PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on The Glenn Beck Program 4/18/13 (audio added)

jct74
04-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Beck said in just a second

update:
http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=26377443&topic_id=23419450&tcid=vpp_copy_26377443&v=3

jct74
04-18-2013, 09:09 AM
stream here
http://www.glennbeck.com/publish/themes/glennbeck/live_player/

jct74
04-18-2013, 09:11 AM
on now, starting off with "props" comment

supermario21
04-18-2013, 09:20 AM
He's also gonna be on Schiff at 11:30 I believe.

Kotin
04-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Rand is sounding great.

itshappening
04-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Schiff always does a great interview.

When's he going on AJ !!

Kotin
04-18-2013, 09:30 AM
When's he going on AJ !!

hopefully never..

itshappening
04-18-2013, 09:33 AM
hopefully never..

You're a snob.

Rand would get more support and donations from AJ's audience than the rest of the talking heads COMBINED.

That's a fact.

There's a reason why Ron went on there dozens of times.

NewRightLibertarian
04-18-2013, 09:44 AM
You're a snob.

Rand would get more support and donations from AJ's audience than the rest of the talking heads COMBINED.

That's a fact.

But someone somewhere might say something bad about it so just go on Levin and Beck and Hannity instead :rolleyes:

Kotin
04-18-2013, 09:52 AM
You're a snob.

That's a fact.

lol ok. I'm a snob?

Ron did not want to win and Rand will never win by associating with Alex Jones.

Rand needs to stay away from AJ.. and honestly, if you think that its for donations and support that he should go on AJ, you obviously have no clue how any of this works.

itshappening
04-18-2013, 09:55 AM
lol ok. I'm a snob?

Rand needs to stay away from AJ.. and honestly, if you think that its for donations and support that he should go on AJ, you obviously have no clue how any of this works.

LOL, if you think the special interests are going to fund his election you're sadly mistaken.

He would be doing his campaign a huge disservice ignoring AJ.

And if you think he's going to get a cent from the listeners of Levin, Beck, etc (neocon's) then you're also deluded.

But keep deluding yourself...

Obviously you have no idea how this works!

Corrupt special interests will not fund someone who will end their scams.

The only big money Rand will get is from the Koch's and that's not going to be enough.

JK/SEA
04-18-2013, 09:57 AM
its all good...how many listeners does AJ have?...thats the bottom line.

Kotin
LOL, if you think the special interests are going to fund his election you're sadly mistaken.

ANd if you think he's going to get a cent from the listeners of Levin, Beck, etc (neocon's) then you're also deluded.

lol you are full of shit.

Ron's two campaigns are proof that you are full of shit. and don't put words in my mouth.

NewRightLibertarian

And if you think he's going to get a cent from the listeners of Levin, Beck, etc (neocon's) then you're also deluded.

Obviously you have no idea how this works!

Corrupt special interests will not fund someone who will end their scams.

The only big money Rand will get is from the Koch's and that's not going to be enough.

Apparently according to the strategic geniuses around here, Rand should rely on corporate cash to get the Presidency. I'm sure they'll just toss money at him without expecting any favors once he gets elected. Sounds like a foolproof method of achieving liberty to me!

itshappening
Once Rand runs you'll see yourself. His new "friends" will not open their check books for him.

Then you'll see him back on AJ.

People here are so naive it's hilarious.

ninepointfive
04-18-2013, 09:58 AM
its all good...how many listeners does AJ have?...thats the bottom line.

millions. Ron personally said that his audience was about half his donations and support base.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-18-2013, 10:00 AM

Because it was guaranteed to be a softball interview?

When Ron Paul was ducking O'Reilly in 2011 (http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0811/OReilly_says_Ron_Paul_wont_come_on_his_show.html), everyone here said it was because O'Reilly would ask hard questions, and that wouldn't be fair.

itshappening
04-18-2013, 10:02 AM
I meant to neg rep Kotin and ended up approving. That sucks.

