PM

llamabread
11-25-2007, 12:48 PM
This is why the Blimp is getting donations and traditional ads are not. It is not a judgment on which is better. We already have plenty of threads of people yelling at each other about that.

The thing is that people want to donate to something original and unique. I'm all for traditional advertising, but that doesn't get people excited (and therefore make them want to donate their money). It might get people excited to have a Ron Paul billboard on their way to work, or have a Ron Paul ad in their local paper, but it isn't very exciting to have an ad in some other local paper 2000 miles away.

We want to see return on our investment. If I put up $700 for a billboard, I want to be able to see it every day I drive to work. If I put up money for a radio ad, I want to be able to hear it while I'm listening to the radio. The Blimp idea allows people to see where their money went, and feel good about it. A youtube video of a local reporter giving a story from the Ron Paul Blimp is a much more exciting return on our investment then being told that our radio ad was played 6 times between 4 AM and 8 PM on some random day.

Overall,
Blimp = Excitement, anti-establishment, and feeling of accomplishment
Traditional Ads = Dull, establishment, and feels like work

(And Matt, there is already a thread where we are debating whether the blimp is a good idea or not. This thread is about donations to the blimp, not whether those donations would be better spent elsewhere.)

richk
11-25-2007, 12:52 PM
My thoughts exactly. Nice post.

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 01:21 PM

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 01:25 PM

Mckarnin
11-25-2007, 01:40 PM
It has nothing to do with it. I've been waiting for a few key things locally to fall in to place and it looks like that won't happen until this upcoming week (hopefully). Once they do, I'll be ready and able to make a proposal.

Ya know what? I don't care about hurting people's feelings. I CARE ABOUT WINNING!. You should too!

1 - I am not spammping
2 - I keep bringing this up because it would be a safe bet that most people on here don't have professional experience in marketing; I do.
3 - I don't want to see people waste money on things that are not as effective. In other words this money can be better spent elsewhere and the hard numbers prove this
4 - Discussion and debate is always good when both sides of the argument are made and hopefully the more accurate side will come out on top. Let people make their own decision, but they should at least be told why the blimp is a bad idea before they give their hard earned money to it.

Matt,

I too have marketing experience and being such an annoying, intrusive and pompous ass only guarantees one thing; that when you do put forward your proposal many of those who would have listened to you before will ignore you. I was interested to hear your suggestions after reading your first anti-blimp protests in the thread dedicated to that. With each progressive post of yours in the blimp planning threads I have grown less likely to listen to you. This is no reflection on the merit of your as of yet undisclosed idea, it is human nature. You shoot down other people and act rude while contributing nothing and people will stop taking you seriously as a leader.

Chill and make a big, bumped every hour thread with your own amazing idea when it's ready. When your AMAZING idea competes in the free market with the blimp you hate there should be no contest, right? And don't give me any of the "other people aren't marketers and they don't know what sells" BS because people are who sell Ron Paul to other people and people know what they would email to their friends, call their parents about and in general get excited about and so far the people's consensus has been a pretty good predictor of what will work for Ron Paul grassroots.

llamabread
11-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Do we want to get people excited, or do we just want their votes? Last time I checked in order to win we just need their votes, nothing else.

So you are saying we should do what "feels good" regardless of whether or not it will help us win!? That's some "fuzzy logic" there.

Personally I want to do what it takes to win regardless of whether or not it is "exciting".

Again, traditional advertising WORKS - that's why companies spend money there. We need proven methods that will get people to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries.

It may not be as sexy as a blimp, but it will win the election if done correctly.

I'm not arguing that traditional advertising doesn't work. There are people with much more marketing knowhow than I who could go on for hours about how great it is (aka you). But that is less likely to encourage donations than something that gets people excited (aka the blimp). You say that we need proven methods, and thats why we are on track to give the campaign close to $20 Million dollars this quarter, so that they can use proven methods to win the election. But I'm not likely to give money to put up a local ad in New Hampshire, because for me that is where the campaign comes in. We, the grassroots people, are here to do something different. The blimp epitomizes the grassroots campaign. The traditional ads epitomize the HQ.

cien750hp
11-25-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm not arguing that traditional advertising doesn't work. There are people with much more marketing knowhow than I who could go on for hours about how great it is (aka you). But that is less likely to encourage donations than something that gets people excited (aka the blimp). You say that we need proven methods, and thats why we are on track to give the campaign close to $20 Million dollars this quarter, so that they can use proven methods to win the election. But I'm not likely to give money to put up a local ad in New Hampshire, because for me that is where the campaign comes in. We, the grassroots people, are here to do something different. The blimp epitomizes the grassroots campaign. The traditional ads epitomize the HQ.

well said!

also matt, if you read my original post, i specifically ask that you don't get into that on here again. you are free to make your own threads (like you have already done) but you do not need to post in every thread about how bad blimps are. these blimp threads are about blimbs, not blimp vs. conventional advertising fanboy flamewars

FireofLiberty
11-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Matt,

I too have marketing experience and being such an annoying, intrusive and pompous ass only guarantees one thing; that when you do put forward your proposal many of those who would have listened to you before will ignore you. I was interested to hear your suggestions after reading your first anti-blimp protests in the thread dedicated to that. With each progressive post of yours in the blimp planning threads I have grown less likely to listen to you. This is no reflection on the merit of your as of yet undisclosed idea, it is human nature. You shoot down other people and act rude while contributing nothing and people will stop taking you seriously as a leader.

Chill and make a big, bumped every hour thread with your own amazing idea when it's ready. When your AMAZING idea competes in the free market with the blimp you hate there should be no contest, right? And don't give me any of the "other people aren't marketers and they don't know what sells" BS because people are who sell Ron Paul to other people and people know what they would email to their friends, call their parents about and in general get excited about and so far the people's consensus has been a pretty good predictor of what will work for Ron Paul grassroots.

::applauds::

Midnight77
11-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Matt, like the others have said. Create your own threads and quit spamming in these threads. If you want to raise your own $300,000 to do with it what you want, go for it. This is our choice. Not yours.

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 06:45 PM
What Matt has is a very limited outlook in this equation, our budget is unlimited and multiple things are possible.

T206
11-25-2007, 06:48 PM
What Matt has is a very limited outlook in this equation, our budget is unlimited and multiple things are possible.

Unlimited budget? How?

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 07:44 PM

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 07:48 PM

stefans
11-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 07:49 PM

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 07:49 PM
edit:
point made.

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 07:50 PM

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 07:51 PM

stefans
11-25-2007, 07:54 PM

Matt Collins
11-25-2007, 07:56 PM

Bryan
11-25-2007, 07:57 PM
there is already a thread where we are debating whether the blimp is a good idea or not. This thread is about donations to the blimp, not whether those donations would be better spent elsewhere.)
QFT. Please stay on topic everyone. Thanks. :)

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 07:59 PM

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 08:02 PM

Man from La Mancha
11-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Sorry for the double post, I was correcting my sentence structure and this happened above.:confused::)