My day is ruined.

itshappening
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM

When Ron Paul was ducking O'Reilly in 2011 (http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0811/OReilly_says_Ron_Paul_wont_come_on_his_show.html), everyone here said it was because O'Reilly would ask hard questions, and that wouldn't be fair.

Has Jay Carney told you today's news yet?

speciallyblend
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
lol ok. I'm a snob?

If aj wants to be taken seriously. He has to stop acting like a raving lunatic and coming from me hehe that says alot!!

ninepointfive
04-18-2013, 10:04 AM

The media often said getting ahold of Ron was nearly impossible. Ron's campaign wasn't working with the newsmedia and wasn't all that professional when they did actually deal with them.

speciallyblend
04-18-2013, 10:07 AM

My day is ruined.

most aj interviews i have seen .He only interrupts his guests. Very annoying. AJ makes beck look like an anti-dramaqueen talking head. ps and i am not a beck fan.

ninepointfive
04-18-2013, 10:08 AM
most aj interviews i have seen .He only interrupts his guests. Very annoying. AJ makes beck look like an anti-dramaqueen talking head. ps and i am not a beck fan.

he does that with certain guests more than others, and yeah it's a little annoying

NewRightLibertarian
04-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Once Rand runs you'll see yourself. His new "friends" will not open their check books for him.

Then you'll see him back on AJ.

People here are so naive it's hilarious.

They're not naive, they're desperate to run dedicated supporters out of the movement so they'll get a pat on the head from the Hannity's and Beck's of the world. This isn't naivety, this is a betrayal.

JK/SEA
04-18-2013, 10:11 AM
most talking heads, including AJ, do a fair amount of interrupting...some worse than others. Its a wash. Bottomline as i said is listener numbers.

itshappening
04-18-2013, 10:14 AM
This is from the biased Media Matters and their file on Alex Jones (lol how pathetic are they?)

-
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul has appeared on Jones' radio program repeatedly over the years. Paul used Jones' program as a publicity and fundraising platform during his U.S. Senate campaign, and Jones was an enthusiastic and active supporter of his candidacy.

During an August 21, 2009 appearance, Paul promoted a fundraising "moneybomb" and implored Jones' audience to help him. Jones enthusiastically backed his call and said "we have got to get behind you." Jones went on to describe Paul's senate candidacy as a vital stepping stone to destroying "the New World Order ... I can't stress enough how important this race for the Kentucky Senate is." Paul replied: "You're right." A description on the video states, "Rand's Moneybomb was one of the biggest in a long time, and now he is starting to pull away from the others in contribution money raised! Please support this Patriot who will fight for you like his father, Ron Paul of Texas."

A search of Jones' YouTube channel returns interviews such as:

April 2012.

During the conclusion of the interview, Jones told Paul: "It is so refreshing to talk to a senator who does not compromise and is just so real. Senator Rand Paul, thank you so much for the time today."

December 2010.

August 2009.

July 2009.

May 2009.

SOURCE (and links to interviews)
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/16/alex-jones-and-his-enablers/193647

itshappening
04-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Now where were Hannity, Rush, Beck and Levin during 2009? They would not have Rand Paul on. AJ did.

Know who your friends are. The others actually hate him and will try and stab him in the back or pick him apart as we get closer to 2016. Luckily Rand is too smart for them but they will try it.

Brett85
04-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Hopefully April of 2012 was the last interview Rand ever has with Alex Jones.

itshappening
04-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Hopefully April of 2012 was the last interview Rand ever has with Alex Jones.

Hopefully it's not otherwise he's costing his campaign millions of dollars to compete with the bought off candidates like Rubio who can raise untold millions from the MIC and Wall St. unless AJ organically gets behind him .

Like I said you have no idea how politics and money works. Rand needs money and he aint getting it from special interests.

Prediction: He'll pop up on AJ again once he realizes this.

Bruno
04-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Lot of non-updates on AJ.

How was the Rand interview with Beck?

jct74
04-18-2013, 11:19 AM
interview here:
http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=26377443&topic_id=23419450&tcid=vpp_copy_26377443&v=3

T.hill
04-18-2013, 11:46 AM

My day is ruined.

When Rand runs his father is going to campaign for him and enthusiastically endorse him, that alone will send hundreds of thousands of dollars his way, well actually millions. Also, if you think Alex Jones is that significant, which may be true, then Ron will go on Infowars for him when the time comes.

T.hill
04-18-2013, 11:49 AM
There a lot of negative implications you don't seem to be aware of that will follow Rand if he goes on Infowars now, Alex Jones does not have much credibility other than having the reputation of a crazy loony tune to the majority of people and voters. Alex Jones can be reasonable and rational, but most of the time he sounds like a raving lunatic.

itshappening
04-18-2013, 12:38 PM
When Rand runs his father is going to campaign for him and enthusiastically endorse him, that alone will send hundreds of thousands of dollars his way, well actually millions. Also, if you think Alex Jones is that significant, which may be true, then Ron will go on Infowars for him when the time comes.

He is significant. Only someone who doesn't know anything would say he isn't.

His listeners pretty much bankrolled Ron in 07 and '12.

Rand aint getting a cent from government-connected special interests. They will be lavishly funding his opponents. If Rand wants to compete he has to raise around 30 million and it's going to have to come from the grassroots. AJ's audience is a big part of that and if he ignores them he's leaving millions on the table which could be crucial.

If he secures the nomination then some of the elites will open their wallets but most will support the Democrat.

FriedChicken
04-18-2013, 12:50 PM
COME ON!! This thread's OP has NOTHING to do with AJ.
There is logic on both sides of the AJ discussion - I'm just going to leave that decision to Rand and his handlers and hope for the best because honestly I don't think that arguing with people online will make any difference anyway!

There are definitely more important things to have an argument about.

I was really hoping to get a play by play of how the Beck interview was going by people listening to it and instead its the same old AJ disagreement I have come by every day while browsing this forum.

This thread shouldn't be about AJ ... that's all I'm saying.

VoteRandPaul2016
04-18-2013, 12:51 PM
^ agreeed

Has anyone found a tube yet for the Glenn Beck interview?

itshappening
04-18-2013, 12:55 PM
No, it's on theblaze in the original post

Copyrighted no doubt

FriedChicken
04-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Rand should keep doing interviews with Beck - every corny outfit I've seen Rand wear is completely normalized when compared to Beck's clothing choices.

(and for anyone thinking of negative repping me on that ... it was a joke)

VoteRandPaul2016
04-18-2013, 01:22 PM
No, it's on theblaze in the original post

Copyrighted no doubt

Bleh, oh well.

T.hill
04-18-2013, 01:41 PM
He is significant. Only someone who doesn't know anything would say he isn't.

His listeners pretty much bankrolled Ron in 07 and '12.

Rand aint getting a cent from government-connected special interests. They will be lavishly funding his opponents. If Rand wants to compete he has to raise around 30 million and it's going to have to come from the grassroots. AJ's audience is a big part of that and if he ignores them he's leaving millions on the table which could be crucial.

If he secures the nomination then some of the elites will open their wallets but most will support the Democrat.

What? Alex Jones listeners contributed to Ron's campaigns, but so many have learned of Ron Paul from other sources not just AJ. Like I said Ron will mediate the situation so Rand himself doesn't have to go on the show and harm his reputation with average low-information voters during his campaign while still getting support from the viewers as well. Associating with AJ more than he has to should not be recommended, because he can harm his reputation with average Republicans, evangelicals and older voters.

As you know he needs to continue to expand his base of supporters and if you think that means Rand should go on Infowars every chance he gets then your seriously delusional. Your giving him way too much credit.

T.hill
04-18-2013, 01:50 PM
People didn't solely get turned on to Ron Paul because of Alex Jones, there were probably many supporters and donors to Ron Paul's campaign that didn't even watch Alex Jones. Like myself.

Krzysztof Lesiak
04-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Lol the Libertarian Party recently invited Glenn Beck

itshappening
04-18-2013, 05:06 PM
tube tweeted by eduardo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoOnAYwjCtQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoOnAYwjCtQ